Season 5 casting - v. 4 [Spoilers]

Arkash

So one of the first leaks for season 5 was about a location for the Kingsmoot, which indicated the casting of at least one Greyjoy uncle. Have there been any new leaks about Kingsmoots or Greyjoy uncles? Is it time to re-calibrate for a season that doesn't have Greyjoy uncles?

Not yet.

Look up "game of thrones filming" or "game of thrones toome" in twitter search, Coldhands the Just, and there are some pictures of that same blue boat on a tributary of the River Bann. Maybe there'll be some set pics of this filming released tomorrow.

So maybe that brothel IS in a town on the Rhoyne and after Jorah abducts Tyrion they row their way to Volantis?

Sue the Fury on wotw seemed sure it was a Volantene brothel and she's read the exact wordings of the casting breakdowns. I think it is Volantis they'll meet in. For all we know they're just reusing the same blue boat but it's meant to be a different one. Or they're altering the geography of Essos to some degree. Or Tyrion travels with other people in it and Jorah steals the boat when he steals him.

BTW if we get set pics tomorrow from their Rhoyne shooting, we may finally be able to know whether or not we get the Griffs.

So maybe that brothel IS in a town on the Rhoyne and after Jorah abducts Tyrion they row their way to Volantis?

It seems pretty clear that Jorah is part of the Griffin's crew which doesn't mean Jorah doesn't hijack Tyrion from a brothel to drag him to Mereen. It makes more sense since Varys was the person Jorah reported to and Varys is on the way with Tyrion to Pentos.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=106829

...or they r skipping Griffins story altogether. Which would suck.

Maybe but last week they were filming out on the open water instead of on a river. And if the brothel scene is in, which we know now it is, then we can assume that they will meet in the same manner as in ADWD. If they meet in Volantis it makes sense that they would take a smaller boat out to their ship, hence filming on the coast for that scene.

It seems pretty clear that Jorah is part of the Griffin's crew which doesn't mean Jorah doesn't hijack Tyrion from a brothel to drag him to Mereen. It makes more sense since Varys was the person Jorah reported to and Varys is on the way with Tyrion to Pentos.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=106829

...or they r skipping Griffins story altogether. Which would suck.

I don't see Jorah and Tyrion deciding to go to a brothel together. So they have to meet at the brothel, pretty much.

Sue the Fury on wotw seemed sure it was a Volantene brothel and she's read the exact wordings of the casting breakdowns. I think it is Volantis they'll meet in. For all we know they're just reusing the same blue boat but it's meant to be a different one. Or they're altering the geography of Essos to some degree. Or Tyrion travels with other people in it and Jorah steals the boat when he steals him.

BTW if we get set pics tomorrow from their Rhoyne shooting, we may finally be able to know whether or not we get the Griffs.

Only two people can realistically fit on that boat. Maybe three. But Aegon can't be alone after Tyrion and Jorah take off with his boat (which sounds pretty unlikely, anyway). So I'd say this filming is unrelated to Aegon. I can see it being a brothel outside Volantis, and that they're still a bit up the Rhoyne.

EDIT: Actually, looking at this: http://watchersonthewall.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/tumblr_nb0psuUfeo1scywjto3_1280.jpg

The boat is much bigger than I thought. Could hold 4 or 5 people. But again, I don't see Jorah stealing the boat as likely. Maybe all the boats in that region look the same? Or could they give that boat a paint job on location when they start doing Rhoyne scenes?

There's a more recent picture on twitter by Amanda Steede the lady who alerted Sue the Fury about the filming on the river showing a few red-painted boats near a bridge. From from the distance they're seen at it's hard to tell whether they are to do with production or are just passersby a-rowing about. It is also very possible that the boat taken south over the Rhoyne and the one taking Tyrion and Jorah to their ship from Volantis look alike.

^If that's what they're shooting tomorrow, let's hope we get some awesome set pics.

