AcroPHILIA: (acrophobia's strange and incestuous twin) WINNER - Howlin' Howland

Dolorous Gabe

Back to the topic

I think we might try a couple of three-round games for testing rules before changing to longer five-round games. (Unless there is an equally eager person as DG who wants to host a seven-round game.)

I'm for trying the 3-points-per-correct-guess rule, even though I believe I'll like the 2-points better.

I'm for keeping the 5 points for getting the theme.

I wouldn't miss author guesses if we decide to skip them. They seem more work for the hist than they are worth.

Please let's keep the favourite clue vote. If we go to 3-points-per-correct-guess maybe we should even raise it to 2-points-per-favourite-vote. Or you could get the number of favourite votes sqared points... but no, that would get out of control if we all loved the same clue best it would get 225 points...

Prelims... sometimes they helped me, sometimes they didn't... I guess could skip them as well, to reduce the work for the host.

I think we should check how many people are interested in playing before we decide if we play alone or in pairs.

If we get enough people maybe we could still play alone, but send each character to two persons? Thus we would get two clues for each character, which should make the game easier, but hopefully not to much without the information which clues belong together.

I think we should check how many people are interested in playing before we decide if we play alone or in pairs.

If we get enough people maybe we could still play alone, but send each character to two persons? Thus we would get two clues for each character, which should make the game easier, but hopefully not to much without the information which clues belong together.

Perhaps whoever hosts the next game should create a sign-up thread that states there is no limit on numbers but that if 20 or more players enter then it will be played in teams of 2? On the same sign-up thread we can talk over the mechanics of the game.

*Was hoping to grab some popcorn for the SNA vs shadow confrontation*

I have been avoiding the great rules debate, but am sucked in:

on the whole, I don't think I want to play in pairs, and playing in trios sounds very cumbersome

i think get rid of prelims altogether

keep the theme and the points for guessing theme

favourite clue should stay in to reward people who make their clue not only guessable but with some skill or charm

I have totally avoided guessing authors but if some people have that skill then let them be rewarded. I mean I can usually see 'that clue's pretty good, probably one of the best four clue writers' but get no further.

Edit: BUT I really hate that odd one out clue, its hard enough guessing a theme without a false clue in there.

Edit2: I believe Host gets to make the rules, though.

The Great Rules Debate:

I'm with Castellan, playing in pairs sounds difficult. I didn't even read the suggestion about trios, that would be really challenging. Teams would really slow down the game. Also, what if someone disappeared mid-game? While a good idea for more players, I think teams would create more problems with communication.

Guessing the theme points should stay, as the favorite clue.

I like the prelims, but understand that portion can slow the game so would be okay with removing it.

I liked the prelims, but then again, I'm bad at this game.

Groups sounds interesting, but too much work for the host.

3 points per clue that's correct, I like

1 point for fave clue is ok with me, unless you all like 2.

5 points for theme is best, better than 10.

Uhh what else? I've had so much wine and just got home from an 11 hour shift. I'm POOPED

:agree: What the lady with Bacunicorn said :D

:love:

I guess it would be helpful for future hosts to have a regystry with the themes that have been used, in order to come up with something new. I'll make a thread for that, yes?

:agree: This is a really good idea. Thanks for doing that, yomi. How exciting to be involved in the game from the beginning!

So working on this round and have been pretty successful, I feel. I caught what I think is the theme after figuring out 3 clues (my own makes 4) and it has helped immensely in figuring out others.

Best round for me.

*he says before asking for prelim results*

You are bold, Emmit! I have been very slow to guessing in this round. I have a couple, but it's quite challenging.

I still think this is my favorite game since it really helps me study the books and learn more details. Who came up with this marvelous idea?

You are bold, Emmit! I have been very slow to guessing in this round. I have a couple, but it's quite challenging.

I still think this is my favorite game since it really helps me study the books and learn more details. Who came up with this marvelous idea?

That would be me (by accident) DG, and...who else was it? northernwarg? Had an embarrassing number of leftovers from the Secret Targs round of Acrophobia Game 8. Posted them in the leftovers thread and someone had a go at guessing which characters they were for. It kind of snowballed from there. It was DG and another poster or two who had the idea to turn it into a game though. I wasn't really much help.

That would be me (by accident) DG, and...who else was it? northernwarg? Had an embarrassing number of leftovers from the Secret Targs round of Acrophobia Game 8. Posted them in the leftovers thread and someone had a go at guessing which characters they were for. It kind of snowballed from there. It was DG and another poster or two who had the idea to turn it into a game though. I wasn't really much help.

Yes, northernwarg had a guess at who the subject was on each of your leftovers, each being a potential secret Targ, and said how enjoyable it was trying to work them out.

I then posted a very basic rule set for this game in the leftovers thread and after asking for ideas from others I formulated the game.

I'm delighted people have been enjoying it, frustrating though it has been at times.

Archived