R+L=J v100

Jon Weirgaryen

There were probably Silent Sisters at some point.

Hasn't it been suggested before that Ned must have give over Lyanna's body to the Silent Sisters for burial prep before he headed north put of Dorne?

There's some primitive form of embalming that the Silent Sisters do if I remember right. Maybe he had something done, either burning or boiling or beetles at Starfall.

Yeah, that's a possibility as well. Starfall sent for Silent Sisters to take care of Lyanna's corpse.

Well Robert does say, "YOU told me once" when speaking directly to Ned. So either Ned told in KL or rumors came down from the North and Robert asked at the Greyjoy revolt.

Thanks for looking that up.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/116357-am-i-in-a-minority-of-one/ that was the thread.

I'm not suggesting that Jon was conceived at Harrenhall, just that it can't be impossible that Jon is Ned's bastard if everyone in Westeros believes it.

That would work in the way of Ned marrying Cat, fathering Robb in a hurry (that is true so far), and then, wide out in theoryland, running to meet Jon's future mother, only to return to collect the baby after the final land battles of the Robellion. To the timelineish deniers, that still works with the knowledge of August 2014.

There is nothing in the text to make it probable, though.

Hasn't it been suggested before that Ned must have give over Lyanna's body to the Silent Sisters for burial prep before he headed north put of Dorne?

Yeah that makes sense. And being silent Ned wouldn't have to worry about them telling anyone she had been pregnant. Though Robert really should have wondered, especially if Ned had Jon with him. What are the odds that she wouldn't have gotten pregnant after being raped so much by Rhaegar.

Yeah that makes sense. And being silent Ned wouldn't have to worry about them telling anyone she had been pregnant. Though Robert really should have wondered, especially if Ned had Jon with him. What are the odds that she wouldn't have gotten pregnant after being raped so much by Rhaegar.

Moon tea? I don't know if I'm playing into a Robert is too stupid but I'm sure it never crossed his mind that Lyanna could have been with child.

Regarding her corpse: Ned probably had Dragons burn her to bone.

Moon tea? I don't know if I'm playing into a Robert is too stupid but I'm sure it never crossed his mind that Lyanna could have been with child.

Regarding her corpse: Ned probably had Dragons burn her to bone.

Well they'd probably need a maester for that no? Plus it just seems out of character for a rapist to give her moon tea. Then I guess Robert wouldn't have been thinking clearly.

...Dragons?

Spoiler from TWOIAF

Stark family tree

This tree has some minor errors and not final, as confirmed by Ran.

It is Melantha Blackwood, wife of William Stark.

http://nobodysuspectsthebutterfly.tumblr.com/

that is a fan site... it does not include references.

The name gave me enough to come up with a source.

http://edelweiss-assets.abovethetreeline.com/RH/supplemental/GRRM_WOIF_SellPacket_spreads-lowres.pdf

Bloodraven's mother was a Blackwood. Rickard's grandmother was a Blackwood.

Bloodraven is a warg as are Ned's children.

Well they'd probably need a maester for that no? Plus it just seems out of character for a rapist to give her moon tea. Then I guess Robert wouldn't have been thinking clearly.

...Dragons?

Someone had to help deliver the baby, even some servant or midwife.

Yeah Dragons. Rhaegar and Lyannas lovemaking actually ignited the comet and baby dragons were flying around ToJ. It is known

Ahem... unless there were Silent Sisters within a day's reach from ToJ, you don't want to know how fast a body can decompose in hot climate, and I'm sure Ned wouldn't want this going on with Lyanna's body.

To give you a RL example, after Alexander the Great's death in Babylon, his generals were so occupied with the power struggle that no-one thought to tend to the body the whole day. When they finally remembered, they were surprised that it hadn't started to decompose yet (which makes historians believe that Alexander fell in a deep coma and died only hours later).

Jon is actually just three baby dragons in a human suit Ned made from the skin of his fallen comrades. It is known.

I like this much better than mine own response. jon is not just a Dragon, but a Dragon with 3 heads himself. Skin made from the finest knights in all the realm, making his Dawn-Lightbringer connection all the easier.

Ahem... unless there were Silent Sisters within a day's reach from ToJ, you don't want to know how fast a body can decompose in hot climate, and I'm sure Ned wouldn't want this going on with Lyanna's body).

Oh god, yes. Good point.

Ahem... unless there were Silent Sisters within a day's reach from ToJ, you don't want to know how fast a body can decompose in hot climate, and I'm sure Ned wouldn't want this going on with Lyanna's body.

Which is why I'm more in favor of Ned burning the body.

Jon is actually just three baby dragons in a human suit Ned made from the skin of his fallen comrades. It is known.

This changes everything.

This is sort of a morbid question, but if a woman dies in childbirth or soon after, would it be visibly apparent that she had been pregnant? I think Robert would have wanted to see her body and say goodbye when Ned passed through King's Landing.

As long as there isn't a baby or a placenta sac in her she will look completely normal, if a little heavier from regular pregnancy weight. However if a maester were to inspect her body and discovered stretch marks and vaginal tearing, well, then there's a problem.

As long as there isn't a baby or a placenta sac in her she will look completely normal, if a little heavier from regular pregnancy weight. However if a maester were to inspect her body and discovered stretch marks and vaginal tearing, well, then there's a problem.

Would her breasts not also be swollen to prepare for nursing? (never had a baby...)

Milk doesn't really come in till a few days after birth, given that the babe is actually nursing. Plus, we can imagine Ned would have dressed her modestly. Maybe even so to cover up that she had changed.

Ahh. Thanks. And there is most likely a wet nurse there anyway to assist with birthing and for afterwards, so Lyanna was probably not nursing.

Would her breasts not also be swollen to prepare for nursing? (never had a baby...)

Probably. The body prepares for such since the 24th week of pregnancy, when the hormone levels start to change, as to let the milk ducts in the breasts grow. After birth, these hormone levels drop, and other hormones will make sure the milk is squeezed into the ducts. From that moment on, breastfeeding can take place. While at first most likely only small amounts of breastmilk will be ejected, breastfeeding can usually occur rather quickly after birth. Within hours..

Archived