Assuming Jon and Aegon are both sons of Rhaegar

Red Rahloo Connington

I am a believer in R+L=J, that being said I also believe that Aegon is the son of Rhaegar as well. I understand why some believe in the fAegon conspiracy; but I am of the opinion that when Quaithe tells Dany "The glass candles are burning. Soon comes the pale mare, and after her the others. Kraken and dark flame, lion and griffin, the sun's son and the mummer's dragon. Trust none of them. Remember theUndying. Beware the perfumed seneschal." she isn't trying to say that Aegon is a fake Targaryen, but instead that he is the Mummer's Targaryen. And who has had the biggest hand in guiding Aegon all of is life? Varys, who so happens to have been a Mummer in his youth. That being said let us assume that R+L=J, and that Aegon is who he is told he is. From what Quaithe has said we know that Dany is not to trust Aegon. There are many possibilities as to why, this isn't what this post is about. I want to know your opinions on what Jons part will be in Aegon vs. Dany. Will he play the dutiful younger brother to the King, will he side with Dany, or will he remain neutral? I've read that many are of the opinion that Dany and Jon will marry. Personally, I am against that. Though I must admit, I do not like Dany much so I'm biased. What if Jon becomes King of the North, would that mean he has to fight his brother and Aunt? Could this Dance of the Dragons be three Targs fighting for the throne? If so how do you think Jon would get his hands on a dragon?

I guess I should start bracing myself for the basing I will get for being a Jon fanboy :D

I don't think Jon would fight for the throne, even if it is revealed he is a Targaeryen by nature. He's a Stark by nurture, and I don't think that a sudden revelation will change his nature. He probably won't interfere in the fighting in the South, so even if Aegon and Dany do fight each other (I'd want Aegon to win, he has the better claim, he has been trained since he was a kid to be a King), I don't think Jon's story will greatly impact them.

I also dislike Dany, so I want Aegon to win. If it comes out that Aegon's real, and Jon's his brother, I can see Aegon and Jon becoming friends. Aegon seems like a kind lad from Tyrion's POV (even when everyone else felt like leaving Tyrion to drown, he ordered them to fish him out). Plus, brotherhood between Jon and Aegon would cement the fractured Kingdom.

The North hates the Lannisters, what better way to bring them back together than having a Starkaeryen in the North with a Targ in the south?

Jon doesn't care about politics or power. He cares about saving the people of Westeros from the Others. Sadly, that's what a king should be doing at this point in the story, and none but Stannis have even lifted a finger to help.

Yeah, while the Wall still stands and the Others are still a threat, I don't see Jon getting involved in a war for the IT. I could see him raging at the idiots with the dragons burning people instead of ice zombies, but not really him crowning himself and starting a war with the south. Dany will have to bring the dragons north if Jon is going to get one.

I think Jon and Aegon will represent the choice of the Game or the Song for Dany, rather than Jon being involved in Aegon vs Dany. Basically, I think Rhaegar was wrong and Aegon isn't necessary to the fight against the Others. He might be the King who helps Westeros rebuild after, if he lives (possibly with a Baratheon queen) but that's another thread.

But part of his goal is to draw Dany to him, so they can join their claims and take Westeros in fire and blood. "Let my aunt come to me. In Westeros." Jon, on the other hand, is all about fighting the Others. So really it's going to be Dany choosing between the nephews, whether to help Jon or focus on Aegon - be it to join with Aegon or war with him.

Well theres probably only a fraction of a percent of readers who've finished the series and "assume" both of these things simultaneously

No readers have finished the series. The author hasn't finished it yet. One-half is a fraction.

Clearly mean the entirety of the series that has been so far published but yea helluva a point, and i am as aware GRRM hasnt finished it as i am unaware towards the point of any of your response.

Thanks for naming a fraction lol, yes one half is a fraction very good, what is your correction here? Beyond hilarious that you attempt to like make a joke and tell me one-half is a fraction, because in your mind somehow "a fraction of a percent" indicates somebody doesnt know the difference between a fraction and a percent, because you cant decipher the words in front " a fraction of a percent" which means a fraction of a percent, an actual term used to describe something less than 1%. But way to overall try to sarcastically respond and find issue with the smallest post, which in turn only made you look bad with your whole "one-half is a fraction" attempt at a joke/point against the context which was the result of you at first read not understanding the fundamental meaning of a fraction ofapercent, context clues and all.

