How will Davos serve R'hllor again?

RoamingRonin

Her red eyes blazed like twin fires, and seemed to stare deep into his soul. "You do not believe me. You doubt the truth of R'hllor even now . . . yet have served him all the same, and will serve him again. I shall leave you here to think on all that I have told you. And because R'hllor is the source of all good, I shall leave the torch as well."

And what did she mean when she said that I had served her god and would serve him again? He did not like that either.

Assuming Melisandre wasn't just trying to frighten Davos, how will he serve R'hllor again?

I believe it has something to do with his quest for Rickon. Presumably he will bring the little prince back to Mel and bad things will happen. Or maybe he'll kill Mel and R'hllor will be happy because Mel is like auto correct to his messages. She always gets them wrong in the worst way.

Didn't he showed letter from NW which made Stannis go to the Wall? That counts as servitude to R'hllor cause if we believe Mel's report about Great Other and R'hllor.

Eh... I see it more as serving Stannis than R'hllor. Mel mentioned Davos rowing her to Dragonstone as a service. Reading that letter doesn't really compare.

I doubt serving Stannis and serving R'hllor are two discrete things for Melisandre.

Anyway, I don't think a vision prompted her to say this. I believe the next chapter Stannis has him brought up from the dungeon and reveals that Melisandre wanted him spared, so I took her comment here to be an ominous way of saying that he'll be given the chance to serve Stannis/R'hllor again.

Assuming Melisandre wasn't just trying to frighten Davos, how will he serve R'hllor again?

I believe it has something to do with his quest for Rickon. Presumably he will bring the little prince back to Mel and bad things will happen. Or maybe he'll kill Mel and R'hllor will be happy because Mel is like auto correct to his messages. She always gets them wrong in the worst way.

Remember when she specifically mentioned a bag of fingerbones as something that could be useful in constructing a glamor?

Next time you see Lord Davos, don't automatically assume that it is actually Lord Davos.

Good question, first time I see a thread on this.

Remember when she specifically mentioned a bag of fingerbones as something that could be useful in constructing a glamor?

Next time you see Lord Davos, don't automatically assume that it is actually Lord Davos.

This was my first thought as well, even though I hate the cheesy ass glamours with a passion.

The Rickon thing seems more likely, though

Good question, first time I see a thread on this.

This was my first thought as well, even though I hate the cheesy ass glamours with a passion.

The Rickon thing seems more likely, though

I thought it'd be something new and exciting so we could take a break from the Theon pity parties and Dany vs Stannis threads.

Eh... I see it more as serving Stannis than R'hllor. Mel mentioned Davos rowing her to Dragonstone as a service. Reading that letter doesn't really compare.

And Stannis is R'hllor's champion, thus serving him is serving her god. Not to mention that Davos is basically essential piece in Stannis going to North. Also, I assume any help of Davos to Stannis is actually seeing by Mel as servitude to R'hllor. And rowing her to Storm's End, not Dragonstone was service that was ordered by Stannis.

Since Melisandre is wrong about so many things I wouldn't spend a lot of time thinking about this prediction.

Which is an odd thing considering the other red priest we see seems to have far more reliable visions. Perhaps Melisandre is right about her visions, that she can see far more then others when they look into the flames, but priests like Moqorro know the type of questions to ask and/or know what to look for.

And Stannis is R'hllor's champion, thus serving him is serving her god. Not to mention that Davos is basically essential piece in Stannis going to North. Also, I assume any help of Davos to Stannis is actually seeing by Mel as servitude to R'hllor. And rowing her to Storm's End, not Dragonstone was service that was ordered by Stannis.

Is Stannis R'hllor's champion? Doesn't seem very likely.

Davos smuggled Melisandre so she could work her R'hllor-based magic. Davos relaying a message doesn't have that same feel of fire to it. The outcome didn't end in shadows or fire. Davos was working on his own. It wasn't requested of him. That's why I lean more towards the Rickon thing: Davos was tasked with this mission.

Which is an odd thing considering the other red priest we see seems to have far more reliable visions. Perhaps Melisandre is right about her visions, that she can see far more then others when they look into the flames, but priests like Moqorro know the type of questions to ask and/or know what to look for.

I think her visions are accurate, she just misinterprets them. Like seeing Jon Snow as AA.

meh, I dont buy that she has his fingerbones. When would she have got them?

Noticed this on while re-listening to ASOS.

"It was her work," Davos said again, more weakly. Her work, and yours, onion knight. You rowed her into Storm's End in the black of night, so she might loose her shadow child. You are not guiltless, no. You rode beneath her banner and flew it from your mast. You watched the Seven bum at Dragonstone, and did nothing. She gave the Father's justice to the fire, and the Mother's mercy, and the wisdom of the Crone. Smith and Stranger, Maid and Warrior, she bumt them all to the glory of her cruel god, and you stood and held your tongue.

Even when she killed old Maester Cressen, even then, you did nothing.

Archived