Cersie's Upcoming Trial

Sweetgirl205

Sorry, can't remember, but what exactly is Cersie on trial for? The "walk of shame" was just for sleeping with the Kettlebacks right? So her trial with the faith is for the murder on the previous High Septon and the murder of Robert? Is the twincest mention? Will the outcome of the trial have any effect on Tommen's claim to the throne?

I've thought about this a bunch, if Cersei loses her trial shit gets real fast. Stannis would likely be declared king, or at least should be because he was mainly excluded and branded as a traitor due to his uprising claiming that the kids were born of incest, and he would be proven right. Obviously there would be resistance from the faith since Stannis 'worships' the demon god R'hollor now, so even more shit would hit the fan. I think that Cersei will in her trial yet Marg will lose hers, allowing for the Tyrells to jump ship and doom the Lannisters.

Basically that no one in King's Landing is asking the question "Wasn't House Strong exterminated hundreds of years ago?". They kept Harrenhal and paid dearly for that. Suddenly, a man the size of Gregor Clegane appears claiming to be a living member of that same family.

There are Strongs with the Golden Company

I've thought about this a bunch, if Cersei loses her trial shit gets real fast. Stannis would likely be declared king, or at least should be because he was mainly excluded and branded as a traitor due to his uprising claiming that the kids were born of incest, and he would be proven right. Obviously there would be resistance from the faith since Stannis 'worships' the demon god R'hollor now, so even more shit would hit the fan. I think that Cersei will in her trial yet Marg will lose hers, allowing for the Tyrells to jump ship and doom the Lannisters.

The Faith never declares Stannis as the king because they dubbed him as a demon worshipper (can't say they are completely wrong). I think the Faith will go for fAegon.

Faith could go many ways. Could even try and form a theocracy I suppose, they are in a position of power at the moment. Personally if Marge is found innocent and Cersei guilty, I expect the Tyrells to play the "Renly was Robert's heir, then, and Margaery was married to him" card, though unless they dangerously switch on the her having sex thing, I don't think it would get them far

I think that Cersei will in her trial yet Marg will lose hers, allowing for the Tyrells to jump ship and doom the Lannisters.

I think it is easy to mount a lion and not so easy to get off. I don't think there's anything left for the Tyrells to do but crash and burn, spectacularly, but Jaime, Cersei and Tyrion likely have plenty left to do.

I think it is easy to mount a lion and not so easy to get off. I don't think there's anything left for the Tyrells to do but crash and burn, spectacularly, but Jaime, Cersei and Tyrion likely have plenty left to do.

I disagree. I think they have some moves left.

The show strongly hinted, first of all, that the LF and Tyrell alliance was still active after Joffrey's poisoning. I thought this was possible from the books, but the show left a stronger impression. It is intriguing.

If so, the Tyrells have the Vale as allies and as safe haven when things go to hell for them in KL. They likely are not huge fans of Stannis, since they did not fight for him before and they now know via Brienne that Stannis used magic to kill Renly. However it is not clear if their dislike is strong enough to prevent them declaring for Stannis, helping out in the North to seat Sansa at Winterfell then fighting for the throne with Stannis.

Alternately they might declare for Aegon or even Daenerys.

I disagree. I think they have some moves left.

Agreed, but only as long as they have Margaery. If Margaery wins her trial but Cersei loses...the marriage to Tommen will be annulled and Lord Tyrell will hightail it to Aegon to try and get his little girl another crown.

If Margaery dies, the Tyrells largely die with her.

Agreed, but only as long as they have Margaery. If Margaery wins her trial but Cersei loses...the marriage to Tommen will be annulled and Lord Tyrell will hightail it to Aegon to try and get his little girl another crown.

If Margaery dies, the Tyrells largely die with her.

Why? They will be angry and want to avenge her, Loras is likely not actually as badly injured as claimed and Wilas is alive as well.

