King's Landing's a ticking time bomb

Angmar

So through Jaime's confession about the Mad King, about how he had wlidfire stacked in every part of King's Landing made me think that maybe through some misshap in the future, King's Landing will be burnt to ashes? The fire could be caused by many forms: dragon fire, Cersei burning down a building and the fire getting out of hand...

Because Jaime never says that the stacks were removed, so there's a huge possibility of them still being there, awaiting...

Am I wront to think maybe the whole place will go off as a bomb?

Seems possible. Cersei/Daenerys being the culprit seems most likely.

After what's happened to her, Cersei may want to bring down KL in a state of madness before her death due to her treatment during the walk of shame. Jaime having to kill her like he did Aerys to stop it could be good. Daenerys possibly taking the IT and going mad, but Barristan killing her to save KL after he looked down on Jaime for doing the same thing, could be really good too.

I think it would Cersei igniting the wildfire given her Aerys parallel. The only way I would see her doing this would be towards the end of the series, if all her children are dead, with the enemy at the gates, and she knows that the war is completely lost for her side with no hope of victory.

And yet more fuel for the great pyre that is the Winds of Winter, all it needs is a spark.

Just in case the two trials aren't good enough for you. Or you're uninterested in Jon's sewing classes at the wall lead by Bowen Marsh, Arya's increased murdering prowess, Dany's battle of Meereen, Stannis going to Winterfell, the great northern conspiracy, Dorne, I I, The reach, the westerlands, the vale and Littlefinger, Jaime and Brienne going to meet Stoneheart and Aegon landing in the Stormlands.

When that book comes out things are just going to explode.

I was under the impression that when Tyrion was bugging the Necromancers for more wildfire to prep for battle of black water, that they raided the stashes to miraculously produce the large quantities he wanted. They originally told Tyrion they could only get some wildfire, then next thing we know they have a ton of it.

I was under the impression that when Tyrion was bugging the Necromancers for more wildfire to prep for battle of black water, that they raided the stashes to miraculously produce the large quantities he wanted. They originally told Tyrion they could only get some wildfire, then next thing we know they have a ton of it.

One cache of wildfire was found by accident, the alchemists attributed the large quantities to increased effectiveness of their "spells".

What im curious about is why Jaime thought it was a good idea to not tell anyone about the various stockpiles of extremely volatile explosives the mad king had distributed throughout the city, which is one of the big logic holes in the story for me that i cant find an answer for except that its going to have consequences later.

Why would Jaime consciously decide not to have the wildfire cleared out after he killed the mad king to stop him having the city destroyed, he knew all of their plans in great detail, and surely he knows how dangerous it is to just leave this stuff sitting around, even without someone waiting to set it off

You guys are missing the obvious answer

When the pots get old, they get even easier to break because the wildfire is eating through the clay on those pots, or distorting it. All it could really take is one pot cracking, or getting rattled off a shelf during a battle/siege, or if someone literally and figuratively stumbes on it. That whole cache goes up, it ignites a huge portion of the city and burns hot enough to eat through stone, and possibly ignites others. That's probably hundreds of lives lost right there, and has a possibility of taking almost all of KL's 500k.

Anyone entertain the idea that this could be the others' end game? They take KL, then blammo! Goodbye others

I have had similar thoughts, that the Other will take King's Landing. Once there, they can zombify the inhabitants until they have the largest army in the history of Westeros. Unless, the wild fire caches are set off in a bloody preventive measure. If I had to guess, Jaime would be the one to do it, because he knows of their existence, and would have the will to do it.

So through Jaime's confession about the Mad King, about how he had wlidfire stacked in every part of King's Landing made me think that maybe through some misshap in the future, King's Landing will be burnt to ashes?

Yes, this has been discussed. It does seem to be a bit of a Chekhov's gun.

What im curious about is why Jaime thought it was a good idea to not tell anyone about the various stockpiles of extremely volatile explosives the mad king had distributed throughout the city, which is one of the big logic holes in the story for me that i cant find an answer for except that its going to have consequences later.

Perhaps there was no one he trusted with the information? Anyone with that knowledge could hold the city hostage single handed. Or perhaps I am attributing too much to Jaime's forethought. He was probably still super emo about his bad rep for killing Aerys.

Anyone entertain the idea that this could be the others' end game? They take KL, then blammo! Goodbye others

It is an intriguing ploy; leading them into King's Landing and then detonating the caches.

If I had to guess, Jaime would be the one to do it, because he knows of their existence, and would have the will to do it.

And then he would be reborn in the smoke to become Azor Ahai! But seriously it could be him, though I have always assumed it would be Cersei. Maybe she will go nuts after Robert Strong loses to the Gravedigger and ignite the fireworks.

Hold on. Jaime said Aerys placed caches of wildfire all over the city, including under Flea Bottom. Well in the riots in ACOK Flea Bottom was burning and the wildfire didn't go off, why not?

The fire just never got close enough, or burned hot enough? Hard to say.

I do wonder about a Dragon attack on KL. Seems mighty dangerous. If everything were to tie up nicely, perhaps the Others and the Dragons have a show down at KL and are both destroyed in a column of green flame. Fun times.

Why would Jaime consciously decide not to have the wildfire cleared out after he killed the mad king to stop him having the city destroyed, he knew all of their plans in great detail, and surely he knows how dangerous it is to just leave this stuff sitting around, even without someone waiting to set it off

Jaime never thought. The first time in ~35 years he ever thought was after he lost his hand, and he's only slowly learning that wondrous thing called "rational thought".

He's almost entirely instinct and emotional reaction.

Hold on. Jaime said Aerys placed caches of wildfire all over the city, including under Flea Bottom. Well in the riots in ACOK Flea Bottom was burning and the wildfire didn't go off, why not?

Luck. Most likely the fire never reached the cellar or wherever it was stored.

Archived