On a scale of Ned to Patchface.....

OberynBlackfyre

Forgot where I read it but the actors are only contracted for 8 seasons. Re doing contracts is possible but not probable, what's more probable is an extended final season like they did with the sopranos

I'm at Bronn, enjoying the wait with some ale. I'm pumped for the world of ice and fire honestly, that'll sate the thirst for a while

exactly. Plus they had to go all CGI with Leaf using some crazy fire magic when she really used a torch in the books but you can't put in a subtle magic thing like the Black Gate?????

Not to mention the fact that soo many people take that as confirmation of Jojens death, and that there is an existing Night King for the others, and that the Lannisters had a beetle crushing cousin and all that crazy nonsense

If she was, then I'd say that's really fucked up and a little insulting to a fan base like this. UNless they use another actress to play Stoneheart, which is originally what I thought they would do......

but given the misses of this season, I think there will only be more misses.

in her interview, didnt she specifically use phrases like, "oh no my character is dead." "no my character wont make another appearance."

like specifically eluding to, and including, that she wouldnt be playing the role of Catelyn Stark (implied).

People are saying Lady Stoneheart, is a separate entity/character, and thus, she technically wasnt lying.

Forgot where I read it but the actors are only contracted for 8 seasons. Re doing contracts is possible but not probable, what's more probable is an extended final season like they did with the sopranos

I'm at Bronn, enjoying the wait with some ale. I'm pumped for the world of ice and fire honestly, that'll sate the thirst for a while

wow Bronn is actually a great state of mind to be at1 And I agree that The World of Ice and Fire will sate some of the hunger....but it just makes me fear how long GRRM is going to ride the coat tails of that book. I think I know his mind....and when things get too heated or before too long he always gives out some sort of leak, whether it be a sample chapter, a new novella, and now TWOIAF

edit: it's not unheard of for the lengthening of contracts. However I think there was even a talk about a motion picture for the last season or so....and Im honestly all for that.

in her interview, didnt she specifically use phrases like, "oh no my character is dead." "no my character wont make another appearance."

like specifically eluding to, and including, that she wouldnt be playing the role of Catelyn Stark (implied).

People are saying Lady Stoneheart, is a separate entity/character, and thus, she technically wasnt lying.

No she bluntly states "oh yeah no. She's dead, sadly" and then I think comments on her agreement for the director not putting SH within the finale.

However, I have NOT heard D&D say that she is not on the show at all. sooo I say there is hope until next season

No she bluntly states "oh yeah no. She's dead, sadly" and then I think comments on her agreement for the director not putting SH within the finale.

However, I have NOT heard D&D say that she is not on the show at all. sooo I say there is hope until next season

Think of it, advertising wise (the "previously on" game of thrones opening)

If she was to debut on finale, theyd need to include in the previously on, the scene fromt he wedding, sansa saying "they killed my mother," etc. it'd be blatantly obvious.

however

if thyey save it for season 5 opening, a season opener can blatantly recap the whole series at that point, which would include her getting her throat gashed, and no one would bat an eye, but remember everything thus far.

would make an even bigger reveal, in my opinion.

the ending cliffhanger for s5e01, a frey being hanged, and the cloaked womanjust BARELY turning her head toward the camera........credits.

Think of it, advertising wise (the "previously on" game of thrones opening)

If she was to debut on finale, theyd need to include in the previously on, the scene fromt he wedding, sansa saying "they killed my mother," etc. it'd be blatantly obvious.

however

if thyey save it for season 5 opening, a season opener can blatantly recap the whole series at that point, which would include her getting her throat gashed, and no one would bat an eye, but remember everything thus far.

would make an even bigger reveal, in my opinion.

the ending cliffhanger for s5e01, a frey being hanged, and the cloaked womanjust BARELY turning her head toward the camera........credits.

I agree with you on that, but idk. The reveal of UnCat at the end of book 3 is kind of what made the whole book come full circle. And make us also get excited that we see someone from the Starks literally have no mercy and become a real monster.

If they introduce her at all, I feel like it won't be until Brienne finally meets with her after the Gallows Inn......it's just been the MO of D/D to not worry about characters like Catelyn and such. They obviously LOVE Tyrion, Arya, Jon, and Dany. Whcih is funny because those happen to be 3/4 of my fav characters as well. BUT the way they take the minor story lines is just........just wow.

I to remember reading or watching a small special on youtube about how there is 3 seasons left. Look at all HBO series.

7seasons.

if they are sticking to ONLY HAVING 7 SEASONS no matter what, then they should never have started a series that went unfinished.

if they are sticking to ONLY HAVING 7 SEASONS no matter what, then they should never have started a series that went unfinished.

I'm not getting your argument. They want to do 7 seasons and will more than likely only have 7 seasons. What difference does it make if the book series is unfinished to them? They have the notes for the last two books, they know how everything ends and where everyone ends up. If they think 7 seasons is the best format for their version of the entire story, then that is their call. They aren't going to spend the next three seasons on 2 books that, at most, has about one and a half seasons worth of good material, when they still have to adapt two books after that. They aren't going to draw out what's written so far into 7 seasons and then just quit the series. They are going to finish the entire thing, whether the books are done or not.

