On a scale of Ned to Patchface.....

OberynBlackfyre

It's been stayed that the show will end before the last book is released. But GRRM said they may adapt the novellas as well, tho i hardy see that happening.

Yeah, I think that's wishful thinking on his part. He let the show get ahead of him and now he's trying to think of ways that they could stall it so he can catch up. However, the show is a juggernaut now and nothing is going to stop it.

Am I the only one who would like the show to overtake the books and who is loving all of the little changes? The way I see it is: D&D are preparing themselves for major deviations down the road, like, ditching 80% of WoW and DoS. I'm quite comfortable with the idea that the ending of the novels will be unfilmable, and that they're going to rethink things almost completely. Might we learn about some things earlier (R+L=J etc etc etc)? Sure (why not?) but as somebody who knows the books and the major theories I know it won't interfere with my own enjoyment. Maybe I'm being a little solipsistic, but it doesn't seem that big a deal.

Am I the only one who would like the show to overtake the books and who is loving all of the little changes? The way I see it is: D&D are preparing themselves for major deviations down the road, like, ditching 80% of WoW and DoS. I'm quite comfortable with the idea that the ending of the novels will be unfilmable, and that they're going to rethink things almost completely. Might we learn about some things earlier (R+L=J etc etc etc)? Sure (why not?) but as somebody who knows the books and the major theories I know it won't interfere with my own enjoyment. Maybe I'm being a little solipsistic, but it doesn't seem that big a deal.

Yea, you might be the only one.... The side stories are badly written and executed(see Yara rescue attempt on Theon) and generally just filler material. Also, when they spend almost entire episodes on filler then maybe they should reconsider the omissions they have made from the books or go into more detail on other things. Maybe I'm just a purist, but I actually laugh out loud at how bad a lot of the alterations are.

Not at all. I like what they are doing in the show.

Baelor the Blessed. 2015-2016, I don't know why it takes him so long.

I think if the show passes the books, it's like 50/50 at best that GRRM finishes them.

I'm also genuinely worried about this but believe it could be possible too. He finished the first ones so fast that it means he definitely has the capability to do it. I get the impression he just can't be bothered.

I'd rate most people a solid Lady Stoneheart. I honestly think someone somewhere has wished death on every major and most minor characters in the books. If everyone gets their wish granted, there won't be a need for a seventh book.

I guess Benjen just cuz i dont really know. Ive been reading the books for about 5 years now and I dont think i have picked up another book since. All I do is reread and look for now books like D&E, TP&TQ, and cant wait to read TRP. I really feel like I learn something new each day. All that said I cant wait for Winds, but for sure I will not be holding my breath.

Well, I guess I'm a Ned on this scale. I don't stay obsessed about any one thing for very long before moving onto something else. There's been more than once where I finally got bored waiting for a series to finish and found something else. Sometimes I've gone back to see how it ended out of curiosity, but I would rather find something new and interesting to delve into...be it books, tv shows, hobbies, languages, gardening, art, housework, projects, travel, etc. Now that the season is over and there isn't any release date of the next book in sight, I will probably linger on this for a little bit and then do something.

yeah, all of the everyone is alive, someone else and secret targs theories are all we have now

yeah i heard this crazy bran theory last week that i just couldnt stop reading ;)

Archived