Why? They will be angry and want to avenge her, Loras is likely not actually as badly injured as claimed and Wilas is alive as well.

Please understand I don't mean literal death for the whole family. Of course they'll want to avenge her, but she is their tie to greater power and she's the darling of the family. Without her I can see them steadily declining in the game, maybe losing the will to continue in it. If the price of power is Margaery's life, well that just may be too high for them.

I'm not sure we're ever going to meet Willas, but he doesn't seem the avenging type. With is injury I see him as more Doran to Garlan/Loras' Oberyn. I think it would be Olenna who avenges her by poisoning Tommen (and herself, thus removing the murderer and depriving Cersei of the ability to hold any other Tyrell accountable).

Why do any of you expect Margaery's trial to be combat? Remember Margaery was freed by the High Septon so she must of confessed to something and either atoned for it or freed on confirmation of that confession...She could still express innoocence on all charges and be freed as Cersei was (without the walk of shame) and await trial...

At this point all the advantages are in Margaery's corner...Cersei's trial preceeds hers and if Cersei Quuen Dowager can use Gregorstein to ascertain innocence so can Margaery being Queen Consort is if she feels trial by combat is necessary...Margaey probably confessed to aquiring "moon tea" however not for use but at the request of Taena Merryweather...Pycelle isn't there to deny the explantion and Merryweather is no longer in Kings Landing to deny it either...the High Septon has probably recognized the "fornication" charge is baseless given Osfryd's confession, the denials of others named except a half crazed visibly tortured ministral who would say anything to make the pain go away...Margaery has had at the minimum several weeks to convince Tommen that they in did consummate relations on their wedding night while continuing to do so while Cersei was in Baelor's...Is Tommen going to deny it happening considering Margaery would be his constant companion 24/7 for weeks on end and the pleasere thereof? Thus leaving only one charge at Margaery's feet...not being a virgin taking part in the "Maidens Day" observence to which she can claim fear of retribution by a mother-in-law that is seen sullied by the church

Cersei has only one out....Margaery has a plethora.

We already know Margery is having a trial by Faith, not combat. It was specifically said in the books.

However she may lose it, because the Sparrows may not be what they seem. She believes she will win her trial by Faith and that is why she chose the option. Imagine her surprise if and when they declare her guilty!

We already know Margery is having a trial by Faith, not combat. It was specifically said in the books.

However she may lose it, because the Sparrows may not be what they seem. She believes she will win her trial by Faith and that is why she chose the option. Imagine her surprise if and when they declare her guilty!

However does the trial by Faith have same option as seen in Tyrion's trial to convert to trial By battle if Margaery see her chances going south?

I want to see a trial by 7 (combat) again.

I'm hoping for that too, but I think we'll have to wait for it. Unless the Others/Night's King slow down their trajectory, they may have to be dealt with first.

Current candidates for a trial of seven are Tyrion, Sansa, and anyone Dany or Stannis decides to accuse of something meriting major punishment. Aegon if he turns out to be fake maybe, but I could see someone just offing him before he gets a chance at a trial. Still, he'd know about the option of trial of seven with all of his studying of both history and the faith.

I couldn't see the Tyrells consenting to Margaery's execution, even if she was found guilty of adultery. More likely, she'd have to do some form of penance. However, if evidence emerged, during her trial, that she was a party to the murder of Joffrey, that would be a very different matter.

The charges against Cersei are far more serious than the charge against Margaery..

Easy there, big fella. You're wrong, people are asking questions about him right now:

So people who aren't Kevan, Pycelle, Cersei or Qyburn are asking questions and will likely keep asking them. Did you even read the books or just hop on the wiki and read the theories? :dunno:

HA HA HA!! DAMN!!!! i KNOW THATS RIGHT!!!.......Seems to me like he is definitely some type of abomination.... It will be interesting if the Hound fights him nd knocks his helmet off during the duel.. Gasp!!?!!!

Archived