AcroPHILIA: (acrophobia's strange and incestuous twin) WINNER - Howlin' Howland

Dolorous Gabe

Please don't forget to send a vote for your Favourite Clue with your final answers.

Thanks

For the record, I'm going to treat the two clues from the same player as one. If you get both right, it will count as only one correct clue. If you get one of them right, it will count as one correct clue. So, as long as you get one of them right, you will gain the 2 guesser points for one correct answer. You don't need to try and get both right. The author of the two clues will gain author points only for people correctly identifying the character of clue 17.

Approximately 6 hours till final answers are final in round 3 and all will be revealed (after the laborious score counting).

Please don't forget to come up with a new clue for round 4 by tomorrow (Thursday 28th August) 11pm London Time. Most players have already.

Thanks

The thing is, it's a really good clue (except for the proper name of course) and came to me in a flash. I spent like 3 minutes on it... it was just there.

I thought about voting it as my favorite clue. It took me a while to figure out (and it never occured to me it wasn't about Catelyn), but it was clever. I spent most of my time thinking about the wrong end of the pregnancy.

So a valid clue contains no name at all (even if it's someone else's name)?

If 16 is the wrong one, then I got it wrong likely too.

Last round I had to ask if it was OK to include Citadel in my clue, but I was assured that locations are OK. Only names, nicknames, and family sigils are off limits for now.

I know I got the theme right, at least.

I was torn about which is my favorite clue. I like a clever clue, but not something that is too hard to guess. Humor goes a long way also.

This time I chose a clue that I was able to be sure I got right for my favorite. :-)

I got neither but had originally and desperately typed what I now think is the right answer in for clue 16. Sadly I deleted it and sent it in blank for the prelims. However to me it seemed such a long shot I'm sure I would have changed it to my final (wrong) answer anyway, being convinced of its feebleness it would have been an 'obviously' wrong answer. Of course now I understand its logic I can see its a great clue.

I never submitted my prelims until I saw the six hour deadline today. Had eight of nine original submissions and the theme correct but rushed through the rest... hopefully the rush doesn't hurt me too badly on the rest.

I decided that, at least for now, my favorite clue won't be a super straightforward easy one. I voted for #6... probably just because I had to look up "Fe" ... after that it was easy.

Archived