Assuming Jaime lives.....

JaegrM

Big assumption...

If he lives, he will be one of the biggest heroes, but as with his kingslaying and as with his brother's strategic leadership of the battle of the Blackwater, nobody will honor him for his deeds. He will retire finally to CR and he will not marry not have kids.

Somewhere in Westeros.org I read a pretty decent thread that Jaime is AA, I like the idea of this because it DOESN'T follow the known prophecies to the letter and seems a fitting end for Jaime's redemption arc....he would have to end HUGE to wipe out the nasties in his past.

Somewhere in Westeros.org I read a pretty decent thread that Jaime is AA, I like the idea of this because it DOESN'T follow the known prophecies to the letter and seems a fitting end for Jaime's redemption arc....he would have to end HUGE to wipe out the nasties in his past.

I think that theory is based around a potential trial by combat with Brienne involving him killing her with Oathkeeper.

My own crackpot theory is that Jaime will meet Dany at some point, and Tyrion will be the only thing that saves his life, and be Dany's betrayal for blood.

Marrying Brienne and becoming Lord of Tarth.

Hell, no.

Anyway, I'd like to see him kill Cersei (so he would be the valonqar) and be saved by Tyrion's request at the last minute.

Then, in my ideal ending he goes to become an errant knight (in my ideal ending he's also the last POV character we read about, I always picture him happy and free riding away from KL).

He would then do something heroic and be remembered as Jaime the Lionheart for the years to come.

I really, REALLY, hope he's going to be one of the survivor. Jaime's redemption cicle is so beautifully written...

He loses commander status and gets busted down to squire like Captain Kirk took a demotion from admiral to captain, and this gives him the chance to squire for the Blackfish just like he's always wanted? (Assuming Jaime plays a pivotal role in BWB getting back at Walder and getting the Tullys back into their castle. The Fish may extend his protection around this new fast friend of his when Targ troops come calling to collect Jaime, making up some quaint BS like "this man is not the one you seek, this is my new squire! Ask anyone." Or Jaime is already part of the North's battle with the Others when Daenerys arrives to help and she can't afford to be selfish with a vendetta because they need every able body, etc.... this version could take him anywhere.)

Where do you realistically seeing him-

1) Ending up?

2)Going down in the history books?

1) First off Cersei as soon as she wins her trial is going to have Brienne and Jaime hunted down like dogs, and I think Brienne will be killed but Jaime will survive the battle. Then he'll hear of Aegon in the South (with Dorne at his back after Myrcella is killed by a random agent), the Fall of the Boltons in the North, Euron invading the Reach, and maybe even the Brotherhood taking Riverrun. Jaime would have enough sense then to know that the Lannisters are doomed, so Jaime goes South to join Aegon, in order to save Tommen's life and to give Aegon the Westerlands without a fight. In order to not be seen as a child butcher as the Lannisters had, Aegon will agree to Jaime's request.

When the Invasion of King's Landing occurs, Varys is able to smuggle out everyone of value from King's Landing except Tommen who is being guarded by Ser Robert Strong. Jaime then knows that he himself must go and get Tommen himself, and also discovers that Cersei has rigged the city to blow. The Tyrells and Faith Militant open the gates to King's Landing before Jaime can get to Tommen, and Cersei then poisons him. Jaime walks into the throne room in time to see Tommen dying of poisoning. Cersei is ecstatic to see him, knowing that they'd always die together. Jaime interrupts her and asks if she knows why he killed the Mad King. She says for the family, but Jaime tells her she's wrong and goes into detail on why he did it. Slowly but surely she'll realize that Jaime is here to kill her and that she turned into the Mad Queen. When he finishes his story he tells her that he secured Tommen's life and rights to Casterly Rock, and then proceeds to strangle her.

Jaime is still imprisoned for kinslaying, and one night Connington comes to him in a panic. He tells him that he's discovered that Aegon is a fake, and he has been poisoned by Varys, and to flee and protect Rhaegar's heir, Jon Snow. Jaime escapes the Red Keep and flees North. He then serves Jon Snow and eventually does in the Final Battle with the Others on the Trident.

2) His legacy will be as the ultimate back stabber and the most treacherous man in Westeros, with only his own brother being comparable to him. I doubt that Jaime will redeem his legacy at large, but the characters who matter will remember him for his great deeds.

But seriously, I see him serving, in some way, to Jon as a leader or Tyrion as a leader. I can see him as the Lord Commander, or ironically, as hand of the King.

It should be said I can totally see him dying before it gets that far. But if he is alive, I see it working with those characters as winners more so than others.

I can see him being AA. However, I see a situation where there are several characters who fit the AA arc to do heroic things including Jaime, Jon, Dany, Davos and maybe more.

I can also totally see Jaime Lannister, the Dragon Slayer.

Judging by the path GRRM has taken with his storyline so far (going from a guy we very much hate to a guy we actually like), he either dies doing a great and noble deed, or he peacefully retreats somewhere in a minor castle with a minor lady (Brienne?? Dunno) and we never hear of him again. I fear he dies tho

Archived