Theory on the others not being evil and how Jon will ally with them

Arya Stark Rules

What I like about this theory is that indeed links the death of the Starks to the return of the Others. I do believe that the presence of the Starks is needed for some ritual we haven't being told about and Rickard didn't have the time to explain to his heir (or maybe he knew but died anyway) and Ned never found out. of course, the Others don't know why the Stark in Winterfell hasn't done what he was meant to do.

Not to mention the part of the "oath" that decrees "there must be a Stark in Winterfell". You guys think that might have something to do with this?

There's no oath that I know of that mentions that. It's just something people say, like "a Lannister always pays his debts."

Sort of takes the wind out of the sails of Brandon the Builder, don't it?

And why would They throw a massive wall in place and then turn around and play house with us? That goes against their barrier's clear message of We Don't Wanna Play.

Weren't the wildlings always north of the wall, aren't they there now because they were trapped north of the wall at the time of its..... erection?

It makes more sense that a huge danger necessitated that huge wall. You don't build a wall like that as a preventative measure against possible dangers posed by man, or even looming dangers; that wall is an anti-armageddon construct that only gets built by those who've experienced a clear and present danger to their species. Did we threaten them in such a way? It's unlikely that the ice realm was threatened by fire at that time. Dragons were not reported being there, which leaves our small handheld fires or bonfires which wither in Their presence as Halfhand mentioned, so we couldn't carry any flame to Them that'd threaten their species' existence. It's more likely the huge danger responsible for the wall being build was when we figured out that They could turn us into Them. We were worried about the spontaneous repopulation of the world into creatures in Their image.

(Now as for why They haven't hit the wildlings with Otherization, I don't have all the answers. It does seem exceedingly odd to me that the Watch's babies are targetted to the point that they have to ban the fathering of kids while the wildlings (who are even more exposed) just go about their business unmolested!?!? What I'm thinking is the watchmen were targets because the Others had to find a way to trick the Watch into letting them past the Wall, so the nightswatchmen were seduced with the offer of Night King glory if only he'd do this and that for the Others. Meanwhile the wildlings had no tactical significance as they possessed nothing of value to the Others (except their babies apparently) so they aren't targeted to the same extent, merely harrassed and leisurely hunted from time to time. All they get offered is the chance to live if they offer up their kids ala Craster. I'm betting Craster is in no way alone---the wildlings actually haven't been getting away scott free all this time, either:

they lose soooo many babies "to the cold" that they've learned not to name the babies so they don't get totally attached to them...... because the Others have been constantly taking those lil' infants all along as a tax on the wildlings for living north of the wall. And the Watch was probably so adamant about no fathering of kids because if their willies were free to do as they pleased they'd probably be too tempted to get with the Others and be Night Kings---that's why they had to scratch that whole incident out of the historical record, so nobody has the recipe anymore to repeat this humanity-threatening experiment.

I suspect the lost Azor Ahai recipe turns you into a Firy Other as opposed to a Cold Other, and that Jon is capable of simultaneously surviving both procedures, yielding his vision of ice-body + firy sword,

but any such similar method of interacting with the magical world was probably burried for similar or identical reasons as the Night King recipe-----because woe tends to accompany the use of these magics. But great things can also come of them. Brandon the Builder probably had used an AA-adjacent magic recipe to become attuned with the Earth magics of the Children, and that's how he was able to do the impossible Wall project (with help from the Giants, who I'm guessing have their ear to the ground and can hear the Earth Magic whispers, so they were down to help.)

Sort of takes the wind out of the sails of Brandon the Builder, don't it?

And why would They throw a massive wall in place and then turn around and play house with us? That goes against their barrier's clear message of We Don't Wanna Play.

Weren't the wildlings always north of the wall, aren't they there now because they were trapped north of the wall at the time of its..... erection?

It makes more sense that a huge danger necessitated that huge wall. You don't build a wall like that as a preventative measure against possible dangers posed by man, or even looming dangers; that wall is an anti-armageddon construct that only gets built by those who've experienced a clear and present danger to their species. Did we threaten them in such a way? It's unlikely that the ice realm was threatened by fire at that time. Dragons were not reported being there, which leaves our small handheld fires or bonfires which wither in Their presence as Halfhand mentioned, so we couldn't carry any flame to Them that'd threaten their species' existence. It's more likely the huge danger responsible for the wall being build was when we figured out that They could turn us into Them. We were worried about the spontaneous repopulation of the world into creatures in Their image.

(Now as for why They haven't hit the wildlings with Otherization, I don't have all the answers. It does seem exceedingly odd to me that the Watch's babies are targetted to the point that they have to ban the fathering of kids while the wildlings (who are even more exposed) just go about their business unmolested!?!? What I'm thinking is the watchmen were targets because the Others had to find a way to trick the Watch into letting them past the Wall, so the nightswatchmen were seduced with the offer of Night King glory if only he'd do this and that for the Others. Meanwhile the wildlings had no tactical significance as they possessed nothing of value to the Others (except their babies apparently) so they aren't targeted to the same extent, merely harrassed and leisurely hunted from time to time. All they get offered is the chance to live if they offer up their kids ala Craster. I'm betting Craster is in no way alone---the wildlings actually haven't been getting away scott free all this time, either:

they lose soooo many babies "to the cold" that they've learned not to name the babies so they don't get totally attached to them...... because the Others have been constantly taking those lil' infants all along as a tax on the wildlings for living north of the wall. And the Watch was probably so adamant about no fathering of kids because if their willies were free to do as they pleased they'd probably be too tempted to get with the Others and be Night Kings---that's why they had to scratch that whole incident out of the historical record, so nobody has the recipe anymore to repeat this humanity-threatening experiment.

I suspect the lost Azor Ahai recipe turns you into a Firy Other as opposed to a Cold Other, and that Jon is capable of simultaneously surviving both procedures, yielding his vision of ice-body + firy sword,

but any such similar method of interacting with the magical world was probably burried for similar or identical reasons as the Night King recipe-----because woe tends to accompany the use of these magics. But great things can also come of them. Brandon the Builder probably had used an AA-adjacent magic recipe to become attuned with the Earth magics of the Children, and that's how he was able to do the impossible Wall project (with help from the Giants, who I'm guessing have their ear to the ground and can hear the Earth Magic whispers, so they were down to help.)

Such an elaborate fan fiction.

The original Others invasion began 8,000 years ago in Westoros. Dragons were first discovered 5,000 in continent of Essos. There is absolutely no historical connection between the Others and Dragons.

Such an elaborate fan fiction.

The original Others invasion began 8,000 years ago in Westoros. Dragons were first discovered 5,000 in continent of Essos. There is absolutely no historical connection between the Others and Dragons.

Correction: fan fiction is stories written by the fans and set in the original work's world or universe. This, on the other hand, is a theory. It is not a work of prose based on someone else's writing.

Correction: fan fiction is stories written by the fans and set in the original work's world or universe. This, on the other hand, is a theory. It is not a work of prose based on someone else's writing.

It's more of a fan fiction than a theory. OP is just adding made up stories after stories to support their largely unsubstantiated theory.

Hell, I could come up "THEORY" that Dragons are actually the Others.

To keep their your children away from evil First Men, the Others hid their kids in form of eggs in Valyria. When the world was safe for the Others again, the eggs were to be brought back to be hatched. But before that could happen, the eggs were discovered by Valyrians. Valyrians learned to hatch the eggs, but instead of hatching the Others, magic transformed them into Dragons.

So what this really means the ASOIF is really a story of family union. At the end Others will reunite with their kids (Dragons) after all these years.

Happy ending for all.

Archived