Bran the Time Traveler

Super Daario

Will Bran be the one character to solve the biggest liddles?

With Bloodraven, Bran is learning how to go into the heart trees and witness the events of the past (possibly of the future, as well.) The chapter describes the heart trees as experiencing time nonlinearly (sorry, I don't have citations) - it's more than just him having a 'vision' of the past, it's like he is actually present in that moment within the tree.

My point is, with Bran, is it possible that we could have a Rhaegar chapter?

On a similar note, it has me thinking about Hodor: Hodor is a mystery himself. He cannot communicate intelligently, but surely he has seen some things. Could Bran somehow reach into Hodor's memories and discover some unrevealed secret about the characters' pasts?

Why Rhaegar? Isn't Lyanna or another Stark more likely because of the Old Gods/weirwood connection? I thought he needed the trees to watch.

I'm more interested in Bloodraven's plans and past, though. I'd love to see a chapter about the good ol' days of Targ rule, hopefully involving Daemon, Baelor, Egg, or Bittersteel. Oh and Aemon, lots of Aemon.

Why Rhaegar? Isn't Lyanna or another Stark more likely because of the Old Gods/weirwood connection? I thought he needed the trees to watch.

I'm more interested in Bloodraven's plans and past, though. I'd love to see a chapter about the good ol' days of Targ rule, hopefully involving Daemon, Baelor, Egg, or Bittersteel. Oh and Aemon, lots of Aemon.

I was just using Rhaegar, for example. I agree, Lyanna would be more fitting.

Will Bran be the one character to solve the biggest liddles?

With Bloodraven, Bran is learning how to go into the heart trees and witness the events of the past (possibly of the future, as well.) The chapter describes the heart trees as experiencing time nonlinearly (sorry, I don't have citations) - it's more than just him having a 'vision' of the past, it's like he is actually present in that moment within the tree.

My point is, with Bran, is it possible that we could have a Rhaegar chapter?

On a similar note, it has me thinking about Hodor: Hodor is a mystery himself. He cannot communicate intelligently, but surely he has seen some things. Could Bran somehow reach into Hodor's memories and discover some unrevealed secret about the characters' pasts?

In the first book Bran could see the dragons in Asshai and yes that is a fact in case anyone is wondering, because I just read the chapter the other day. So Bran is at this point one of the most important characters of the series and he is one of my favorites along with Tyrion and Jaime.

Only Ned could be constructed as involving time travel. And that's just coincidence.

Everything else is affecting the present.

I was more looking at the examples we already have of Bran's abilities to seemingly communicate through the trees in general, not just through time. Bloodraven seems to not think that Bran could be able to do this at all, past, present, or future. BR seemed to be saying that Bran could just watch, not reach out and touch (or speak with) someone. I'm not certain the Ned thing was coincidence, the Theon and Jon incidents seem to say that Bran may just be capable of communication through the trees. One COULD say that the Theon incident was in the present, but.....it did effect things Theon did in the future, IMO. The tree knowing his name seemed to help Theon find the resolve to defy Ramsey and save Jeyne. I'm not certain, but I do lean heavily to the conclusion that Bran can and will continue to communicate through the trees, it seems to already consist of too many coincidences.

Only Ned could be constructed as involving time travel. And that's just coincidence.

Everything else is affecting the present.

Didn't he see the future in one of his first vision's - where he sees his father with his sisters & they were all sad, his mother on the ship on the way to KL, his brother Jon at the wall lying in the cold (possible glimpse of ending of aDwD but probably coincidence. He then goes past the wall & BR says "that is why you must live" & it terrifies him. He also has visions of Dragon's over WF that's probably future.

Didn't he see the future in one of his first vision's - where he sees his father with his sisters & they were all sad, his mother on the ship on the way to KL, his brother Jon at the wall lying in the cold (possible glimpse of ending of aDwD but probably coincidence. He then goes past the wall & BR says "that is why you must live" & it terrifies him. He also has visions of Dragon's over WF that's probably future.

I think it's hard to say because everything doesn't go in order in the books but I thought he was seeing the present in those visions. Everything he saw happened in the next few chapters.

Unless of course he was seeing Jon post stabbing but I believe he was seeing him in the present.

I was more looking at the examples we already have of Bran's abilities to seemingly communicate through the trees in general, not just through time. Bloodraven seems to not think that Bran could be able to do this at all, past, present, or future. BR seemed to be saying that Bran could just watch, not reach out and touch (or speak with) someone. I'm not certain the Ned thing was coincidence, the Theon and Jon incidents seem to say that Bran may just be capable of communication through the trees. One COULD say that the Theon incident was in the present, but.....it did effect things Theon did in the future, IMO. The tree knowing his name seemed to help Theon find the resolve to defy Ramsey and save Jeyne. I'm not certain, but I do lean heavily to the conclusion that Bran can and will continue to communicate through the trees, it seems to already consist of too many coincidences.

Oh, Bran can communicate with people in the present. Bloodraven does the same. Only the past is ruled out.

That's prophecy, not some backwards time-travelling.

Archived