Season 5 casting - v. 4 [Spoilers]

Arkash

Cool about Arya and Trant. Cersei might send Trant because she wants him to spy on Mace, or possibly she wants him to kill Mace on the way back, or maybe she wanted to get Trant out of town because he killed a High Septon for her. If that happens sometime in the middle of the season, Mace should be able to get back to Kings Landing in the last episode to help deal with the mess there.

I agree that the show doesn’t really need an external threat to Mereen. The whole thing is going to peter out after Dany abandons the city, anyway. And there are be plenty of reasons for Dany to freak out and leave, even without the external threat.

Maybe the Sons of the Harpy had planned to poison Dany at the Pits and then take back the city with help from mercenaries. When Dany flies away instead of dying of poison, the Sons of the Harpy still trigger their attack. We see some scenes of street fighting, somehow the dragons get out, and then cut to aftermath.

Not sure how Tyrion fits in. Somehow he ends up in Yezzan’s service and then somehow he ends up in the fighting pit (Dany saving Tyrion seems like a scene the show would hate to cut) and then he escapes with Jorah and joins a group of mercenaries in the chaos. Maybe Tyrion and Jorah are just bought to be fodder for the fighting pit (so Tyrion is only near Mereen for a couple of days before the pit and his escape)?

Please, please, let us see the Hand of the King chair...

Regarding Olyvar; I never thought about the Blue Bard before. I suppose if he is having sex with Loras, Cersei could put 2 and 2 together and get 5, think he is actually sleeping with Marg

If she has the same mindset as AFFC Cersei, she may decide he's been having threesomes with Loras and Marg.

It's funny because it was Olyvar's info that led to her being betrothed to Loras in the first place.

BTW, they're shooting more riverboat stuff tomorrow in the same blue boat we saw Jorah and Tyrion in last week. Instead of the open water, they're filming on what looks to be their Rhoyne stand-in.

I guess Mace could return to King's Landing to seize control of the city after Cersei's arrest, but if he's busy i Braavos, I wouldn't be surprised if the Queen of Thorns did that instead. She's set up as a bigger player than her son.

First things first:

Regarding this Patchface guy, I don't believe anyone who says they have production details unless they've got their name on the GoT credits. I certainly don't believe anybody who names himself after a fool.

I don't think so. If it is, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Lots of interesting new set pics here: http://www.tportal.hr/showtime/tv/348627/Kastel-Gomilica-vrvi-slavnima-zbog-Igre-prijestolja.html

Including a look at Maisie in a new costume, but more interestingly a couple of other notable visitors to Braavos.

Love those pics! I hope Arya will cross Trant of her list. Nothing against his actor, but everytime I see his character on screen, I just want to punch him.

My best guess is that this whole sequence of events will be moved up, and Arya’s murder of Meryn Trant will replace her murder of Daeron as the event which prompts Jaqen/The Kindly Man to give her the bitter milk, causing her to go blind. Unlike some, I don’t think that Arya going blind will be her season-ending event. I still think that will be her first “official” assignment to assassinate the ship insurance salesman (who I think is the most likely identity for the 'shrewd man with financial cunning' that the show is reportedly looking to cast). Still, this is very exciting. Another name crossed off of Arya’s list!

I agree, although using him as a replacement for Dareon would make me a little sad. Arya killing because someone betrayed her 'brother' was such a beautiful, heartwarmingly creepy moment.

From what I remember he was caught with a lords daughter and forced to take the black and was called a rapist by said lord. Not a rapist but called out as one and therefore screwed over, forced to join something he didn't want to for something he didn't do, given the opportunity to escape and have a bit of a life again and then murdered.

I won't say he was a "good' guy because he was happy to squandour the NW money on himself but did he deserve to be murdered by our favourite 11 y old?

So one of the first leaks for season 5 was about a location for the Kingsmoot, which indicated the casting of at least one Greyjoy uncle. Have there been any new leaks about Kingsmoots or Greyjoy uncles? Is it time to re-calibrate for a season that doesn't have Greyjoy uncles?

From what I remember he was caught with a lords daughter and forced to take the black and was called a rapist by said lord. Not a rapist but called out as one and therefore screwed over, forced to join something he didn't want to for something he didn't do, given the opportunity to escape and have a bit of a life again and then murdered.

I won't say he was a "good' guy because he was happy to squandour the NW money on himself but did he deserve to be murdered by our favourite 11 y old?

He didn't squander NW money, he used what he earned with his.singing. Sam spent the NW's money on the big room amd the man to help Maestrr Aemon

So one of the first leaks for season 5 was about a location for the Kingsmoot, which indicated the casting of at least one Greyjoy uncle. Have there been any new leaks about Kingsmoots or Greyjoy uncles? Is it time to re-calibrate for a season that doesn't have Greyjoy uncles?

No news as yet, I guess we just need to wait. If we get no news of a Greyjoy uncle being cast by say Nov then I would get worried. Some say they could get postponed to s6, but I cant see that as what is Yara meant to do?Just go back to Deepwood Motte?And when is Balon finally going to kick the bucket? So I'm hopeful we will at least get Euron and news of his casting will come out in Oct, I'm still optimistic

I agree, although using him as a replacement for Dareon would make me a little sad. Arya killing because someone betrayed her 'brother' was such a beautiful, heartwarmingly creepy moment.

Meryn Trant was the one who was beating Sansa on Joffrey's order. If Arya somehow discovers this, his death could be in response to how he hurt her sister as well as the death of Syrio Forel.

She's only necessary for Tyrion's character development, and we know D&D don't care about that. Tyrion's is there just to be our lovable underdog hero, what else do you need.

Character development, smarachter development. Saint Tyrion does not need to be complexified. He is all good. He will overcome all. He never does bad things. Shae tried to kill the poor little guy.

It's funny because it was Olyvar's info that led to her being betrothed to Loras in the first place.

BTW, they're shooting more riverboat stuff tomorrow in the same blue boat we saw Jorah and Tyrion in last week. Instead of the open water, they're filming on what looks to be their Rhoyne stand-in.

Links?

Archived