London Meet-Up Ideas, Post-LA/Pre-Amsterdam

Werthead

i need someone's number which isn't the yammpy cunt's. I'm still not sure what time i'm there and it'd be good to see everyone if i get there before five...

N

ok, been in London since Tuesday morning - its been hard work but good... my nephew is absolutley adorable and has been sleeping on me quite a bit :D

I'm aiming to be in the pub at about 5ish.... I'll probably have a couple of pints in me by then as I'm catching up with an old friend first :P

sadly I'll have to be at the bus station before ten to nine (the latest I can get on the bus) but that still leaves enough time for some serious drinking.

I should be able to recognise Sean - from the photos I've seen he should be easy to spot. I'll probably be easy to recognise - just look for a long haired guy wearing a BWB t-shirt and carrying a rucksac.

Looking forward to meeting you all :D

i need someone's number which isn't the yammpy cunt's. I'm still not sure what time i'm there and it'd be good to see everyone if i get there before five...

N

Do you have the number for my current lame mobile? Can't remember if I gave it to you last time? If not I'll send it to you. :)

I'm aiming to be in the pub at about 5ish.... I'll probably have a couple of pints in me by then as I'm catching up with an old friend first :P

sadly I'll have to be at the bus station before ten to nine (the latest I can get on the bus) but that still leaves enough time for some serious drinking.

I should be able to recognise Sean - from the photos I've seen he should be easy to spot. I'll probably be easy to recognise - just look for a long haired guy wearing a BWB t-shirt and carrying a rucksac.

Just look for the grumpiest misog in sight, that will be me - it's my default expression. :D We should be there by 5pm too. And I'm probably going to want to be away by 9 or 10 myself.

Sweet! :) I usually suggest upstairs because you can see more from up there. One side (indoors) has shops on, the other has some stone steps. Let's meet on the steps, m'kay?

Stone steps it is.

Do we have touristy stuff like a museum or something planned? I'm hopeless at keeping up with these threads.

I'll PM you my mobile number as well. :)

Yep.

Last train from Liverpool Street is ten past midnight, but for safety's sake I'll try to get the 11.30pm one back to Colchester. Should be enough time to get nicely steaming.

I just got a very merry call from Sean, Barry and Ser MelT, they were riding in a rickshaw, on their way to a gay bar for more drinks.

Sounds like everyone is having quite a very very good time.

Sigh.

Just back from London - and I'm at work already :(

Last night was really cool - Sean, Barry and Isis were fantastic company and a barrel of laughs :) Sadly I barely got to say hello to Ser Mel. Next time I'll arrange more time for catching up with folk.

Hope that the meetup today is as much fun as last night - have a great time everyone :cheers:

Again? ;)

Right, so Isis isn't making the 1pm rendezvous, but I'll assume everyone else is :cheers:

fuck off. Managed to get the last train back instead of getting a £40 cab so it wasn't too bad.

Really nice to meet Bran last night. See the rest of you mofos later on. :)

Jesus H. Can't remember the last time I was so smashed. Great evening. Met up with Slick and William. Cool visit to the Science Museum. The French apparently developed a system for firing rocket-powered swords at people. The awesomeness of this cannot be overrated. Then to the pub, where Chal arrived and informed us that Sean was now the 'yampy cunt', now and forever more. Isis turned up, followed by Sean, and much alcohol was consumed before Ser Mel turned up and caught up with the rest of our drinking in fine time. Much discussion was had on various topics, and Mel seems to have sorted the arrangements for Amsterdam. Details to follow on the other thread. Then we went through various stages of emo and people departed. Last I saw of Sean was him and Mel preparing to drag Slick to a gay bar. Chal and Mel, who I'd met but not really spoken to before, turned out to be awesomeness in human form, and Mel deserves much applause, if not alcohol, for arranging the Amsterdam trip :cheers:

Great night. Will put up some pics tomorrow.

Sounds like an excellent night! Can't wait for the Edinburgh meet in November, shame I can't make the Amsterdam one as I bet that that one will be ledgendary :cheers: I'm off to Amsterdam on Friday to see an old school friend so I'll let you know if I see any must see places for the BWB :D

I was sad to miss out on the gay bar but I had opted to get home at a reasonable hour and demonstrate how responsible I could be. Got up at 5.30am to go to the toilet, when I got back in bed I was accused of getting in 'really late'. :rolleyes: I got home at 12.30, ffs. Miserable husbands aside, it was a great night. Can't wait for Amsterdam now!

My PC fails. For some reason the card-reader refuses to read my XD card any more, so I had to whack the pictures across via USB. I'll have them up in a little while.

Archived