Next POV character to die?

Mr. ASoIaF

Let me further add that I think Theon is probably the SAFEST pov characters in the series at this point. No way GRRM puts him though all that, finally have him regain his identity, just to knock him off early in TWOW. "What is Dead May Never Die" IS Theon's character arc. He's making it through to the very end.

I think Barristan. He's completely expendable now.

i agree. ithink he will die at the end of the battle. i guess from there on most of the meereen-storyline will be told from tyrions perspective (at last as long as dany is away). his last chapters should be pretty awesome though.

jon snow "safe" right now, i mean he IS dead, so if he doesn't stay dead it would be strange if he dies shortly after being resurrected.

I agree. His story is just starting. The fact he's in Storms' End with Aegon now doesn't mean he's going to stay there forever. Who could have thought that Sam would be returning to the Reach and leaving the Wall? Yet, he did. Just because Arianne and Jon Con are converging in the same place doesn't mean they will stay there for the rest of the books. Arianne could very well return to Dorne as well. And even if she actually stays there, is Jon going to drop dead? Yeah, because he was introduced in book 3 and 4 and appeared finally in book 5 only to simply die because of a disease (that works slowly, btw) in book 6.

It's practically a given that Howland will appear to reveal RLJ. While he might have known a lot about Lyanna and was a witness of whatever happened after the Battle at the ToJ, he doesn't know Rhaegar. Jon will have to find out about his father as well as about his mother. Who else is left to tell Jon about Rhaegar? I'm quite possitive that the Jons will have to eventually meet, and that won't happen in this book.

An incorrect statement considering RLJ is FAR, FAR from a given.

Let me further add that I think Theon is probably the SAFEST pov characters in the series at this point. No way GRRM puts him though all that, finally have him regain his identity, just to knock him off early in TWOW. "What is Dead May Never Die" IS Theon's character arc. He's making it through to the very end.

Not to mention that whenever a character's potential death is laid out so explicitly it often means is not going to happen

Not sure about Barristan dying, I think Barristan may ride a dragon, especially after GRRM stated outright that a dragonrider doesn't have to be a Targ. I think maybe Brienne or Davos (especially if Stannis wrote the Pink Letter) effectively removing Stannis' conscience and starting his final arc.

i agree. ithink he will die at the end of the battle. i guess from there on most of the meereen-storyline will be told from tyrions perspective (at last as long as dany is away). his last chapters should be pretty awesome

I agree. Barristans chapters in aDwD were some of my favourites. It would be a shame to see him go but with Victarion, Tyrion and Barristan all at Meeran it doesn't look good for Barristan the Bold

Im a Sansa fan so she might die before brienne being the controversial chapter.

Given the battle of fire is next, i think barristan but maybe not in chivalry but deception closing out his character arc

I'm fairly ambivalent as far as Sansa goes, but I don't see her going anywhere remotely early in the next book. Her arc doesn't seem that close to being complete yet unless a ton of stuff starts happening in the Vale right quick and the first 15 chapters are Sansa chapters.

I think Barristan will be first POV to die in TWOW , I like Victarion character and maybe he will be wounded in Battle of Meereen but Moqorro could save him like he saved his left arm , maybe some time later Moqorro will make Vic able to blow the horn and not to die because it says that his arm was all charred and blackened but it was more powerful than it has ever been.

For those saying Barristan, how's this:

While courageously annihilating hordes of slave soldiers and slavers he is caught in the fire of one of Dany's dragons, maybe even Drogon himself while Dany returns with her new Khalisar and he is discovered burned horribly after the battle is won and Dany must give him the gift of mercy.
For mine own thought: Jamie is probably too obvious to actually die, but I think we may see the Damphair die, possibly even by drowning as he tries to overthrow Euron but is penalized punished by his God for not honoring the Kingsmoot

Victarion. Having brought Daenerys the 60 ships she will need to bring the Unsullied and Jhaqo's Khalasar across the sea to Westeros he no longer has any purpose. His stupidity is a bit annoying too. He's like the Jar Jar Binks of the Iron Born.

Quoting because of this amazing line. :lmao:

What POV character do you think is going to die next?

I think Aeron Greyjoy getting killed in his attempt to overthrow Euron

And I hate to say it but I think Davos will die saving Rickon or Stannis

I hope Davos doesn't die, but he very well could.

On another note, I think Asha, Daenerys, Brienne, Areo Hotah, and Barristan could die.

I think Barristan. He's completely expendable now.

Yep, you can feel the buildup and with him goes the one person who was going to give Dany an honest account of how her dad earned the nickname "The Mad King" and why he was deposed. Yeah, you can feel his death in the Battle of Mereen coming.

Yep, you can feel the buildup and with him goes the one person who was going to give Dany an honest account of how her dad earned the nickname "The Mad King" and why he was deposed. Yeah, you can feel his death in the Battle of Mereen coming.

I think Barristan may kill Daenerys. Turns out Barristan's not the White Knight he or anybody thinks he is.

Archived