How much of WoW is written? [Anne Groell's interview and the series' length, part ii]

Ninefingers

Go cry to mommy.

Poor you, a professional writer has more than 1 book he likes to work on, need a tissue?

When HBO spoils the ending for us in 3 years I remember this, lol

Why would you come to the thread designed for people to bitch about how long Martin is taking, just so you can bitch at the people bitching about how long Martin is taking?

Also, don't be careless.

I reckon the book will be out in mid-late 2015.

It's a thread about an interview, not a thread to complain. Get it right.

I think TWoW will be released by Christmas. Here is my reasoning:

GRRM's schedule is filled with numerous Comic conventions this summer. Does this sound like the behavior of someone with a half finished manuscript and a mob of fans waiting for the next book? IMO It does not. i think he is pretty much done it.

If he is done then why havent we received a release date?

BECAUSE MARKETING!

What would create more hype for the next book:

a: releasing the date mid season of the popular TV show (tv only fans would go meh big deal i will just wait for next week's episode cuz reading is alot of work)--(prediction based on my friends..)

or

b: releasing the date the moment the season finale ends.

IMO B would create a larger hype than a because....

- not everyone who watches the show has read the books

by putting it at the end of the season right when the TV only fans are craving more, it gives the people who never read the books an opportunity to find out what happens BEFORE the next HBO season. This would drive up book sales because people will be like "aww the season is over but I want to know what happens next" *magic add for TWoW appears with release date* fan: "Instead of sitting around waiting for an ENTIRE YEAR, I can read the books!" (fan thinks he/she is extremely brilliant and proceeds to buy the books)

Suddenly reading the books seems like an easier way to fule a GoT addiction. (even though it is more work)

For people like us who are into the books so much that they post theories on the forums the release date announce date does not matter but

for the TV show only fans, a perfectly timed announcement for the next book could persuade some to read the books.

In conclusion: I think we will get TWoW by Xmas and it will be announced at the end of season 4 of GOT to maximise book sales

Does this make sense to anyone else?

Part of what you’re saying makes sense. I’m not sure if I agree with everything you say, but it does point at something I thought of during all the hype about how we might expect a release date at the beginning of this season, or –now—season five. If they want to time the announcements with the seasons, they will announce the release date at the end of the season, not at the beginning. It gives people a sort of feeling of continuity, something to keep them busy until the rest of the story comes out.

So, if they time the release with the seasons, the announcement will come either at the end of this season or season five. And I see no reason why the release of the books should have anything to do with A World of Ice and Fire, they’re completely different, and I for one, would by both of them on the same day, if I could.

Archived