I guess they could do that scene even without Aegon, if it's just Tyrion and Jorah. But I still don't see those too deciding to go to a brothel together. "Hey bro, let's go fuck some bitches?" Can't see Jorah saying that. If anything, he'd be ashamed of going to the brothel.

EDIT: And, hey. Yesterday's tomorrow is today. So I expect they'll start filming in the next few hours (unless it's a night shoot).

Well, time to scout twitter then. ^^

Or comments around, easier.

I'm trying to determine what storylines really need a river... we dont really know if they'll shoot on the water or just have it in background, but if there's a boat journey involved, where could it really happen ?

- Possibly something Riverlands related but with Jaime in Dorne and Brienne in the Vale, I dont see where else could it fit... unless the Brotherhood is back this season.

- North maybe ? Stannis march ? I doubt it. Some Northern Lords on the road ? Doubt it either. Deepwood Motte ? Who knows but that'd delight me.

So yeah, if there's a boat journey on the river, I dont see where else than in Tyrion's storyline it would be truly necessary.

Well, time to scout twitter then. ^^

Or comments around, easier.

I'm trying to determine what storylines really need a river... we dont really know if they'll shoot on the water or just have it in background, but if there's a boat journey involved, where could it really happen ?

- Possibly something Riverlands related but with Jaime in Dorne and Brienne in the Vale, I dont see where else could it fit... unless the Brotherhood is back this season.

- North maybe ? Stannis march ? I doubt it. Some Northern Lords on the road ? Doubt it either. Deepwood Motte ? Who knows but that'd delight me.

So yeah, if there's a boat journey on the river, I dont see where else than in Tyrion's storyline it would be truly necessary.

It has to be Tyrion. It's the same boat, too.

I bet it is as well.

But if it ever turns out to be something North related (Deepwood Motte !!) and we get some pictures of that, it'd be amazing.

I'm still not a hundred percent sure to take the Telltale game focusing on Deepwood Motte as proof that these events will be in the show as well, but I really want to believe it. If ever, they'll probably shoot this later down this autumn, but I cant wait to get peeks at that !

I bet it is as well.

But if it ever turns out to be something North related (Deepwood Motte !!) and we get some pictures of that, it'd be amazing.

I'm still not a hundred percent sure to take the Telltale game focusing on Deepwood Motte as proof that these events will be in the show as well, but I really want to believe it. If ever, they'll probably shoot this later down this autumn, but I cant wait to get peeks at that !

For all we know, the battle scene moved out of Iceland could be Deepwood Motte. I really hope that we get both the battle in Deepwood and outside Winterfell in the season 5...

Well, in any case I cant see the battle of Deepwood Motte ending up as a climax of the season. It's not enough of a punching moment to be among the last three episodes.

I can see it happening around episode 6 or 7, but then, there'll need to be a bigger resolution to this arc and I cant see something else than either the Battle of Winterfell or at least some big setting up for it next season.

Actually, what I'd like to see for Deepwood Motte is not really a battle but more politcal struggling among Stannis army. Inject the Mountain clans, the Kraken daughter (who I see more as trying to cooperate with Stannis than oppose him) and (I hope) some Queen's Men and you can have some great moments on this front without necessarlily ending up in a bloodshed.

If there's a battle, focuse all this energy and budget to the Winterfell one and use the Deepwood Motte moments to delve into allegiances in the North.

I find it so weird that they're postponing so much ADwD stuff to season 6. Does nothing happen in TWoW and ADoS ? (That is, assuming the info is legit).

Something that should be done more often.

I don't see this as weird at all. To cram 2 books into 1 season is asking for trouble particularly as GRRM is still working on the next and, supposedly, final books. GRRM has stated both the next books will be long. (1500+ pages.) Taking into consideration that GRRM has moved up a bracket, from simple writer to celebrity writer, he's admitted his whole life-style has change.

I can appreciate what GRRM's had to deal with because it happened to a friend of mine. One day he was a guy working in a factory, the next (given a few years) he's a known name and face on TV. A few years further on, it's gone up another level.

This intersects with the show too, curiously enough.

Archived