Will Arya be sent to kill Sansa?

DamnDirtyApe

Apologies all round if this has been beaten like a dead horse. If it's been beaten like a dead horse, buried, and dug up to be beaten again, please heap mountains of scorn upon me as I so richly deserve.

So, for a long time I've thought that Sansa will eventually pick up enough tricks from Littlefinger (and the rest of her long experience with court intrigue) that she'll be able to betray him and send him running for the hills. I don't know how that will happen exactly, but I imagine that Harry the Heir figures into it strongly, perhaps being drawn over to Sansa's side through an application of the womanly arts. Anyway, I see him barely escaping the headsman's axe but otherwise ruined, outed as a kinslayer (killing your wife counts, right?), a kingslayer, and a general, all-around, naughty person.

I'd see him heading off to his ancestral home of Braavos in that event, and though he might still be wealthy by most people's calculations, in the wake of the collapse of his decades' worth of scheming, he finds that he has no reason to live. Accordingly, he walks into the House of Black and White with what fortune he has left and asks for revenge on the one who dispossessed him before surrendering to their ministrations. Arya, being fully trained at this point, and with a background in the customs of a Westerosi court, that while slim, outpaces that of her colleagues, is selected as the tool. The fact that she'd be undertaking a kinslaying would be something like a graduate thesis defense, given the Kindly Man's insistence that finally leave behind her old identity.

Anyway, just a spindly little hypothesis. I ain't married to it. Tear it to shreds at your leisure.

This and the Jon theory doesn't work.

One-She is not worth a FM contract. It has to be remembered that the FM require a sacrifice or you to pay based on what you value the most. That isn't always going to be money. It could be your life, your child, etc. Anyone who would want her dead would hire someone else that doesn't require a sacrifice.

Jon too.. He's already had an assassination attempt. He's shown himself vulnerable already.

Second-They're not going to send her to kill someone or to an area that could compromise her loyalty. The FM have lasted centuries. We're not talking about an incompetent organization.

It's been said oh she won't know the situation and that's how she gets sent after Jon or Sansa. I think that's irrelevant. When the KM sent her to get info on the insurance man I'm sure he already knew exactly who he was sending Arya after. Just because she doesn't know doesn't mean he doesn't. The KM gathers intel and a child wouldn't be his only source. The Alayne disguise is terrible and flimsy. The KM could certainly draw the conclusion as to who she might be. As for Jon Arya may already know who the LC was and the KM most certainly would know.

I don't think she would be sent to the Vale. There's nothing for her there. She's not going to kill LF. She doesn't fit the description of the one who kills him. The KM also knows she has a cousin there. That they don't know each other doesn't matter. She already has disciplinary problems. I don't see why they would send her to an area that has family/personal ties so early on when she has not proven herself to be able to set the personal aside.

Harry doesn't need to be killed by a professional. LF should be able to manage that easily himself if he wanted to kill him.

ETA: Plus, the potential foreshadowing for her are dragons, krakens, and possibly Varys and Illyrio as antagonists to her but nothing that is in the Vale.

I don't think she would be sent to the Vale. There's nothing for her there. She's not going to kill LF. She doesn't fit the description of the one who kills him. The KM also knows she has a cousin there. That they don't know each other doesn't matter. She already has disciplinary problems. I don't see why they would send her to an area that has family/personal ties so early on when she has not proven herself to be able to set the personal aside.

I think Arya will be sent to Westeros to kill someone...either for continual training or as a full blown FM. I think it has to be someone GRRM is portraying on the side of good or it wouldn't be that good of a story.

Who has the most money and could spend it on a FM? Lannisters

Who would benefit from hiring a FM? Lannisters

Then...who would be the most reasonable target? Stannis, Jon or Sansa...depending on who in House Lannister feels threatened.

IMHO

I think Arya will be sent to Westeros to kill someone...either for continual training or as a full blown FM. I think it has to be someone GRRM is portraying on the side of good or it wouldn't be that good of a story.

Who has the most money and could spend it on a FM? Lannisters

Who would benefit from hiring a FM? Lannisters

Then...who would be the most reasonable target? Stannis, Jon or Sansa...depending on who in House Lannister feels threatened.

IMHO

Cersei would never because what they're likely to ask her to pay is Tommen. What she values the most is power and her children give that to her. As I said they don't only ask for money. They might be especially likely to ask for Tommen if theories are true that the FM and the Iron Bank are linked. The Iron Bank gets rid of rulers who don't pay up.

