Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 5

ctid1977

Well we got the Christian Nairn comment and then afterwards we got the Isaac comment iirc, in separate interviews. That either means we don't have Hodor, or he was just mistaken. I don't remember the exact wording so couldn't really say about Meera. I think it would be odd for the show to just completely drop her off screen for a season after her brother has just died. I guess Bran could say to BR "She mourns for.her brother and wont talk to me" but meh, I feel it would be a shame.to leave her out. Just my opinion.though

It's possible that Bran will only have a few vision scenes in season 5.

Then how come someone responded "Not a chance. Neither in the books nor in the show."

It's left as a cliffhanger in the books.

Jon gets stabbed 3-4 times, and then the POV ends. We don't know if he's dead, although it's pretty clear he isn't.

Stabbed by multiple men intent on killing him, and he did not feel the last knife enter his body... that sounds pretty dead to me! How is Jon being alive clear?

MMMM...let's just say...heavy foreshadwing, and 3 years of theories extremly well supported?

I mean, any user could tell you why Jon is alive. Have you heard of Azor Ahai, warging, etc? Have you wondered why Varamyr's prologue was there? I don't think we have to debate it. You are new here, so it's understandable. There are three main theories about it.

-Jon has warged into Ghost. There's why he didn't feel the fourth knife

-Jon is dead and Mel resurrects him. He becomes AAR.

-Jon has actually survived the stabbing and he's just in coma. The less likely.

Also, thinking Jon is dead when he's one of the main characters, if not the main, is quite naive. Martin himself has said thinking Jon is dead could be very wrong.

Stabbed by multiple men intent on killing him, and he did not feel the last knife enter his body... that sounds pretty dead to me! How is Jon being alive clear?

It's not that it's clear that he's alive, it's clearly written to make us think otherwise. However, what IS clear is that Jon has avenues of staying alive and there's a lot of unfinished storylines with Jon. Plus I'm pretty sure George himself questioned somebody "What makes you so sure Jon is dead?"

All signs point to Jon being resurrected at some point.

The only thing we can say is that Jon is stabbed and it is left on a cliff hanger. The general consensus from people I speak to and read on line is that he is unlikely to be dead - the question is how they handle this for season 5. Will they finish the season on a cliff hanger or will they reveal how it all pans out. Outside of GRRM, D&D and some of their writing team I doubt many people know the real answer.

It's stupid to leave such a cliffhanger if then Kit is spotted filming season 6. That wouldn't work on TV.

There are a few options outside that:

-He gets stabbed and his fate is revealed in 5x10.

-He doesn't get stabbed.

-He gets stabbed, and dies. 0,00001% of chances.

If he's spotted during filming, that's only going to spoil it for those who wanted to find out his fate, which the audience will know sooner or later. It's within reason to draw it out for longer rather than explain it immediately... adds to the hype / interest. I think it's good either way, can't wait to see what they do.

Read that passage again and you'll notice how ambiguous and unreliable the description is. It's made to sound like "how can Jon ever survive this?!" but when you read it again, you'll see how he could. A knife "took him" in the back. What does that even mean? It could mean that he was stabbed, or maybe it doesn't. He can't even feel the third knife, so we don't know where that got him (or if it even did). The only CLEAR injury Jon suffers to the reader's knowledge is a stab wound to the stomach, and we don't know how bad that is.

Basically, without an actual fatal wound, I don't see how someone could say he's dead.

So I'm Unsullied remember, so I don't know details just the broader scope. I know that something happens to Arya's face I don't know how or what. Is it significant enough to where she'll be CGI all the time, or will makeup suffice?

I'd say she will use CGI and makeup. Arya's face is not changed the whole time.

Is it official that there will be no Iron Islands plot next year?

This article makes it seems like it is something official, but I can't remember the producers ever confirming (or denying) that.

ETA: ninja'd by Onion Sleight

That really isn't a very good article (accuracy wise I mean. Their "debunking" seems to be no more than guesswork of their own)

Well, James Hibberd is a reliable source, he had many exclusives from the show/producers, so I don't think it is just "guessing".

Archived