MMA & Boxing 15 - Cain Velasquez spends so much time injured he should play for Arsenal

Davrum

UFC new drug testing rules: 3 years suspension for first time failed test for anabolic steroids, 1.5 years for first time failed test for marijuana. I cannot fathom why they think it's a good idea to ban first time marijuana users for 1.5 years, that's even more harsh than NSAC, I don't understand...

edit: my bad that was NSAC's new drug testing rules, UFC will follow them when they they're regulating themself in overseas fights and it's likely that other commissions will follow suit.

edit 2: failed drug tests result in a loss rather than NC. Diuretics and stimulants are now always banned, as opposed to only being banned in competition which sounds very concerning depending on what they class as a stimulant.

Since people are actually talking about boxing in this thread now too, it's worth a mention that the undercard of Golovkin's big drama show tomorrow night is one Roman Gonzalez, a flyweight making his HBO debut (and his second appearance on US TV, I believe), who is considered by a lot of pundits to be the second best fighter in the world right now. Very exciting attacking boxer, and he has 36 knockouts out of 42 wins, which for a flyweight is ridiculously impressive.

I saw HBO and others hyping him up and will be excited to watch him fight before GGG slaughters Monroe.

It's blacked out in the US on UFC.TV. Won't be watching it then. Oh well.

No Fox Sports?

UFC 187 is this weekend. Kinda depressing because of what this card could have been and of course because of Jon Jones :(. I don't really get the hype for Weidman vs Vitor, Weidman will roll over him and it will mean nothing because Vitor is a 38 year old who is fighting without PEDs for the first time since no-one knows. Rumble vs Cormier is pretty compelling though, I'll be able to enjoy it regardless of what happens because I'd be happy with either outcome; I like Rumble so it would be nice if he won but if Cormier wins it would be harder for the UFC to claim it's the "undisputed" title. Jon Jones is the best fighter in the world, that belt is meaningless.

Holy shit, Arlovski vs Travis Browne was insane.

Just got home and saw that headline...awesome. So Belfort hurt Weidman? Kind of surprising.

ETA: Just saw highlights from the Arlovski fight and damn!! I'm shocked that andrei survived that bomb he got hit with and kept going. Usually that knocks him dead out but he kept on, good to see. What a fight!! He hurt Browne like 3 times bad.

Just got home and saw that headline...awesome. So Belfort hurt Weidman? Kind of surprising.

ETA: Just saw highlights from the Arlovski fight and damn!! I'm shocked that andrei survived that bomb he got hit with and kept going. Usually that knocks him dead out but he kept on, good to see. What a fight!! He hurt Browne like 3 times bad.

Yeah for a second it looked like Vitor was going to summon TRTVitor and KO Weidman but when Weidman took Vitor down he had nothing. Brown was so rocked when he rocked Arlovski that he could barely even stand up, his attempt to capitalise was hilarious. The heavyweight division is so crazy.

Holy shit, Arlovski vs Travis Browne was insane.

That one was fantastic. Amazing blows from Arlovski, unbelievable how much punishment Browne took.

Yes he floored Arlovski once but for the rest he took like 15 punches to the face. Jesus. This was a very spectacular battle.

Weidmen vs Belfort was over so quickly, did not live up to my expectations.

I was very impressed with the Cormier vs Rumble fight though. Cormier has such amazing strength, Rumble is a beast and even then Cormier just took him down on sheer strength. Cormier seems like a horrible fighter to have to go up against. He just bullied Johnson.

I haven't exactly been pulling for Rhonda lately, but with Beth Correira now taking shots at the fact that her father committed suicide, I'm fully in her corner for this next one.

That's some low shit imho.

Of course, I have that kind of MMA luck where that probably means Beth will be the one to win this.

I haven't exactly been pulling for Rhonda lately, but with Beth Correira now taking shots at the fact that her father committed suicide, I'm fully in her corner for this next one.

Of course, I have that kind of MMA luck where that probably means Beth will be the one to win this.

I've been reading Ronda's book. It's a little preachy for me, but man she is intense. It's hard to imagine Beth standing a chance against her.

I don't think Correira was trying to evoke Ronda's father when she said that, just got carried away with her shit-talking game, which I'll never hold against any up-n-coming girl fighting Ronda, as it's the same schtick Ronda herself used when she first got to Strikeforce and was trying to make a name for herself.

I agree with buff daddy, as far as I can find, Bethe only said that she hoped Rhonda didn't kill herself if Bethe won the belt because Bethe would if so like a rematch to beat Rhonda up again. She never mentions Rhondas father, so it's probably just an unlucky coincidence. To draw the conclusion that Bethe was making a comment on Rhondas father seems pretty weird to me, if we're suddenly start to make our own connections between comments and personal life without any apparent hint of such a connection actually existing, every trash talk suddenly becomes a minefield.

Archived