NBA Offseason: What's Love Got To Do With It

Rhom

All this shenanigan with Wiggins/Love between the Cavs and the T'Wolves can only mean one thing. Both teams' front-offices realize that they are incapable of making the decision (or any smart decision). So they are crowdsourcing it. This is the new way of managing a team in the Internet era. Leak a potential deal that you are considering. Let the people make all the arguments. You just seat back and relax and let the real experts make the decision for you. I am sure both the GMs and their cronies are right now lurking this forum. My only worry is they may not be smart enough to know which side to choose :)

All this shenanigan with Wiggins/Love between the Cavs and the T'Wolves can only mean one thing. Both teams' front-offices realize that they are incapable of making the decision (or any smart decision). So they are crowdsourcing it. This is the new way of managing a team in the Internet era. Leak a potential deal that you are considering. Let the people make all the arguments. You just seat back and relax and let the real experts make the decision for you. I am sure both the GMs and their cronies are right now lurking this forum. My only worry is they may not be smart enough to know which side to choose :)

I heard the Browns should trade back a #1 pick for Trent Richardson...

Um so trading a 1st rounder for a backup running back is a good move? Here are his stats for 2013-2014:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14884/trent-richardson

4 combined TDs, 700 total yards, 2.9 YPC, 2 fumbles. That's worth a first round pick? For a backup? Hell no!

Um so trading a 1st rounder for a backup running back is a good move? Here are his stats for 2013-2014:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14884/trent-richardson

4 combined TDs, 700 total yards, 2.9 YPC, 2 fumbles. That's worth a first round pick? For a backup? Hell no!

They are calling you Captain Obvious. Pretty much everyone agrees that Indy got fleeced in that trade.

Been seeing the comments from James Harden and Dwight Howard about losing Chandler Parsons:

“It won’t affect us at all,” Howard said Friday of Parsons signing a three-year, $45-million deal with the Dallas Mavericks. …

“We have myself and James,” Howard said. “We have the best center and the best two guard in the game on the same team. It’s on us.”

“Dwight (Howard) and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets,” said Harden. “The rest of the guys are role players or pieces that complete our team. We’ve lost some pieces and added some pieces. I think we’ll be fine next season.

I get they're not going to say it's the end of the world but I think it's a bit of a window into their attitudes. a ) Haven't they watched the last two finals? They completely swung on the abilities (or lack thereof) of the roleplayers. b )Do these sound like two stars you'd want to play with if you were a free agent?

Been seeing the comments from James Harden and Dwight Howard about losing Chandler Parsons:

I get they're not going to say it's the end of the world but I think it's a bit of a window into their attitudes. a) Haven't they watched the last two finals? They completely swung on the abilities (or lack thereof) of the roleplayers. B) Do these sound like two stars you'd want to play with if you were a free agent?

They come off pretty bad there. In addition, I'm just really not on board with star players who can't play defense. Can anyone think of a championship team where one of the top 2 players was a defensive liability? I'm sure it has happened, but I really can't come up with an example off the top of my head. Mmmaybe Jason Kidd in 2011, although I think you're being too generous to put him ahead of either Chandler or Marion. If not that, then you have to go a long long way back.

They come off pretty bad there. In addition, I'm just really not on board with star players who can't play defense. Can anyone think of a championship team where one of the top 2 players was a defensive liability? I'm sure it has happened, but I really can't come up with an example off the top of my head. Mmmaybe Jason Kidd in 2011, although I think you're being too generous to put him ahead of either Chandler or Marion. If not that, then you have to go a long long way back.

Yeah my take is you see a bit of James Harden's attitude in his comments and it reflects in the way he plays. He doesn't play defense because those are the "little things" like role players and defense that don't matter so long as you have two superduperstars putting up 30 a night.

I think incidentally it's a big reason why stars simply don't win titles until they're 7-8 years in the league. It takes that long for the lightbulb to go on almost across the board. And for Dwight Howard I'm not sure it ever goes on.

Archived