I'm not getting your argument. They want to do 7 seasons and will more than likely only have 7 seasons. What difference does it make if the book series is unfinished to them? They have the notes for the last two books, they know how everything ends and where everyone ends up. If they think 7 seasons is the best format for their version of the entire story, then that is their call. They aren't going to spend the next three seasons on 2 books that, at most, has about one and a half seasons worth of good material, when they still have to adapt two books after that. They aren't going to draw out what's written so far into 7 seasons and then just quit the series. They are going to finish the entire thing, whether the books are done or not.

but that means they are going to rush through books that are as long as the boo they covered in two seasons?? (book 3). I know they somewhat know the broad strokes of where the story will go, but to rush it that much, and therefore have to cut out that much would be a complete mockery of the series. I don't think even GRRM would allow that. I mean they've took out a couple things, but they have still stayed mostly true to the major parts. I mean Daenerys is still in Mereen and has a lot more to face there. Which also means that after next season, they would have to cover: the battle of mereen, the battle for winterfell, the coming of Dany to Westeros, The Whitewalkers, Jon dying and coming back to life, the reveal of Jons parents, etc. All in two seasons.......makes zero sense.

I'm at about a Dany - I think I'm okay with it, I'm saying the right things, I'm pretending to be patient for the moment, etc. But there are signs that I may actually be crazy - I'll let loose a sarcastic comment about GRRM's writing pace, make dramatic declarations about how I refuse to read the dunk and egg tales/ other side projects on principle, and spend way too much time hallucinating (fantasizing) about what ifs in the world of ASOIAF. I tend to date the 'wrong/bad girl' type, who have never heard of ASOIAF/ don't even watch GoT, just as a diversion so I can ignore the day to day tedium of waiting for the next book.

If 2017 rolls around, and there's no sign of winter (long period without a main story ASOIAF novel) ending, my inner crazy may start to manifest itself.

Heavy is the head that wears the floppy ears.

MJ: I gather that Game of Thrones could last eight or nine seasons. Does that mean putting novel writing on hold for a decade?

B&W: Yes, if we live that long and HBO keeps wanting to make the show. We have the opportunity here to tell a coherent story that lasts for 80 hours. And while a canvas of that size presents all sorts of storytelling problems, it also allows us to spend more time with these characters we love than we’ll ever get again. Every once in a while we get five minutes to think about thinking about novels. But mostly we’re just happy when we get to read one now and again.

^^^ this is proof that it could at least go on for 8, possibly 9 seasons.

I'm at about a Dany - I think I'm okay with it, I'm saying the right things, I'm pretending to be patient for the moment, etc. But there are signs that I may actually be crazy - I'll let loose a sarcastic comment about GRRM's writing pace, make dramatic declarations about how I refuse to read the dunk and egg tales/ other side projects on principle, and spend way too much time hallucinating (fantasizing) about what ifs in the world of ASOIAF. I tend to date the 'wrong/bad girl' type, who have never heard of ASOIAF/ don't even watch GoT, just as a diversion so I can ignore the day to day tedium of waiting for the next book.

If 2017 rolls around, and there's no sign of winter (long period without a main story ASOIAF novel) ending, my inner crazy may start to manifest itself.

Heavy is the head that wears the floppy ears.

im with you on this one. I mean I'm cool with waiting a couple years....and I've waited a couple years. I'd say if there if no at least projected "hey guys almost finished" by the end of 2015, Ill probably have an outrageous meltdown, to which I will become Reek level, however I will eventually revert to Theon. Ill have split personalities on the subject depending on my recent state of mind.

but that means they are going to rush through books that are as long as the boo they covered in two seasons?? (book 3). I know they somewhat know the broad strokes of where the story will go, but to rush it that much, and therefore have to cut out that much would be a complete mockery of the series. I don't think even GRRM would allow that. I mean they've took out a couple things, but they have still stayed mostly true to the major parts. I mean Daenerys is still in Mereen and has a lot more to face there. Which also means that after next season, they would have to cover: the battle of mereen, the battle for winterfell, the coming of Dany to Westeros, The Whitewalkers, Jon dying and coming back to life, the reveal of Jons parents, etc. All in two seasons.......makes zero sense.

Length means nothing in terms of what makes for good television. Just because ASoS was one book that covered nearly 2 seasons doesn't mean that the next two books have enough material to cover 2 seasons- because they don't. Dany has to deal with marriage, prophecies and the Sons of the Harpy before taking off to meet up with the Dothraki. That's really not a lot of material. Sansa and Bran are essentially at the end of their published material already. Tyrion doesn't have a lot to do other than wander around getting sold and whatnot. Really, the storyline that is furtherest behind is the Wall storyline, which will probably have more prominence next season as they focus on Jon's ascension to LC and his negotiations with the Wildlings and Stannis. Brienne only has to meet up with the BWB, because I seriously doubt they are going to show her wandering around talking to everybody and their brother for no reason whatsoever. That just leaves Jaime and Bronn going to Dorne, which we know will be different already since they are combining the two arcs. I would be shocked to see Quentyn's Darwin Award-winning storyline, so I bet that gets dropped.

