NHL 2014-15 - The Puck Drops Here

Jabronius Maximus

Rinne for the Vezina is a sure bet at the halfway point, but what about Rinne for the Hart? He's making a very strong case, and imo there isn't a forward who has really stepped forward and separated from the pack. Maybe Malkin? Getzlaf?

I'd say Giordano and Rinne are the top 2 MVP candidates as we near the halfway point. Edge goes to Rinne imo.

Edit: and wow, looks like there won't be a sophomore slump from Tyler Johnson. The guy has easily replaced Marty's production for Tampa.

I have a hard time taking the Norris seriously. The fact that Scott Stevens never won one was an absolute joke. It's as much about offensive production as it is good defense.

They really should have something like the Selke for offensive defensemen, and make the Norris strictly about defense.

Stevens was little more than a headhunting goon who was a good dressing room leader. His solid defensive play was a result of a well-followed team system. He was good at what he was there for, but he was too slow and didn't have the offensive touch to really stand out. That he was left off the 2002 gold medal winning Olympic team, and was an assistant captain of the 1998 team that shit the bed speaks volumes as to his worth, imo.

Stevens was little more than a headhunting goon who was a good dressing room leader. His solid defensive play was a result of a well-followed team system. He was good at what he was there for, but he was too slow and didn't have the offensive touch to really stand out. That he was left off the 2002 gold medal winning Olympic team, and was an assistant captain of the 1998 team that shit the bed speaks volumes as to his worth, imo.

Wow, you are so far off the mark it's not even funny. "Head hunting goon" what a ridiculous claim. He was not a dirty player at all. He just happened to master the open ice hit. He was hardly ever penalized, and was extremely respected around the league. He also was better offensively than most realize. He had an extremely hard shot, and scored almost 200 goals as a stay at home defenseman. Getting passed over for team Canada proves nothing. They could have 3 teams most years with all the talent they have. His Conn Smythe trophy and HoF induction speaks much louder imo.

:o

Them's fightin words right there

Interesting couple days for the Pens. Acquired Perron from the Oilers for Klinkhammer and a first rounder: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=746710

Also, apparently Craig Adams and Malkin got in a brawl at practice. I saw some footage of Adams skating away with his mouth area covered in blood: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/evgeni-malkin-involved-in-morning-skate-fight-with-craig-adams-211117721.html

There's tanking, and then there is what the Oilers are doing.

As for Perron, he's shooting 6.8%, compared to his career average of 13%. So he'll certainly get back to career numbers with Crosby or Malkin. He'll be a great addition to the wing - he's a smaller guy but he's hard nosed, and even a pest at times.

There's tanking, and then there is what the Oilers are doing.

As for Perron, he's shooting 6.8%, compared to his career average of 13%. So he'll certainly get back to career numbers with Crosby or Malkin. He'll be a great addition to the wing - he's a smaller guy but he's hard nosed, and even a pest at times.

That and his right hand is exactly what we need. Looking forward to see him on whichever line we place him on. Probably gonna be Malkin since Crosby meshes quite well with Kunitz and Hornqvist.

That and his right hand is exactly what we need. Looking forward to see him on whichever line we place him on. Probably gonna be Malkin since Crosby meshes quite well with Kunitz and Hornqvist.

We'll see today how that lineup will work. Perron will be suiting up v Montreal.

I hope he succeeds, because he was my favorite oiler during his time here (and because I was lucky enough to snag him for both of my fantasy teams).

Archived