I've read the entire series (up to this point) and, while I don't 'assume' both to be true, I think each are as plausible as any other explanation. Moreover, I think Aegon is real is a far more plausible theory than 'Faegon' is a Blackfyre (the basis for most of the Faegon theories) as the latter requires quite a tangential explanation in the narrative of the series. And I don't think I'm one of only a fraction of one percent that thinks this way.

Fair enough, but it's the result or effect. My own take is Martin will leave this ambiguous anyway - what POV is going to ever find definitive proof, unless we get a highly unlikely Varys pro/epilogue? Point is, most Faegon theories ultimately result in him being a Blackfyre, or at least that's been my impression.

There's only one prince who was promised. And seeing as neither dany nor (f)aegon have shown any knowledge of the others or any interest in westeros other then the throne and there's no mention of azor having dragons only a magic sword. I don't think dany or argon will ever meet Jon and I'm not sure his parentage will ever be confirmed.

One nit-pick: Aegon can be a fake dragon and Varys's dragon. They're not mutually exclusive. And even if he is a Blackfyre, he's still a dragon, just not Aegon Targaryen (so he'd still be a lie).

Having said that, if Aegon and Dany fight (which I think will happen whether Aegon is real or not), I don't see Jon taking a side. For one, neither Aegon nor Dany know who the hell he is or have reason to believe he's their relative. Unless and until he finds out who he is, they don't mean anything to him, either. They don't even know he exists. For another, an Aegon-Dany fight is just the sort of petty southern politics that Jon's been keen to avoid, focusing on the Others, the Wall and northern politics, insofar as northern politics affect the Watch. I don't see where he'd have an interest in his family's spat. He has bigger fish to fry.

One nit-pick: Aegon can be a fake dragon and Varys's dragon. They're not mutually exclusive. And even if he is a Blackfyre, he's still a dragon, just not Aegon Targaryen (so he'd still be a lie).

Having said that, if Aegon and Dany fight (which I think will happen whether Aegon is real or not), I don't see Jon taking a side. For one, neither Aegon nor Dany know who the hell he is or have reason to believe he's their relative. Unless and until he finds out who he is, they don't mean anything to him, either. They don't even know he exists. For another, an Aegon-Dany fight is just the sort of petty southern politics that Jon's been keen to avoid, focusing on the Others, the Wall and northern politics, insofar as northern politics affect the Watch. I don't see where he'd have an interest in his family's spat. He has bigger fish to fry.

I understand, wasn't trying to imply that the two were mutually exclusive.

I am of the opinion that the wall will fall and with it Jons tactical advantage. If he's to defend Westeros from the Others without the wall, he will need men (more than he has now). And if Westeros is divided between Aegon and Dany; I assume Aegon will come to Jon for help. Lets face it, Aegon isn't beating Dany while she's fighting with Drogon(Unless he pulls a Daemon Targaryen and vaults to her dragon with sword in hand). Being as there are only three known dragons, reluctant as he may be Jon might have to pick a side in order to steer Westeros to the right enemy. Assuming nobody else with Targ blood tames one of the Dragons.

One can also draw parallels with Dany vs. Aegon and Aegon II vs Rhaenyra, if Aegon chooses Rhaegal as his dragon. Drogon being black and Rhaegal being green. If this is true it also the personalities of the riders will parallel the behavior of the dragons. Rhaegal and Drogon being the more violent dragons and Viserion being most docile.

If Rob legitimized Jon, then Jon comes before Rickon in the line of succession. Rickon being alive doesn't undo Jon being legitimized, if he was.

That's unclear. Usually, the argument is resolved by counting the swords each of the claimants have. In any event, I don't see Jon getting involved in Daenerys versus Aegon - unless he thinks he can warg into a dragon, steal it and use it to fight the Others

Archived