I see no reason why what I wrote above should take more than a season and a half, at most. We will probably start to see TWoW storyline bleeding into it, too, since as I said, some characters are nearly at the end of their known arcs. But there isn't three seasons worth of quality tv material in those two books.

They've never once said that they were thinking of 9 seasons of the show, though. Ever. That was the interviewer asking that. They have toyed around with the idea of maybe 8 seasons of the show, but it really seems like, at the moment, the plan is 7 unless they see the absolute need for an 8th season. That still doesn't mean they would spend 3 seasons on the next two books, even if they went with 8 seasons.

Length means nothing in terms of what makes for good television. Just because ASoS was one book that covered nearly 2 seasons doesn't mean that the next two books have enough material to cover 2 seasons- because they don't. Dany has to deal with marriage, prophecies and the Sons of the Harpy before taking off to meet up with the Dothraki. That's really not a lot of material. Sansa and Bran are essentially at the end of their published material already. Tyrion doesn't have a lot to do other than wander around getting sold and whatnot. Really, the storyline that is furtherest behind is the Wall storyline, which will probably have more prominence next season as they focus on Jon's ascension to LC and his negotiations with the Wildlings and Stannis. Brienne only has to meet up with the BWB, because I seriously doubt they are going to show her wandering around talking to everybody and their brother for no reason whatsoever. That just leaves Jaime and Bronn going to Dorne, which we know will be different already since they are combining the two arcs. I would be shocked to see Quentyn's Darwin Award-winning storyline, so I bet that gets dropped.

I see no reason why what I wrote above should take more than a season and a half, at most. We will probably start to see TWoW storyline bleeding into it, too, since as I said, some characters are nearly at the end of their known arcs. But there isn't three seasons worth of quality tv material in those two books.

They've never once said that they were thinking of 9 seasons of the show, though. Ever. That was the interviewer asking that. They have toyed around with the idea of maybe 8 seasons of the show, but it really seems like, at the moment, the plan is 7 unless they see the absolute need for an 8th season. That still doesn't mean they would spend 3 seasons on the next two books, even if they went with 8 seasons.

as the thread isn't about the TV show, I'll have to agree to disagree. But everything i've been reading is projecting that it's going to take more than 7 seasons, or even 7 seasons and a couple movies, to achieve.

http://nypost.com/2014/06/14/thrones-end-game-uncertain-as-show-catches-up-to-series/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/21/game-of-thrones-season-5_n_5008287.html

haha I don't agree that Rhaegar is that level crazy....thats more like Vylaars brother in Dunk and Egg lol

No, not Rhaegar. Rhaegel. He was actually Valarr's uncle. Baelor Breakspear was the oldest son of King Daeron II. After him was Aerys, then Rhaegel, and Maekar was the youngest. Interestingly, crazy Rhaegel managed to produce twins.

Yea, I'm done watching the show after seeing the Jojen episode this season. I'm more upset because all of the side plot deviations they are making up are useless and not well done at all. But when the spoilers start rolling in soon I would definitely stop watching.

What's great is that my brother who was an unsullied up until last season has poured himself into the books and now feels the same way with regards to the useless deviations the show has done, espeacially butchering the Jaimie Tyrion Tywin whore thing. Personally though I'm at a LS level, and I will have my vengeance upon show watchers by spoiling the hell out of them until GRRM gives us TWOW. If he could give us at least a page number of what he's written I think that would calm us all, unless he hasn't written ANY new wow material then I would go full on Aerys and burn down every Barnes and Nobles lol

as the thread isn't about the TV show, I'll have to agree to disagree. But everything i've been reading is projecting that it's going to take more than 7 seasons, or even 7 seasons and a couple movies, to achieve.

http://nypost.com/2014/06/14/thrones-end-game-uncertain-as-show-catches-up-to-series/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/21/game-of-thrones-season-5_n_5008287.html

Neither of those have the writers of the show saying they are going to make more seasons, movies or anything else. That is all speculation by people who think that they should either slow down and let the books catch up or end the show by making movies...both of which are things that the showrunners themselves have not thrown out there as possibilities.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/03/11/game-of-thrones-7-seasons/

And actually, both say that they are firmer on the 7-season plan than they were before season 4:

“I would say it’s the goal we’ve had from the beginning,” Benioff says. “It was our unstated goal, because to start on a show and say your goal is seven seasons is the height of lunacy. Once we got to the point where we felt like we’re going to be able to tell this tale to its conclusion, that became [an even clearer] goal. Seven gods, seven kingdoms, seven seasons. It feels right to us.”

Archived