Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 5

ctid1977

That really isn't a very good article (accuracy wise I mean. Their "debunking" seems to be no more than guesswork of their own)

Yes but it's by James Hibberd and he gets his directly from d&d

Victarion and Euron are officially cut then

Edit: ugh sorry for double post I'm on my phone

How high are the chances that we get the R+L=J reveal in season 5?

0%. There's no reason for the show to spring that surprise seasons ahead of when it's actually going to become relevant to any of the plots; that's not how they structure their stories.

That really isn't a very good article (accuracy wise I mean. Their "debunking" seems to be no more than guesswork of their own)

I think each item has to be looked at on its own. I'm still confused about the Bran source, which seems to conflict with Isaac's own statements, but for the Ironborn they just state that "producers have previously indicated the Iron Islands subplot has been omitted", with no external citation or further explication. That makes it sound like the producers previously indicated this to Hibberd himself.

So if the Greyjoy uncles are to never show up will Balon just stay in Pyke doing nothing till the end of the show? I guess Yara could travel by land to Deepwood Motte, and continue her story according to her book material.

Well since Melisandre did the thing with the leeches, I think it's safe to say that he will die at some point. I really still feel like Euron will be cast, he'll be the only one, but I think he has a role to play going forward.

Asha/Yara will surely have a similar role to her book counterpart but just without the Kingsmoot part of her story. Instead, Euron will simply claim the throne and it will be his.

Wow. If this happens to be true and there is absolutely no Ironborn plot, does this is mean oldtown is cut altogether? I mean why sending Sam there? Just to have him study and reading some books for the next couple of seasons?

It's stupid to leave such a cliffhanger if then Kit is spotted filming season 6. That wouldn't work on TV.

There are a few options outside that:

-He gets stabbed and his fate is revealed in 5x10.

-He doesn't get stabbed.

-He gets stabbed, and dies. 0,00001% of chances.

- He gets stabbed, and he's then shown in a coma and/or it's strongly hinted that he's warged into Ghost in the moment of stabbing, or that he may survive some other way.

I put the chances of him not getting stabbed as as low as him getting stabbed and dying.

Wow. If this happens to be true and there is absolutely no Ironborn plot, does this is mean oldtown is cut altogether? I mean why sending Sam there? Just to have him study and reading some books for the next couple of seasons?

One possibility is that he goes to Braavos to study. There's probably a sizable library in Braavos.

Well since Melisandre did the thing with the leeches, I think it's safe to say that he will die at some point. I really still feel like Euron will be cast, he'll be the only one, but I think he has a role to play going forward.

Asha/Yara will surely have a similar role to her book counterpart but just without the Kingsmoot part of her story. Instead, Euron will simply claim the throne and it will be his.

Maybe in season 6. If the Dragohorn is essential D&D could foreshadow/build up it's reveal this season. I never liked how GRRM pulled it out of nowhere in book 4.

- He gets stabbed, and he's then shown in a coma and/or it's strongly hinted that he's warged into Ghost in the moment of stabbing, or that he may survive some other way.

I put the chances of him not getting stabbed as as low as him getting stabbed and dying.

That's still option 1, since I believe Jon will have scenes in the last episode.

And I honestly believe D&D could just decide to leave out the stabbing, if it doesn't lead anywhere.

One possibility is that he goes to Braavos to study. There's probably a sizable library in Braavos.

Sam studying isn't the important part, though. His going to Oldtown is about some combination of the Citadel conspiracy and Euron's invasion of the Reach (and, for all we know, some combination of other stories that will develop; since he keeps running into Jon's siblings, maybe he'll meet Sansa along the way). If neither of those things is happening, there's no reason for him to go anywhere.

Sam studying isn't the important part, though. His going to Oldtown is about some combination of the Citadel conspiracy and Euron's invasion of the Reach (and, for all we know, some combination of other shit; since he keeps running into Jon's siblings, maybe he'll meet Sansa along the way). If neither of those things is happening, there's no reason for him to go anywhere.

More info about the Others/White Walkers?

That's still option 1, since I believe Jon will have scenes in the last episode.

And I honestly believe D&D could just decide to leave out the stabbing, if it doesn't lead anywhere.

How could the attempted assassination of the Lord Commander by his own men (and those in high positions as well!) possibly not "lead anywhere"?!?!

It makes no sense to assume that D&D would want to cut the dramatic climax of Jon's story in ADWD/season 5. They try to create climaxes and make things more dramatic whenever they can, it makes zero sense to try to make it less dramatic.

I don't see how it wouldn't result in important events.

How could the attempted assassination of the Lord Commander by his own men (and those in high positions as well!) possibly not "lead anywhere"?!?!

It makes no sense to assume that D&D would want to cut the dramatic climax of Jon's story in ADWD/season 5. They try to create climaxes and make things more dramatic whenever they can, it makes zero sense to try to make it less dramatic.

Of course it will lead somewhere, but how drastic that change would be is the key here. Because if Martin just goes with the "Jon was in coma all along and just recovers", then they could just avoid it.

Of course, if the stabbing leads to GhostJon or AAR, it'll be shown.

Of course it will lead somewhere, but how drastic that change would be is the key here. Because if Martin just goes with the "Jon was in coma all along and just recovers", then they could just avoid it.

Of course, if the stabbing leads to GhostJon or AAR, it'll be shown.

I think we'll get one or both of those for sure.

Archived