I do think Arya will be sent to the Vale to kill someone, but she will be hired by Illyrio and the possible victims are LF and Harry the Heir

Also, Arya knows Sansa (obviously) so she can't be a target

I don't think Arya will stay with the FM in the end - at most an assignment in Westeros will facilitate her leaving - but depending on if Sansa's true identity is revealed, and we only have Littlefinger's word that said reveal is part of his plan, Arya could be sent, in theory. After all, she and the FM will be unaware that she actually does know Alayne Stone.

Or...

Sansa has already been found by the Mad Mouse, and he is of uncertain loyalties. If he sells Sansa's location to Cercei, then Cercei will almost certainly make an attempt on her life, considering that Sansa's still considered a coconspirator in Joffrey's assassination. The Vale is closed off to Lannister forces, so Cercei would need to hire an assassin. She doesn't have the funds to take out a contract on Sansa Stark, princess and heiress, but she could absolutely afford a contract on Alayne Stone, bastard heir to nothing. The House of Black and White sends Arya to kill Alayne Stone, because a 14~15 year old girl would be an easy enough target for an apprentice, and Arya's Westerosi background would help her blend into the Vale. Once Arya realizes her target is Sansa, that will provide the impetus to leave the Faceless Men.

It doesn't make sense. LF suddenly gets a daughter of the right age. The KM could already make a guess who that is especially when the marriage rumors come up. Cersei most certainly would not be willing to pay the FM's price. Not when she could have a random to do it. She is not going to make any sacrifice to kill someone else when she could just use Lannister money to pay someone else.

Cersei would never because what they're likely to ask her to pay is Tommen. What she values the most is power and her children give that to her. As I said they don't only ask for money. They might be especially likely to ask for Tommen if theories are true that the FM and the Iron Bank are linked. The Iron Bank gets rid of rulers who don't pay up.

May not be Cersei who approaches the Faceless Men about ridding of Jon, Stannis or Sansa.

Or Cersei hires FM to give the Gift to Margaery...or Tyrion.

May not be Cersei who approaches the Faceless Men about ridding of Jon, Stannis or Sansa.

Or Cersei hires FM to give the Gift to Margaery...or Tyrion.

Whoever Cersei asks to give the gift for she still has to pay the price. She will not be willing to pay it.

It doesn't have to be Cersei but it has to be someone who is willing to make a sacrifice and would not opt to just pay someone else to do it. For Sansa or Jon no one fits that description. Sansa wouldn't be a difficult target. Jon already as I said was almost able to be killed by people who aren't even professional killers.

If we review on Euron he made sense. He had something in particular that the FM might care about-a dragon egg. Cersei has no such thing. Euron doesn't care about his children so it wouldn't matter to him if they were taken away from him. At that point he didn't have power yet so they wouldn't ask for that either.

ETA: I don't think it's known enough that it's part of their philosophy even to the origin that they don't take it lightly. The sacrifice shows that the person really wants it. Death holds no sweetness as the KM said. There is a price they must pay. It actually would discourage many because they realize they don't want it that much. As LF said before the price is too high for many.

Whoever Cersei asks to give the gift for she still has to pay the price. She will not be willing to pay it.

It doesn't have to be Cersei but it has to be someone who is willing to make a sacrifice and would not opt to just pay someone else to do it. For Sansa or Jon no one fits that description. Sansa wouldn't be a difficult target. Jon already as I said was almost able to be killed by people who aren't even professional killers.

If we review on Euron he made sense. He had something in particular that the FM might care about-a dragon egg. Cersei has no such thing. Euron doesn't care about his children so it wouldn't matter to him if they were taken away from him. At that point he didn't have power yet so they wouldn't ask for that either.

You're arguing with logic...you're not suppose to do that!

You're arguing with logic...you're not suppose to do that!

It's not logic. Remember the waif's story. An actual human being on top of money was the payment. Her father must have valued his daughter the most in the world and he had to pay with her life-an eternal life of servitude to the FM and she is no longer with her father.

ETA: Furthermore, it wasn't even a little bit of money. To kill his wife he had to pay 2/3 of his wealth and give away his daughter forever. That is sacrifice. Most people would be unwilling to do something like that when they have other options.

It's not logic. Remember the waif's story. An actual human being on top of money was the payment. Her father must have valued his daughter the most in the world and he had to pay with her life-an eternal life of servitude to the FM and she is no longer with her father.

My main thought is that someone will hire the FM to give the Gift to someone in Westeros...act brings Arya back to Westeros. Where she goes from there...I'm not sure.

So to allow this to happen...I had to think of who would consider hiring the FM and who would be the target.

Archived