Formula 1 - 2015 Ferrari Rising

The BlackBear

I don't know what the next season is going to be like, but one positive is that it looks like the driver who might be F1's worst looks like he is on his way out...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/35463741

It's good to see Magnussen back as well, it seemed a bit harsh that he got dropped after a decent debut season (even if it was understandable given his replacement), although at least he didn't have to drive last year's McLaren.

I think this could be the season they lose me. I don't have access to sky this year and don't see that changing and unless channel 4 dramatically improve their online catch-up service I suspect I'll be missing whatever races they get. If I thought it was going to be an exciting season I may make the extra effort but unless Ferrari (or someone else) close the gap to Mercedes I'm going to be relying on Rosberg to challenge Hamilton for entertainment.

I don't know who's ultimately in charge of TV distribution of the sport in the UK but it feels like they are systematically trying to destroy the fanbase by making it inaccessible. At a time when the level of excitement in races is pretty low.

The one good thing about Channel 4 getting the leftovers is that it's run by a production company that Coulthard. humphries and a guy who directed the first few years of the BBC coverage. I guess that means we get Coulthard still and the BBC coverage was best at the start. It's just a shame we don't get all the races and a not so great playback service.

To channel 4's credit they have promised not to have ads during live races. It's just a shame they only get 10 out 21.

1 hour ago, Which Tyler said:

This is why F1 needs to keep Red bull involved in the sport as they seem to go to much better lengths to engage a non F1 audience.

Archived