Song of Ice and Fire Characters You Can relate to

paramount

Brienne, mostly. I'm a 6'0 tall woman and got teased a lot for my appearance growing up. She tries and often succeeds in appearing confident, but her insecurity shows itself in her interactions with Jaime, like when he tries to be genuine or compliment her and Brienne believes he's making fun of her.

Also, Cersei. I know, hear me out. She's insane but feels a lot of conviction, and I sympathize with believing yourself to be just or a victim while actually you're the only reason for the downward spiral. We've all felt unjustly persecuted, and as I think Cersei believes herself to be.

Jaime - a bit arrogant.

Viserys - might speak before we think. Once I believe something is (my) right, I'll say it, even though it might be bad timing, and not that clever...

Stannis - having an older brother which everyone looks up to, and always being compared to him.

Edmure Tully - simple because I would have done the same thing as him (when not knowing all the sh*t we know now).

Arya - Accepting of life's harsh realities.

Samwell- Nerdiness

Tyrion- Sarcasm and love of history.

Jon- Occasionally self-pitying, but heart is in the right place.

The Hound- When I've drank too much.

Daenerys- Unrealistic Idealism and irrational wrath when slighted.

Sansa- Expecting life to be more like it is in songs and works of fiction.

Davos- Loyal and morally upright, though sometimes to the wrong people.

At some level, all of them. This may be a bad answer to OP in a way, but IMHO it's a relevant - the book is written with realistic characters, each complex and shaped by their genes, character, enviroinment and life experiences. I could imagine being born very rash, angry and full of testosterone, and being shaped by a shitty enviroinment to be a Euron Greyjoy, as much as it'd defy the very essence of my actual character.

Some of these responses are very illuminating. I can't help but wonder, though, if the responses would better reflect reality if posters answered for others instead of themselves.

You mean like asking from other posters to say who they believe that we *are*?

You mean like asking from other posters to say who they believe that we *are*?

Eh, I don't really have a horse in this race. I was suggesting that more sober assessments would result by not waxing poetic about one's self-perceived traits and character alignments.

Eh, I don't really have a horse in this race. I was suggesting that more sober assessments would result by not waxing poetic about one's self-perceived traits and character alignments.

I merely asked it because I thought that it would be a nice topic. :)

Magical topic, indeed. I guess I'll go first. JQC seems like she'd relate most to Axell Florent and her odd, often imaginary version of Cat.

Hmm, yeah, the magic of this topic starts to get a bit uncomfortable when we attempt to strive for honesty.

Ok, I'll try another. bumps seems like she most relates to Roose because they both share a great interest in skincare and well-made boots.

Some of these responses are very illuminating. I can't help but wonder, though, if the responses would better reflect reality if posters answered for others instead of themselves.

Ooooo! Someone do me! Someone do me!! :D

Littlefinger (his motivation and "origins", but I'm not that smart, nor that creepy/treacherous/selfish)

Theon (his conflict with himself, but I'm nowhere near as unfortunate).

Jon Snow (in general, but I guess I'm far less perfect)

Eddard Stark (if I was a better man)

Catelyn and Mel (in general, even though I am very different from both).

Jaime (his conflict with himself, his denial of who he really is, and other things that I'm not so sure about. but I am not as charming or handsome)

Stannis (his relations and attitude to other people, his ideals and how he follows them, him being conflicted about it. but I'm not as awesome)

Sansa (in general)

People are picking their favorite characters. :lol:

To answer the OP: Sansa. I was such a Sansa. Makes me cringe to think about it.

Archived