AcroPHILIA: (acrophobia's strange and incestuous twin) WINNER - Howlin' Howland

Dolorous Gabe

Would it help if you danced at my expense while I watched?

I do not understand what people say anymore, so I can not put them in their place with the right answer :ninja:

usurper - "usurped" Rattleshirt's identity

trans - beyond

great separator - the wall

snip snap

Oh, thank you... I only noticed the "trans" meaning to be around "something-slash-something" or "having changed from one thing to another" (in accidental internet dictionaries, as always), although it did bother me why "turned" was not used instead. Stupid :frown5:

It is really a great clue, yomi!

I can tell a secret :ninja: On how to win the game :smug: I did the best, when I remembered that the clue maker is trying their best to tell me the answer, that they want me to get it, and they made a great clue. So if something does not add up into a perfect solution, it must be a wrong guess and my fault.

I can tell a secret :ninja: On how to win the game :smug: I did the best, when I remembered that the clue maker is trying their best to tell me the answer, that they want me to get it, and they made a great clue. So if something does not add up into a perfect solution, it must be a wrong guess and my fault.

Perfect advice.

So, Gabe, I know #16 (Tyrion's clue) was one of the hints that you were referring to when you said a couple clues should have had hyphens in them... what were the others?

The others didn't need one to make sense for the answer, but it struck me that 'lilac-scented', 'bad-toothed' and 'yellow-belly' could have been hyphenated.

It wasn't close at the end, and DG did an amazing job. But I didn't get any points for favorite clue this round.

Whacha mean? You got two points for favourite!

And I know I definitely voted for your clue. :smoking:

Thanks for hosting Gabe.

Let me explain #15 'Loved Sister. Bided time. Younger brother'

The word sister was capitalized and had a double meaning--he was in love with his sister, but he also carried DarkSister the sword.

Sorry for not 'cluing in' DS, unfortunately the clue also fit Oberyn to a 'T'.

Whacha mean? You got two points for favourite!

And I know I definitely voted for your clue. :smoking:

I don't recall anyone voting for clue 12, the one for (f)Aegon/Young Griff, which was H'H's. There is a full count of 14 favourite clue votes in the list (rhymeswithleek didn't partake) so I must have counted your vote, but it didn't go to clue 12. If I made a mistake and gave it to the wrong clue then I apologise.

Ooops! BIG OOPS!!

I grovel.

I prostrate myself.

I ask Stannis to remove my typing fingers.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

It was #8 I voted fav. Lil' Ghost.

How could I read the answers not once but twice and think it said HH's clue.

You're right HH - I didn't vote for you! :ack:

14 Longevity saps bastard. Treehugger's years beyond...

Answer Brynden 'Bloodraven' Rivers

Author northernwarg

My choice for favorite clue. The pun of "sap" did it for me.

Cheers Emmit. I was pleased with it too!

Very well done to HH. Imagine if a shadow had won? The backwash of terrifying ninja smug???!!! ;) I suppose it will only make her meaner and more determined:)

Massive thanks to the Great Dolorous One.

Btw like the idea of a theme but not clue prelims. And a secret congrats/hugs to lil' ghost.

Congratulations on the win, Howlin'! Nice final round Reek!

And thanks to everyone who played. :cheers:

What a super fun game! Thanks again, DG :bowdown:

Guessing the theme correctly in the prelims definitely helped me in this round:

I had a dumb assumption that the answers were characters that started out alive.

Initially, I had #3 as Stoneheart, but changed to Catelyn Stark after the prelims.

#6 I was on the right track for prelims, listing Aegon V, but due to my dumb assumption, I changed it to Sandor Clegane (thinking 'summerhalled' might mean he was burned).

#7 I initially had Robert Baratheon, but changed it to Mance after the prelims

#8 I got wrong. I was sure Sarella Sand *had* to be one of the answers, so I guessed this was the most likely. The sparrow part didn't fit, but I went with it anyway. If only the clue had been Little sparrow - then I'd have gotten it for sure.

#15 I guessed Doran Martell and he was my odd one out. He fits the clue, too!

#16 I guessed Sansa, since she also had to be in one of the answers. *sigh*

#17 I guessed Theon. I'd forgotten about Ramsay being disguised as Reek.

Happy I got some Favorite Clue votes this round.

I also guessed Castellan's entry.

Now I can hardly wait for the next game. Still, this one is my favorite. :-)

Cheers Emmit. I was pleased with it too!

Very well done to HH. Imagine if a shadow had won? The backwash of terrifying ninja smug???!!! ;) I suppose it will only make her meaner and more determined:)

Massive thanks to the Great Dolorous One.

Btw like the idea of a theme but not clue prelims. And a secret congrats/hugs to lil' ghost.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Archived