Cersie's Upcoming Trial

Sweetgirl205

OK. Can a reanimated, headless corpse really be Cersie's champion? As much grief as Cersie gave Margeory over who could/could not be named champion for Margeory's trial, I'm not sure zombie Mountain really fits the rules. Also, will he have a head during combat? If so, whose? His own head is in Dorne, right?

Granted, the rules are probably a little more lax for a queen regent than a queen, but still, this seems to be pushing it.

my first post has to be a flame? c'mon...

nobody knows / going to be asking questions about ser robert strong. those who are "in" know who he really is, but with kevan and pycelle dead, the only two that really know are cercei and qyburn, and why on ESSOS do you think they would say anything about who he really is...?

he's gonna keep that helmet on. he has a oath of silence...did you even read the books or did you just hop on the wikia and read the theories?

I don't think the issue will come up unless Ser Robert's head gets chopped off and he keeps going as if nothing happened.

Do you find Cersei's hypocrisy surprising somehow? Of course she narrowed down Margaery's options. She wants Margaery to lose.

my first post has to be a flame? c'mon...

nobody knows / going to be asking questions about ser robert strong. those who are "in" know who he really is, but with kevan and pycelle dead, the only two that really know are cercei and qyburn, and why on ESSOS do you think they would say anything about who he really is...?

he's gonna keep that helmet on. he has a oath of silence...did you even read the books or did you just hop on the wikia and read the theories?

Easy there, big fella. You're wrong, people are asking questions about him right now:

“The silent giant.” Lord Randyll grimaced.

“Tell me, ser, where did this man come from?” demanded Mace Tyrell. “Why have we never heard his name before? He does not speak, he will not show his face, he is never seen without his armor. Do we know for a certainty that he is even a knight?”

Kevan Lannister had a strong suspicion of just who this Ser Robert really was beneath that gleaming white armor. A suspicion that Mace Tyrell and Randyll Tarly no doubt shared.

Meryn Trant claimed that Strong took neither food nor drink, and Boros Blount went so far as to say he had never seen the man use the privy. Why should he? Dead men do not shit.

So people who aren't Kevan, Pycelle, Cersei or Qyburn are asking questions and will likely keep asking them. Did you even read the books or just hop on the wiki and read the theories? :dunno:

OK. Can a reanimated, headless corpse really be Cersie's champion? As much grief as Cersie gave Margeory over who could/could not be named champion for Margeory's trial, I'm not sure zombie Mountain really fits the rules. Also, will he have a head during combat? If so, whose? His own head is in Dorne, right?

Granted, the rules are probably a little more lax for a queen regent than a queen, but still, this seems to be pushing it.

He was named to the King's Guard so that's pretty much the soul qualification for defending the Queen Regent.

As for the head question, that's an unknown. It's possible Cersei sent a fake head to Dorne. Or he has someone else's head attached to his body like Frankenstein's monster. It won't come up unless his helm is knocked off.

I don't think the issue will come up unless Ser Robert's head gets chopped off and he keeps going as if nothing happened.

Do you find Cersei's hypocrisy surprising somehow? Of course she narrowed down Margaery's options. She wants Margaery to lose.

Haha! That would make for interesting conversation!

Seriously though like the other posters said: he will wear his helmet, no one cares who he is as long as he is a member of the KG.

High Septon way too involved for this to fly smoothly.

Hmmm. No one is going to be suspicious its the Mountain's body, and not some 8-foot tall mute, who never shows his face and just appears out of thin air?

High Septon way too involved for this to fly smoothly.

Hmmm. No one is going to be suspicious its the Mountain's body, and not some 8-foot tall mute, who never shows his face and just appears out of thin air?

Well I'm sure they are all suspicious but technically he meets the requirements Cersei set forth for Margaery. What grounds could they dispute him being her champion on? Is it against the rules to have some half dead or undead KG member your champion? It sure should be but Idk lol

Well I'm sure they are all suspicious but technically he meets the requirements Cersei set forth for Margaery. What grounds could they dispute him being her champion on? Is it against the rules to have some half dead or undead KG member your champion? It sure should be but Idk lol

I would bet that the faith has some rules against Necromancy

Qyburn is chained to the same secrecy ship here as I doubt the Seven or anyone else is going to take kindly to a necromancer. I suppose his helmet could accidentally get knocked off before the trial, but do you really think that's going to happen?

Qyburn is chained to the same secrecy ship here as I doubt the Seven or anyone else is going to take kindly to a necromancer. I suppose his helmet could accidentally get knocked off before the trial, but do you really think that's going to happen?

I was thinking more of his helm getting knocked off in the fight

Archived