R+L=J v. 107

Rhaenys_Targaryen

Lol, you're one to talk about assumptions. At least mine is a reasonable one.

A woman was his downfall; a woman glimpsed from atop the Wall, with skin as white as the moon and eyes like blue stars. Fearing nothing, he chased her and caught her and loved her, though her skin was cold as ice, and when he gave his seed to her he gave his soul as well.

Yeah, sounds like an Other to me.

You might want to check out Val's Eye color & her description when viewed under the light of a Full Moon... See ADWDs...

And no. You have yet to show me where the Night's King MUST BE a Stark and a Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. You are drawing associations where there are none and treating them like criteria instead of a coincidence.

See AGOTs

You might want to check out Val's Eye color & her description when viewed under the light of a Full Moon... See ADWDs...

See AGOTs

I have seen theories that Val is like Mal but a priestess of Ice. I do find them intriguing.

As for the second bit: it doesn't state that the NK MUST be the LC of the NW, only that he was the LC of the NW. There's a difference.

She's also breathing warm air that can be seen in the air...a creature made of ice magic couldn't do that. She also very clearly can walk out during the day, and we are very clearly told that they only come at night. And why would her eye color change if she were an Other? They have blue eyes- not eye color that changes. There's also the clear problem of her being the sister to queen, a living human being that people know.

She sounds absolutely nothing at all like the woman the Night's King found, and nothing at all like an Other. A mistake with eye color has happened before and is the most sensible and realistic explanation for her eyes.

See AGOTs

That's not an answer - "read the book". If I knew about what you were talking about, I wouldn't ask, now would I? You still haven't shown me where the requirements for the Night's King being a Stark and LC of the NW are. If you can't, then I'll assume you have no evidence.

She's also breathing warm air that can be seen in the air...a creature made of ice magic couldn't do that. She also very clearly can walk out during the day, and we are very clearly told that they only come at night. And why would her eye color change if she were an Other? They have blue eyes- not eye color that changes. There's also the clear problem of her being the sister to queen, a living human being that people know.

She sounds absolutely nothing at all like the woman the Night's King found, and nothing at all like an Other. A mistake with eye color has happened before and is the most sensible and realistic explanation for her eyes.

I agree. Val might be a priestess of Ice but she's not an Other.

Honestly, I'm not sure if Val will be important at all. We'll see...

But as far as Jon becoming the NK, it completely ignores the Fire side of his blood, which is why I think it can and will never happen. It will play a big part in whatever transformation he has, and that is important.

But as far as Jon becoming the NK, it completely ignores the Fire side of his blood, which is why I think it can and will never happen. It will play a big part in whatever transformation he has, and that is important.

I totally agree with your last bit. This NK theory relies on on ignoring the Targ side to Jon which I find odd. He's the Ice and Fire he is not just Ice. We have someone for that...and it's not Jon.

ETA: for your first bit...yeah, I think Val is just there to contrast Mal, mostly. But i think it might take both of them (ice and fire) to bring back Jon

See AGOTs

I think GRRM said that he made a mistake with the eye colour of Val.For example in the beggining of GOT, he describes Renly as having blue eyes,later he describes Renly's eye colour

as green.I can make an entire theory based on that,Renly was replaced by a FM and now

plans to take revenge on Stannis?See?

Who is Mal??

Why can't they simply have a nice Targaryen orgy?? :/

Now that you mention it.......Do you think Aegon,Rhaenys and Visenya did something exciting?

'Frog-faced Lord Slynt sat at the end of the council table wearing a black velvet doublet and a shiny cloth-of-gold cape, nodding with approval every time the king pronounced a sentence. Sansa stared hard at his ugly face, remembering how he had thrown down her father for Ser Ilyn to behead, wishing she could hurt him, wishing that some HERO would throw him DOWN and CUT off his HEAD. But a voice inside her whispered,There are no heroes, and she remembered what Lord Petyr had said to here, here in this very hall. "Life is not a song, sweetling", he'd told her.

And all i can do is wonder,who is that Hero exactly?

'Frog-faced Lord Slynt sat at the end of the council table wearing a black velvet doublet and a shiny cloth-of-gold cape, nodding with approval every time the king pronounced a sentence. Sansa stared hard at his ugly face, remembering how he had thrown down her father for Ser Ilyn to behead, wishing she could hurt him, wishing that some HERO would throw him DOWN and CUT off his HEAD. But a voice inside her whispered,There are no heroes, and she remembered what Lord Petyr had said to here, here in this very hall. "Life is not a song, sweetling", he'd told her.

And all i can do is wonder,who is that Hero exactly?

Hmm... There's a name that comes to mind...

Does it start with a J, coincidentally...? :p

Agreed also. I think she is important within the hierarchy of that society, but, they are not kneelers and she seems to be uncomfortable with being called a princess by Stannis's people.

