TTTNE 441 - In honor of PISSED!

KJR the PR of TaFW

Hey spam.

I got a package in the mail today! That was very curious since I haven't ordered anything in quite some time. It was a long tube and had been shipped internationally... :ninja: It turned out to be a print of Vase of Flowers by van Gogh! :bowdown: And there was a mysterious message with it, but I am pretty sure I know who sent it :D Thank you so much! :grouphug: I love it!

Bucky: fajitas are seasoned beef ore chicken strips cooked with strips of bell peppers and onions and eaten in a small flour tortilla, possibly with cheese, salsa or other toppings.

Chicken fajitas are my #2 favorite food. (I guess I should upgrade them to #1, since I don't eat any pasta now, and really, I always ate them a lot more than Lasagna anyway

I LOVE Mexican food in general, and really love Tex-Mex. It doesn't always look as good as it taste though :lol:

Hey spam.

I got a package in the mail today! That was very curious since I haven't ordered anything in quite some time. It was a long tube and had been shipped internationally... :ninja: It turned out to be a print of Vase of Flowers by van Gogh! :bowdown: And there was a mysterious message with it, but I am pretty sure I know who sent it :D Thank you so much! :grouphug: I love it!

What a nice mystery. Any further info?

Hey spam.

that sounds lovely :)

Well, but you should not be leering like that, they thought you wanted them to dance in their underwear. :P

Thanks for the explanation too.

Night folks.

Oh sweet summer child , the tater does not leer gleefully at women he likes , the tater looks well and has good eye communication then actually asks someone he likes out , which I did since I had drinks with the singer just now ;)

Night night, bucky .

G'night Buck.

Oh sweet summer child , the tater does not leer gleefully at women he likes , the tater looks well and has good eye communication then actually asks someone he likes out , which I did since I had drinks with the singer just now ;)

Oooh, what did she say, if you don't mind me asking? :leer:

G'night Buck.

Oh we just just had a nice chat and some laughs . She turned out to be Colombian not Mexican . Actually half Colombian half English (her mom is English) It's nice to just meet interesting people like this (believe it or not I'm almost sociable when I'm kidnapped on a vacation ) she just travels with her group from one country to the next , it's a hotel tour basically , they just came from Turkey and they're going to Greece next . It was just nice fun :)

Hey spam.

Intriguing.

Project week is finally over... We presented our work to the rest of the school, and we entered the contest. There were some good ideas from the the other groups too, but I believe that our idea were one of the better ones. However, we still don't know if drinks would be as exciting with a lid on, and if people would actually feel more safe. Would you?

Nero - I don't drink but even if it isn't as exciting or w.e if it's supposed to keep me safe I'd still go for it. I like your idea, it's simple but so effective at the same time

That's just it , alcohol is not supposed to make you feel safe , it's supposed to give you the illusion that you're "wild" and "free" putting a lid on it is like going cliff diving with floaties ( a far metaphor) . It just defeats the purpose of pretentiousness because you're no longer "cool" or "badass" , you're safe , you have floaties , you're "lame" .

At any rate I think it's great that you guys are thinking and trying to make things better . :)

Intriguing.

Project week is finally over... We presented our work to the rest of the school, and we entered the contest. There were some good ideas from the the other groups too, but I believe that our idea were one of the better ones. However, we still don't know if drinks would be as exciting with a lid on, and if people would actually feel more safe. Would you?

Personally speaking? I think I would feel safer. I also agree with Potato actually - if you order a cocktail for example, you want the whole shebang - the little umbrella, the fruit on a stick, the fancy streamer things. It would be difficult to work with something like that I think. Maybe it would work well for beer and lager and stuff though? :dunno: But I mostly drink in friends flats/houses, so we have our own alcohol anyway.

I hope you do well though!

Potato - sounds like you are having a great time! I'm pleased.

