MMA & Boxing 15 - Cain Velasquez spends so much time injured he should play for Arsenal

Davrum

So the reason the UFC scratched the Rory vs Lombard fight was because Lombard tested positive for PEDs after his 182 fight with Burkman.

NSAC's reason for the month long delay in announcing the failed test? Because no one asked them, lol.

Ok,

over on Junkie all eight of their writer's have Bendo over Thatch tonight.

Seriously?

Thatch is a beast, and imho, is a future champion in the make.

I was already leaning towards Thatch in this one. Then I saw the weight ins, and Thatch fucking TOWERS over Bendo. I really like Bendo, but could see him getting lit up real bad tonight.

Well I'm freaking impressed. Early on it looked like Thatch would run away with it, but damn Bendo, way to get it done!

I think the haters should cut him some slack on his supposed lack of finishing ability when he takes out a killer like that guy. He's always fighting the best. He came up a division and got It done against a big, mean welterweight.

Not sure about him vs. Rory McDonald, but he showed me tonight, so maybe he's not totally off his rocker.

Rory Mcdonald is one of the only fighters I truly dislike so I hope Benson kills him. I don't think it will happen but I like the fire he showed in calling him out.

How do you not like Rory? He's so creepy, what's not to like?

Rory's five times the fighter Thatch is, it'd be curtains for Bendo if he fought the Psycho.

Ok,

over on Junkie all eight of their writer's have Bendo over Thatch tonight.

Seriously?

Thatch is a beast, and imho, is a future champion in the make.

I was already leaning towards Thatch in this one. Then I saw the weight ins, and Thatch fucking TOWERS over Bendo. I really like Bendo, but could see him getting lit up real bad tonight.

It wasn't all 8, it was 7/8. Last year's bottom-placed picker Gorgeous George had Thatch. :lol:

Is that the case? I was pretty sure they had picked unanimously.

Got nothing to say about it now ... cause they were right.

It is always interesting hearing which fighters rub certain fans wrong.

Sometimes its obvious a la Chael Sonnen, or a Tito Ortiz. Other times not so much.

Rory MacDonald is one of the few fighters you truly dislike?

Why? (I ask this out of purely out of astonished curiosity).

So Anderson also failed his fight night test. Testing positive for Drostanolone (the anabolic steroid - again) and some Benzodiazepines which are prescribed for insomnia and anxiety. This may be a controversial opinion but this allows me to look at his legacy a bit more favourably.

I'll explain why. Before this it looked REALLY bad. Basically the first time he's been subject out random out of competition testing and he pops for steroids, not only that but 10 days later he gets tested again and is clean. Which suggests that he was doing it for a long time, cycling off it etc etc. However the fact that he also got popped on fight night suggests an anomaly, I assume he's always had to do fight night tests and the fact that he tested positive suggests to me that this was likely the first time he did it (or one of the only times). I see it as being a desperate attempt to come back so quickly after a horrible injury and an attempt to deal with the pressure of being labelled the greatest fighter ever and needing to be able to perform for his comeback - we all saw how much it meant to him after the fight. And the Benzodiazepines seem entirely consistent with that. I don't know, I really want that to be how it is, I certainly wouldn't give someone like GSP this much benefit of the doubt but I love Anderson...

Looks like we will have 2 new champs after UFC 189.

I'm picking Rory but there's no fucking way McGregor will beat Aldo, I'd be surprised if he got one round, honestly. Interesting that that fight is above the WW title fight on the card, usually the UFC defaults to the higher weight class if there are two title fights on a card.

There are some fucking awesome events coming up though. I really hope they don't get fucked by injuries.

UFC 185: Pettis vs dos Anjos, Esparza vs Polish lady, Hendricks vs Matt Brown, Nelson vs Reem

UFC on Fox 15: Machida vs Rockhold, Jacare vs Romero and Herrig vs Paige VanZant (P4P sexiest card)

UFC 187: Jones vs Johnson, Weidman vs Belfort, Cerrone vs Khabib

If reading that doesn't make you salivate please GTFO

Archived