Certainly a Priestess in that society would be high-ranking, but her importance may be that she act as a guide to that world.

We see in this work, babies being born of fire-creepy shadow babies and babies being given to ice.

But, where are the women in the Others world?

Jon containing both elements of ice and fire, as a Stark and as a Targaryen, (the NK just happened to be a Stark), might be a natural counter. He contains the necessary bloodlines to seal the breach that may have taken place in disrupting the balance.

Totally agree. And if Mel is Bloodravens daughter, Mel could technically be his blood also through the Blackwoods, so he has people, Val and Mel who will be important to him finding his way, absent a Howland Reed.

BUT, they both may have very different motivations.

There was also Vals reaction to Stannis daughter that I though somewhat cruel, if not correct.

What a cutie!

From a distance lol.

As a black bear, he is only a little less lethal than Grizzlys. My aunt had a black bear rooting in her trash can, and her friend who lives in Montana found one asleep on her lounge chair on her deck.

And then my other friend who lives in North Carolina sent me a picture of a wolf who was in her trash can. She was like, "am I seeing what I think I'm seeing?" :P

They are beautiful though.

Here is another with the American Bald Eagle.

You can see the woman lives very much out in the wilds, but I also suspect the eagle has decided to become a "mooch" for the cats food. She is lucky that this eagle doesn't want to make her cat lunch however.

The one thing I absolutelely love is in Martins using such animal sigils is that he has also started a conversation on conservation.

Some have compared the idea of the Starks coming back to Winterfell to the wolves coming back to Yellowstone.

http://search.surfcanyon.com/search?action=selectSearchResult&session=6186480739270952469&ssMapKey=dest.acp6.eagle%25waiting%25for%25cat%25food%25youtube&initialRank=0&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DEdJqzVQEgIQ&now=1412514900380

on containing both elements of ice and fire, as a Stark and as a Targaryen, (the NK just happened to be a Stark), might be a natural counter. He contains the necessary bloodlines to seal the breach that may have taken place in disrupting the balance.

Pretty much think that's exactly where this is heading. I wonder if that's what Rhaegar thought as well...(really want to read that prophecy all ready)

From a distance lol.

As a black bear, he is only a little less lethal than Grizzlys. My aunt had a black bear rooting in her trash can, and her friend who lives in Montana found one asleep on her lounge chair on her deck.

And then my other friend who lives in North Carolina sent me a picture of a wolf who was in her trash can. She was like, "am I seeing what I think I'm seeing?" :P

They are beautiful though.

They only look lethal. They're really just snuggle cuddle babies! Like Jorah.

In terms of the Night Kings wife, I do think she was an Other, (which they sound humanoid to be able to reproduce), but she also sounds alot like Adara from Martins "The Ice Dragon" in terms of appearance.

"The ice dragon was a creature of legend and fear, for no man had ever tamed one. When it flew overhead, it left in its wake desolate cold and frozen land. But Adara was not afraid. For Adara was a winter child, born during the worst freeze that anyone, even the Old Ones, could remember.
Adara could not remember the first time she had seen the ice dragon.
"

"The ice dragon defeats the fire dragons, but afterwards the ice dragon is nowhere to be seen. Only a pond that had never been there before, a small quiet pool where the water is very cold. After the disappearance of the ice dragon the cold leaves Adara. She is then finally able to smile, laugh and weep like other little girls."

Hmmm, after reading this, I wonder if the boys who became the "Others" will be transformed back after the war?

Pretty much think that's exactly where this is heading. I wonder if that's what Rhaegar thought as well...(really want to read that prophecy all ready)

They only look lethal. They're really just snuggle cuddle babies! Like Jorah.

If the fates of life ever find us on a camping trip or at a lodge in the woods, I'll be by the fire drinking, watching you snuggle witht the "baars" because I'm a coward. :laugh:

HaHaHa, No one is going to hate the events of TWOW more than this board's participants... & that makes me smile on the inside...

--

Jon is a Bastard From the North... Nothing more... Perhaps had Ned told him about his blood, then it might have had a chance to influence his development, but Ned did not tell him & therefore Jon is just a Northern Bastard.

HaHaHa, No one is going to hate the events of TWOW more than this board's participants... & that makes me smile on the inside...

What, because you've read it and know what's going to happen? Do tell.

Jon is a Bastard From the North... Nothing more... Perhaps had Ned told him about his blood, then it might have had a chance to influence his development, but Ned did not tell him & therefore Jon is just a Northern Bastard.

I don't know what being a bastard from the North has to do with Jon being both ice and fire...because he is. Bastard or not, he's still half Targaryan. You can't simply 'ignore' that because it doesn't mesh with your own theories.

And not being told about his blood means nothing. He still has it...it will play a part. You might as well say that adopted kids won't look like their biological parents because they don't know about them. It's a preposterous statement.

Archived