I lost my oyster card today. Well, I suppose I know exactly where it is - on the overground from London Bridge to Victoria, via Crystal Palace. Although surely someone has picked it up by now. It fell out of my jeans pocket I guess :( So I couldn't get through the barrier at my station, and the rather unsympathetic guard charged me a £20 fine for not having a valid ticket. *sigh* As if I could have managed to get on that train from London Bridge without a valid ticket. I should have told him, I have a valid ticket, just not with me right now. But anyway. That is that, had to send off for a new one in case anyone has taken it and decides to try and use it. Rather unfortunately though, I also keep my flat key (our accommodation uses key cards rather than actual keys) in my oyster card holder, so I lost that too. Had to wait outside my accommodation for 20 minutes before someone came along and let me in (since you need the key card to access just about every door in the building), because no-one was at reception. Then I had to wait another 20 minutes for someone to show up at reception to issue me a new key. And they acted as though it was some great chore to them, and I was an inconvenience doing this too them on purpose. Yes, cheerful reception man, I really wanted to lose my room key and oyster card today just to inconvenience you. That is precisely why I got up this morning.

Anyway, thats done now. Will need to buy a temporary card tomorrow to keep me going until my new student oyster gets here. *sigh*

ETA: About the drink think. To clarify my position, I would feel safer, and I think it is somewhat practical for things like beer and lager and suchlike. But "fancy" cocktails etc. are mostly exciting because of the sparklers and umbrellas and fruit sticks and everything. I used to feel the same way about fruit mixes on holiday (or kids cocktails as they are sometimes called on pub menus) though, so that isn't limited to alcoholic drinks.

I'm sorry to hear about that Helena. One time I bought a much needed textbook with great difficulty and left it on the train home. Which was going to Scotland. I never got it back

I hate everything right now. Most of myself. I hate life. I'm fed up and sick and nobody gives a damn. People can be such insensitive selfish shits. I'm crying my heart out because I feel awful but people only care about themselves

I'm fed up

Oh we just just had a nice chat and some laughs . She turned out to be Colombian not Mexican . Actually half Colombian half English (her mom is English) It's nice to just meet interesting people like this (believe it or not I'm almost sociable when I'm kidnapped on a vacation ) she just travels with her group from one country to the next , it's a hotel tour basically , they just came from Turkey and they're going to Greece next . It was just nice fun :)

Nice fun is nice :) I thought you meant you asked her out on a date, but that'd be somewhat early :P

Getting to know people you wouldn't normally have contact with is great, it's one of the reasons I enjoy this board so much.

Intriguing.

I'd probably feel safer, yeah. Like fefe and Helena said it would take some of the excitement out of it though.

Intriguing.

Drinks are fine with a lid on them...they spill less.

Not all drinks in public settings are alcoholic.

I really like the idea

Thanks ,Helena :)

I'm really sorry to hear about the card :( it's so unfortunate when stuff like that happen , it's so silly and random and not your fault in anyway bit utterly ruins whatever you might have had in mind or good mood . Hope you don't get much trouble :grouphug:

Nym- just relax and give yourself some space . You can't make everything about other people , it has to be about you too . I'm one who'd laugh at the media norm of pushing being strong and independent into our face all the time , I think it's stupid and I think people are meant to be together and depend on each other and be happy as a whole . But here's the flip side , it's a pyramid , just like the pyramid of needs there's a pyramid of skills you must have in balance to succeed as a reasonable Normal human being . You need to be able to relay on yourself a little , to be pleased with what you are and the choices you make , you have to remember that it's your life and it's yours to enrich as you like with both darkness and brightness . You need to stand on your own two feet and hold your head high .

Fefe- she's a lovely woman but 1) She's blond 2) come on! This is a time for me to relax , I'm not straining anything 3) it's a weekend.

Yeah, life is an empty canvas and people are the paint and fate is the brush . Who's holding it ? Figure it out on your own .

