Nobody thinks the Others are pure evil, right?

Fool of a Took

I don't see them as entirely evil, no. I think of them as sidhe, being perceived as potentially malevolent from the outside, but beautiful to those who have lived amongst them. Very nuanced thing, I think, so I guess the answer is all about who you ask. I'm guessing Sam doesn't think much of them, but perhaps Craster's babies never want to leave them.

I don't see them as entirely evil, no. I think of them as sidhe, being perceived as potentially malevolent from the outside, but beautiful to those who have lived amongst them. Very nuanced thing, I think, so I guess the answer is all about who you ask. I'm guessing Sam doesn't think much of them, but perhaps Craster's babies never want to leave them.

It would be more accurate to say of the Sidhe that they are indeed beautiful, but proud and cruel. Offer them proper respect, play very strictly by their rules and agreements and all will be well. Fail to show them respect or honour agreements absolutely literally, and that's a vvery different matter.

They are alien, not evil.

The results are exactly the same though, if their alien goals happen to involve some kind of terraforming of the planet into an arctic wasteland more suited to their needs, with the side effect of wiping out humanity.

So while the philosophical debate is all good and well, on a practical level there is no difference.

I personally believe that the others have to connection with the dragons like I have read on other threads. The others did not show up when Aegon first came to Westeros. So I think it's safe to rule out they are here for daenerys. I think they are coming for an alligeince with Stannis, so he can become the Nights King, and unlock the crypts at Winterfell because that's where supposedly the Nights Queen is.

I personally believe that the others have to connection with the dragons like I have read on other threads. The others did not show up when Aegon first came to Westeros. So I think it's safe to rule out they are here for daenerys. I think they are coming for an alligeince with Stannis, so he can become the Nights King, and unlock the crypts at Winterfell because that's where supposedly the Nights Queen is.

That argument is flawed, if you apply it to Aegon/Daenerys you have to apply it to dragons as well.

Aegon came with Dragons, many more than there are around there now, and just a couple of centuries before that Valyria had hundreds and hundreds of dragons going around.

The right time for White Walkers to come out if they are connected to Dragons was a long time ago, not now.

Fact is, while Dragons existed this whole time, White Walkers were so long gone everybody thought they didn't really exist.

I think it's more probable that they know nothing about the return of Dragons, Daenerys, and everything else. Maybe it's the opposite, they think the Dragons are long gone and is safe to go around.

But to live in such a remote place and have first hand high quality information of what's happening on the other side of the world, even before that it happens, is a bit lame.

You got a fair point there I guess, I just think they will return even before Daenerys gets to Westeros. Winter will be firmly set in and the White Walker plot will be In full swing.

or, and this is what i hope happens, daenerys arrives, war ensues at kings landing, dragons kill and burn everything, then the others and their horde arrives, and everyone that was JUST slaughtered in daenerys' wrath, sit up again, with shiny blue eyes.

Archived