Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 5

ctid1977

Hopefully.

Mhm, I can't remember that... maybe somebody else knows more?

(Btw, -rather off-topic- I was in Iceland this year, two weeks in Reykjavik around Easter, and while wandering through the incredible beautiful nature, ~2 °C in the first week, ~20 °C in the second one, I felt like a real king's (wo)man; I hadn't seen any snow in winter in Germany, well, all the more in Iceland then... and storm... and rain... and sun.

Actually perfect conditions for the March and Battle scenes, but probably less perfect for the poor actors. But still one of the most amazing counties of the whole world! :) )

It certainly sounds like it :) . The landscape shooting might have also been for yet another White Walker scene?

There's a prelude that makes sense before getting to Stannis versus Roose. It resolves an issue, and opens the plot some more. Do I need to state what it is and who is involved? The phrase that keeps recurring is 'Winter Is Coming', other than it being House Stark's words. Surely, to show that winter really is well on its way would be to show this. It would add more to the scene I'm envisaging, even if they cut to a short version, as they've done before.

I know where I'd like to see this almost inevitable face-off between Roose and Stannis. They look closely matched too, which would make for a good fight sequence. It'd be great to make this a winner-takes-all fight too, pitting themselves rather than a champion. That could still give Ramsey a chance to meddle, as he would, and them claim victory. Perhaps this also presents a chance for Theon to gain redemption, as he's hoping.

Sounds like I'm getting ahead of myself, and ahead of where the books and show are.

I'd still prefer this sequence to come in Season 6. This would be an excellent lead into what else is to come and really begin to build the tension towards the inevitable War Of Winter.

I wouldn't mind that, but considering D&D's talk about 7 seasons and the fact that they previously pushed the Battle of Castle Black into pretty much one episode, I think were getting it this season.

What is all this talk about Stannis. No show watcher cares. Back to Dany please :)

You have a whole thread of your own in the General (GoT) section. Can't you just let us have this :frown5: ?

Nothing from the filming ?

It's possible. The Winterfell set is build, so someone might sneak in and get a few relevant pictures. Or we might have another case of Tristan Snow.

Yes if it is necessary, but only Martin knows it. I mean all the big battles were featured in a full episode, why it should be different this time? I'm not talking about the first attack, but the Second one which should be massive according to grrm.

There are less characters.

In Blackwater we had Tyrion, Davos, Matthos, Stannis, Sandor, Joffrey, Cersei, Lancel, Pod and Sansa.

In Castle Black we had Jon, Thorne, Slynt, Grenn, Pyp, Sam, Tormund, Styr, Ygritte, Edd, Aemon and Gilly.

In Winterfell we probably have Stannis, Yara, Theon, Roose, Ramsay and undercover Stannis supporter(s).

There are less characters.In Blackwater we had Tyrion, Davos, Matthos, Stannis, Sandor, Joffrey, Cersei, Lancel, Pod and Sansa.In Castle Black we had Jon, Thorne, Slynt, Grenn, Pyp, Sam, Tormund, Styr, Ygritte, Edd, Aemon and Gilly.In Winterfell we probably have Stannis, Yara, Theon, Roose, Ramsay and undercover Stannis supporter(s).

True but it's not simply a question of characters. It depends on how the Battle develops, but still only martin knows. I think that what you say can happen with deepwood motte siege For example which is nothing more than an ambush or a blitz.

True but it's not simply a question of characters. It depends on how the Battle develops, but still only martin knows. I think that what you say can happen with deepwood motte siege For example which is nothing more than an ambush or a blitz.

The main points is that the other side wins, so the battle will be very different, so that it can fit their structure and budget. In the Blackwater they cut the chain, the Lannister fleet, the bridge of ships, Stannis splitting his forces... In Castle Black they cut the ram, the fake Crows, the ice cell, the stair, most of the retaliation against Stannis, the Horn of Winter...

The main points is that the other side wins, so the battle will be very different, so that it can fit their structure and budget. In the Blackwater they cut the chain, the Lannister fleet, the bridge of ships, Stannis splitting his forces... In Castle Black they cut the ram, the fake Crows, the ice cell, the stair, most of the retaliation against Stannis, the Horn of Winter...

Mmmm yeah but I think in the first case those elements were cut for obvious budgetary reasons while in the Second case it was a plot choice caused by the merging of the two sieges of CB.

Anyway being a Battle fanatic I just hope they don't rush things and portray the BoW peoperly.

Mmmm yeah but I think in the first case those elements were cut for obvious budgetary reasons while in the Second case it was a plot choice caused by the merging of the two sieges of CB.

Anyway being a Battle fanatic I just hope they don't rush things and portray the BoW peoperly.

It's without a doubt going to be different, but I think they can do it well in a half an episode. We migth even see huge shots of armies, since the season should overall have less big moments (in terms of scale) than in season 4, so they hopefully have more time and money to put into the BoW.

Yes if it is necessary, but only Martin knows it. I mean all the big battles were featured in a full episode, why it should be different this time? I'm not talking about the first attack, but the Second one which should be massive according to grrm.

I'd bet D&D know as I'm sure they will have had access to the Winds of Winter draft material and are closely aligned to where GRRM is going with the overall story. In fact I'd be very surprised if they hadn't discussed with George what would go in season 5.

Archived