London Meet-Up Ideas, Post-LA/Pre-Amsterdam

Werthead

Ok, just been on the phone to my sister and my colleagues....

I'll be around London between the 3rd and the 6th of October... not ideal for catching up with folk, but not much I can do.

I'll be spending some time in a friend's pub in North London, and staying with my sister in the far east of the city (technically they live in essex).

As soon as I have a definite schedule organised I'll let folk know.

:)

Yay I'm an Uncle now!!!! :D:D:D

Right, so how are people sorted for meeting on the Friday (the 6th)? I know this is going to be more difficult from a work perspective, although not for me, as I can get that day off more easily than the Saturday, but having to work the next day kind of throws a spanner in the works of professional drinking. But if we can get more Bros together, the sacrifice can be made for the sake of the team :cheers:

i have encountered problems:

1) weekend of 30th: I can only do the Friday night and I wouldn't be able to get there much before 8

2) weekend of 7th: have plans for the saturday, and i'm not sure about coming up for just the one night when i won't get there until after 8...

N

Not much response to my prior request. Hmm. I'm guessing the Saturday (7th) will be better for most people, but if we opt for the Friday (6th) we'll be able to meet up with Bran and possibly Chal as well. So I'd say the 6th unless there's tons of opposition to it.

So friday night then ? That will leave me nice and spannered for the rest of the weekend with my folks . Anyone up for the science museum on saturday afternoon ? They have people dressed up as Isaac Newton and Shroedinger and the like . The last time I was there I saw Salmun Rushdi at the LaunchPad he was out with his grand kiddies . ( The real Salmun Rushdi - not someone dressed up as him . )

What do Sean`s drinking shoes look like ?

So how does the Friday night suit then, Seany? 6th Oct. It's fine for me btw.

If we don't get too many takers for this date then we could consider the following Sat (14th).

Ok, i'll look into getting that day off work. Does this mean that the 7th is definitely a no?

I can only do one of the days, Friday or Saturday, as I can get one day off at such short notice but not two but I can do all day either day (or Sunday for that matter). I'll have to leave about 10pm at the latest though to get home. If it's the Friday, I can't get too hammered either, but the Saturday is not a problem.

Okay, so if we go for the Saturday we can possibly hang out and do more stuff during the day, but Bran can't make it. But if we go for the Friday than Bran can make it.

Okay, to try and pin this down how are people sorted for Friday during the day for an earlier meet-up and possibly do some touristy things like Mel suggested?

Archived