R+L=J v.97

Jon Weirgaryen

Thank you Rhaenys and JonCon!! I appreciate the summary and linkages. So....Aegon was not so happy in either marriage. Rhaegar most likely knew this so I want to believe that he had a plan, even if it wasn't a "smart" plan, there was one in place so that Elia and Lyanna didn't end up as enemies.

It might have actually helped that Lyanna and Elia weren't sisters in this case. With Visenya and Rhaenys, there is also the question of succession for their children but if Rhaegar made promises that no matter what Elia's son would sit the throne then Rhaegar might have thought everything would work out (cause prophecy). Maybe incredibly naive of him but at least he had some sort of plan.

But, the flip side of that is that the sisters apparently weren't happy in the marriage either, especially given Rhaenys "side projects," (cough).

They married each other to preserve the blood.

But, the flip side of that is that the sisters apparently weren't happy in the marriage either, especially given Rhaenys "side projects," (cough).

They married each other to preserve the blood.

I almost think we can't draw parallels to these two situations, outside of a Targaryen King who had two wives. Lyanna and Rhaegar were in love; neither of Aegon's wives were in love with him. Maybe that's why Rhaegar thought this would work: Elia respected him as a partner and prince/king, Lyanna loved him as a man and lover. :dunno: :dunno:

I almost think we can't draw parallels to these two situations, outside of a Targaryen King who had two wives. Lyanna and Rhaegar were in love; neither of Aegon's wives were in love with him. Maybe that's why Rhaegar thought this would work: Elia respected him as a partner and prince/king, Lyanna loved him as a man and lover. :dunno: :dunno:

True, Rhaenys could have just been fickle ans easily bored.

Well sure. That's one possible solution. :lmao:

But, to be serious

I am serious...

what do you think "the Dragon has three heads" means? It's the Valyrian version of the "beast with two backs".

OT, poor Aegon, but I would gladly read a whole book about his marital problems. It was fun (well, for me, not for him. And all of that sexual frustration got him into conquering Westeros. Imagine if Robert had been like that... )

I am serious...

what do you think "the Dragon has three heads" means? It's the Valyrian version of the "beast with two backs".

LOL. Well, yeah that's true. Jorah does suggest to Dany that it meant Aegon and his two sister-wives and later Dany thinks she can marry Jorah and Daario to make three dragons (gods. Hands down, worst marriage on Planetos. Disaster. Just...freaking disaster)

Anyway...

OT, poor Aegon, but I would gladly read a whole book about his marital problems. It was fun (well, for me, not for him. And all of that sexual frustration got him into conquering Westeros. Imagine if Robert had been like that... )

I wonder if Aegon and Robert would have gotten along.

Aegon: "Women!"

Robert: "You're telling me. Fickle, the lot of them."

Aegon: "I just want to love her but she won't let me!"

Robert: "Dude. Mine up and ran away with my cousin."

Aegon: "Tough break. One of mine probably killed one of my kids."

Robert: "One of...?"

Aegon: "I had two wives. Double the...fun."

Robert" "Oh you poor SOB. Let's go kill something."

Aegon: " Right-o"

What about Stannis Baratheon?

He also has a little bit of Targaryen blood in him.

Yes, the Berantheons were originally Valaryan by way of Aegons bastard half brother, Orlys, and then later, a Targaryen Princess.

Maybe Westeros would have been better off if Robert had been a girl. :)

Yes, the Berantheons were originally Valaryan by way of Aegons bastard half brother, Orlys, and then later, a Targaryen Princess.

Maybe Westeros would have been better off if Robert had been a girl. :)

Roberta! She would have married Ned.

It's not confirmed that Orys was a Bastard. But Stannis is indeed a Targaryen via grandmother.

That means there are 4 targaryens in the world (Stannis, Dany, Aegon and Jon snow/targaryen)

But I read somehwere that there must be only 3 to fulfill the prophecy.

That means there are 4 targaryens in the world (Stannis, Dany, Aegon and Jon snow/targaryen)

But I read somehwere that there must be only 3 to fulfill the prophecy.

There are definitely more than that. Bloodraven is a Targaryen bastard of Aegon IV. I'm convinced Quiathe is Sheira Seastar, another bastard of Aegon IV (he had a lot). There are other little bastards running around, I'm sure, like Serra, Illyrio's wife who was probably from the Blackfire line (I think) which again is Targaryen bastard from Aegon IV .

You're thinking that the dragon needs three heads. That's part of the prophecy. But that doesn't mean it has to be three literal Targaryens. Jon and Dany,most likely. I've seen some say Tyrion, but he's not a Targaryen but he makes sense as a dragon rider

Archived