Dany and her Dragons, just a massive Red Herring?

RedShirt47

Bludgeon them with Tormund's member!

According to his posting it could knock the bloody wall down. Hey, maybe he'll get excited while he's there and that's how the wall falls. The oldest, strongest structure in the North destroyed by Tormund's manhood. :')

According to his posting it could knock the bloody wall down. Hey, maybe he'll get excited while he's there and that's how the wall falls. The oldest, strongest structure in the North destroyed by Tormund's manhood. :')

Tormund is AAR and his 'sword' is LB. ​Nisa Nisa was the bear. It is known.

..He said, 5 books later with no Dany in Westeros, or even close to being ready to go there.

It probably will happen, but I don't think it will be the massive deal everyone thinks it will be. It will likely be quite civil at first, with her arriving after Aegon already reigns in KL, but perhaps something goes wrong? Perhaps she heads north after hearing of the others and all the death their return promises, relinquishing her quest for power for the time being.

I suspect the bolded part of your statement is how it will be. I think Aegon and Daenerys might even marry but Aegon will betray her for Arianne.

The fact that she has dragons and Aegon doesn't causes problems with Aegon's legitimacy. She's a confirmed Targ. He's someone claiming to be a presumed dead prince.

Dany was introduced in book 1. Aegon was introduced in book 5. Do you really think he's the more important character?

He'll take the green one... The one named for his purported father.

It's a stretch to think we'd spend all this time in Essos with Dany only to have her ships sink and dragons drown before they make it west. GRRM likes to mess with our heads...but so far, it seems pretty likely to me that any denouement will revolve around Dany, Jon, Tyrion, and Sansa. With big roles for Jaime, Bran, Arya, Stannis, and the dire wolves. Sure, on that list its likely we'll get a death or two, but I seriously doubt we've spent all this time on Dany's arc only to have it fizzle. GRRM isn't that anti-traditional when it comes to writing; he's just adept at adding so much clutter and detail and surprise that it keeps one on one's toes. But Dany's plot armor seems pretty thick. She will get to Westeros and play a huge role in the end.

The fact that she has dragons and Aegon doesn't causes problems with Aegon's legitimacy. She's a confirmed Targ. He's someone claiming to be a presumed dead prince.

Dany was introduced in book 1. Aegon was introduced in book 5. Do you really think he's the more important character?

He's certainly accomplished far more than she has, I would say.

I think this is the big reason so many people refuse to accept Aegon as a legitimate Targ, really, the fact that he was JUST introduced to us. Devil you know and all

It's a stretch to think we'd spend all this time in Essos with Dany only to have her ships sink and dragons drown before they make it west. GRRM likes to mess with our heads...but so far, it seems pretty likely to me that any denouement will revolve around Dany, Jon, Tyrion, and Sansa. With big roles for Jaime, Bran, Arya, Stannis, and the dire wolves. Sure, on that list its likely we'll get a death or two, but I seriously doubt we've spent all this time on Dany's arc only to have it fizzle. GRRM isn't that anti-traditional when it comes to writing; he's just adept at adding so much clutter and detail and surprise that it keeps one on one's toes. But Dany's plot armor seems pretty thick. She will get to Westeros and play a huge role in the end.

Slaver's Bay is a bloody mess. Do you think Dany will just pack it in and head west, leaving behind the ruins of a once mighty civilization? There's more to ruling than being lucky enough to hatch some eggs and freeing slaves, that's the easy part. She knows that, that's why she hasn't left for Westeros as of yet... I think TWOW will see her fixing what she has done in Essos first, leaving behind a land of peace and stability - proof of her capabilities - before heading to Westeros

I hope Dany gets to Kings Landing and finds it relatively unguarded. She is about to sit on the Iron throne when Ageon comes knocking. Dany turns from the throne and goes to meet him. She gathers her men for battle outside the city but then a Raven reached her. Sam's Raven (hopefully he is back with Jon). It tells her of the impending defeat by the Wrights. She takes one last glace at the throne and sighs, she decides to march north and leave Kings Landing for Ageon because she realizes there are more important things than sitting on the iron throne. She meets the remainder of Westeros's forces on at the Trident and she then heads into battle against the wrights. She kills the other's army but dies in the process. She never set her but on the iron throne. She instead saved the realem and sacrificed herself and her dream of ruling to save the land.

IMO this would be bittersweet because after many trials Dany finally gets her shit together and gets the Iron throne but she chooses to save the realm instead of keeping it.

In the end, she deserved it but she died before she could sit on it.

note: She will probably do some bad stuff before she leaves Essos but by the time she leaves IMO she will have learned her lesson and know how to rule.

Slaver's Bay is a bloody mess. Do you think Dany will just pack it in and head west, leaving behind the ruins of a once mighty civilization? There's more to ruling than being lucky enough to hatch some eggs and freeing slaves, that's the easy part. She knows that, that's why she hasn't left for Westeros as of yet... I think TWOW will see her fixing what she has done in Essos first, leaving behind a land of peace and stability - proof of her capabilities - before heading to Westeros

Agreed...here's a question: whom will she name as regent when she departs? Does Tyrion get to rule Slaver's Bay? Does she instill democracy?

Agreed...here's a question: whom will she name as regent when she departs? Does Tyrion get to rule Slaver's Bay? Does she instill democracy?

I think she'll leave it in capable hands, but after the battle she learns the wise masters rose to power again, showing how one person can't change the world and there are no real heroes.

He's certainly accomplished far more than she has, I would say.

I think this is the big reason so many people refuse to accept Aegon as a legitimate Targ, really, the fact that he was JUST introduced to us. Devil you know and all

besides taking one castle (Storms End) how has he accomplished more than Daenerys who's conquered 3 cities, brought back dragons, and obtained an army for herself?

I don't think she's a red herring. I do believe that she'll play a major part in Westeros in the final book but I don't believe when the dust settles she'll be alive sitting on the Iron Throne. That would be too simple. I'd bet on her dying near the end of the series, along with Stannis (though he'll go first).

Archived