Some pics here

that across the pond would be Palestine

one two

just a goofy thing I liked

and there you have it , lowest point on earth

Eta : I just noticed , they light up the pool

Thanks ,Helena :)

I'm really sorry to hear about the card :( it's so unfortunate when stuff like that happen , it's so silly and random and not your fault in anyway bit utterly ruins whatever you might have had in mind or good mood . Hope you don't get much trouble :grouphug:

Nym- just relax and give yourself some space . You can't make everything about other people , it has to be about you too . I'm one who'd laugh at the media norm of pushing being strong and independent into our face all the time , I think it's stupid and I think people are meant to be together and depend on each other and be happy as a whole . But here's the flip side , it's a pyramid , just like the pyramid of needs there's a pyramid of skills you must have in balance to succeed as a reasonable Normal human being . You need to be able to relay on yourself a little , to be pleased with what you are and the choices you make , you have to remember that it's your life and it's yours to enrich as you like with both darkness and brightness . You need to stand on your own two feet and hold your head high .

Fefe- she's a lovely woman but 1) She's blond 2) come on! This is a time for me to relax , I'm not straining anything 3) it's a weekend.

Yeah, life is an empty canvas and people are the paint and fate is the brush . Who's holding it ? Figure it out on your own .

Some pics here

that across the pond would be Palestine

one two

just a goofy thing I liked

and there you have it , lowest point on earth

Eta : I just noticed , they light up the pool

so incredibly beautiful!

and I love the goofy thing ;)

Potato you're right. I was talking to others in chat and it really hit me that this stress could seriously ve affecting my health. No wonder I have headaches

those pics are beautiful!

PALESTINE!! :wub: I went there four years ago, to Al-Aqsa and Dome of the Rock and prayed in both places. Jerusalem is a beautiful city and the people are lovely, seriously good memories. Also visited Hebron, Bethlehem and Jericho. It was amazing and I wish I could go back!

Bucky, happens to me a lot but that's probably my vit d

Reviving spam cause it's almost on page 2! Not acceptable!!!

Um guys, what is half and half?

Half milk, half cream. Our coffee places (almost all) carry it.

The fat free stuff tastes like milk which we already have so there was no point to buying it.

Thanks guys, I'm having fun , I like Mexican ladies the food ... not nearly as much

Sorry to hear that tiger lady , hope for the best

What are these alleged Mexican ladies doing in Jordan?

Part of weekend assignments done ... on a Friday evening ... what am I doing with my life?

*curtsey* I am here to entertain.

There is no such thing as fat-free cream. Cream is mostly fat, as far as I know. Very bad for you. But very good in sauces and desserts!

But the fat tastes yummy!

FRIDAY

Hi Lia!

How's your weekend going?

Ugh! I have done this! It's the worst! Fat free :ack: if it's fat free it usually means the fat is replaced by some kind of hydrogenated chemically junk. Down with fat free half and half

Yeah, it just does not taste right.

I'm home again! It's been two interesting days and I learned a lot of useful stuff.

Aah :lol: It's an easy mistake.

Well my mom always said, "Make sure you check the date on those internet videos before you go reposting them!"

Kidding.

My mom passed away well before the internet came into being, but it feels like the kind of thing a mom should say. :P

Spent the day working on shark slippers but I am worried the opening is too small, so I need to hear back from the person wanting them before I add all the fine details to them.

Gods those are clever.

Chickee might need some shark slippers to go with the viking hat. ;)

G'night Buck.

First!

How are you, my friend?

I hate everything right now. Most of myself. I hate life. I'm fed up and sick and nobody gives a damn. People can be such insensitive selfish shits. I'm crying my heart out because I feel awful but people only care about themselves

I'm fed up

:grouphug:

Really like those. Nice of your sis to "abduct" you.

Right on the Dead Sea? I am not sure I've ever seen a picture of it before. I remember hearing that its salt content is so high that it increases buoyancy a lot and humans float like corks.

Archived