London Meet-Up Ideas, Post-LA/Pre-Amsterdam

Werthead

Right, so we're back to the 7th, then, with the possibility of some of the locals meeting Bran on the Friday? Great. If we can settle on the Saturday date as the cast-iron one, that would be cool.

(waits for Sean to point out he has now gotten the Friday off and can't change it ;) )

This is turning into the A Feast for Crows of BwB meet ups, but I'm sure we'll get there in the end :cheers:

(waits for Sean to point out he has now gotten the Friday off and can't change it ;) )

I have now gotten the friday off and can't change it. :(

Only joking! As it happens, I have both off and would prefer the sat too. I may have to pop off to play rugby in the afternoon, but I will return with my pink and yellow polka dot drinking boots on. :cool:

So its settled then, Sat 7th october 2006!!!!

I will do my level best to be around on the friday and meet with Bran (if he wants to, of course).

As far as a meet point goes, it will depend on what people want to do. Do you all want to meet early and do some stuff or meet later in the boozer or meet early in the boozer?

If its either boozer option, then I suggest Ye olde cheshire cheese which is a great pub with lots of history and was the beginning of my BwB experience.

Cool-looking pub. Still, there hasn't been a bad London pub yet that the BwB has steered me towards. :cheers:

So sean and barry haven't taken you to their fave gay bar yet?

Bouncer to Sean 'you do know this is a gay bar?'

Sean, towering over bouncer 'you do know we know this is a gay bar?'

Pretty sure that Bran can only do earlyish on the friday because he has work in Scotland on the sat (although I may well be wrong).

If so, anyone fancy meeting up on friday (after work drinkie, Isis)?

Think Sir Mel T is about and I should be too.

If more people can make it on the saturday then meet up then - I'll probably have to leave relatively early on the friday night anyway :(
I was looking at this post. At first glance I thought it said, 'if more people can make it on Sat I'll meet up then'. But it didn't. Damn.

Yeah, I can do Friday after work.

OK, just in the process of booking my bus - it looks like I'll be having to catch it at 23.00 from central London on Friday the 6th.... the only easy way to get back to St A's in time for work...

I'll let you all know as soon as I know where the bus leaves from. :)

edit:

right, I'll be leaving from Victoria Coach Station... wherever that is :)

The coach station is a couple of hundred yards away from the raliway & tube station, it's quite simple to get to.

But, ew. I'm not a fan of that part of London. I'll look out for some pubs within a short walk of the coach station though.

But, ew. I'm not a fan of that part of London. I'll look out for some pubs within a short walk of the coach station though.

:unsure: sorry, didn't have any choice as to where to travel from. :(

oh, looks like I'll be in Mort Lake on Thursday - there is a pub there that one of my friends runs. :D

looks like i'll be there for the saturday....

W00t! :cheers:

If the plan for the Saturday is to meet up at Sean's pub (and why not?), then what time are we thinking of? I was going to suggest about 1pm if not a bit earlier. Gives us time for some touristy stuff and a few jars in the evening.

whatever. just let me know. i have to get my hair done in the morning so i'll pole up at around 1400.

lots of peeps have my number so just give me a text or similar if minds are changed sat morning.

Archived