Character(s) you have started to like in 2014?

Ser Alliser Thorne

Oberyn Martell

(yes, it's because of the show, but they are both so badass in the show it's hard to not love them)

Didn't care about Thorne in the books, but really like him in the show as well. Oberyn I liked in either medium.

Didn't care about Thorne in the books, but really like him in the show as well. Oberyn I liked in either medium.

I was actually worried for him during the Battle of Castle Black, and when he got stabbed I was like "NOOOO!" Hopefully, we'll be seeing more of him.

Daven Lannister.

JonCon's a very cool dude, and he probably has one of the best hair in the series. Still, I wish that he would cut poor Harry some slack.

He's a badass. He's doing what others say they are going to do. And he's doing fine. Harry is nice too, he loves his elephants =(

BTW have you done the Tower of the Hand top 20 character list? I'm just saying because I want Edmure to be high on the list (and actually on the list).

Which character list was that? I'm all for putting Edmure on the radar.

He's a badass. He's doing what others say they are going to do. And he's doing fine. Harry is nice too, he loves his elephants =(

Jon Connington was one of my favorite characters in the last books. I also love me some important Stormlanders.

Yes he's my favorite Tully, and actually my seventh favorite character of the whole series. He's also for me the most relatable character.

Yep, he's the best Tully for me as well (I'm quite indifferent to the Blackfish)

And I gotta add: in my re-read of D&E I loved Daemon II. He showed me true light and now I support the black dragons

The whole Tyrell brood. I didn't pay much attention to them when I first read the series, but on my way through the second time, I really got attached to Loras (I can't help it; he and Jaime are great foils for one another and his continued devotion to Renly breaks my heart), then Willas, then the entire Highgarden posse. I just have fun imagining what a harrowing time Mace and Alerie and their household attendants must have had trying to reign in Garlan, Loras and Margaery.

Archived