MMA & Boxing 15 - Cain Velasquez spends so much time injured he should play for Arsenal

Davrum

It was really his second defence, and he didn't fight like balls. He fought pretty well but made some tactical errors. But I have no problem with Rory getting the next shot. That'll be an awesome fight and it'll be awesome to see Rory become champ.

On a side note: I recommend listening to the next fighter and the kid podcast (I don't think it's out yet). Joe Rogan laid some cold hard truth on Brendan Schaub about his career, his skill level and his commitment to the sport.

It was really his second defence, and he didn't fight like balls. He fought pretty well but made some tactical errors. But I have no problem with Rory getting the next shot. That'll be an awesome fight and it'll be awesome to see Rory become champ.

On a side note: I recommend listening to the next fighter and the kid podcast (I don't think it's out yet). Joe Rogan laid some cold hard truth on Brendan Schaub about his career, his skill level and his commitment to the sport.

Where did Rogan do this? On Fighter and the Kid or on Joe Rogan Experience? The JRE is a little long for me so I don't listen to every episode, but I like the ones that he primarily talks MMA.

Where did Rogan do this? On Fighter and the Kid or on Joe Rogan Experience? The JRE is a little long for me so I don't listen to every episode, but I like the ones that he primarily talks MMA.

I think it was for the Fighter and the Kid, I'm not even 100% sure if they're gonna release it though. Schaub didn't seem too happy with it. He definitely wasn't expecting it. Anyway, here's a sneaky unlisted link. 'The talk' starts at about 10-20 mins in.

It was really his second defence, and he didn't fight like balls. He fought pretty well but made some tactical errors.

He had good passages but ultimately, when Johny admits he fought like balls - or worse, "stopped fighting" after R3 - I tend to agree with him. And I say this as someone who's always rooted for him due to his Junkie/TAGG Radio links. After a classic first meeting both guys produced long passages of tediousness in the rematch. I'm a long way from clamouring for Hendricks/Lawler III and curious to see if/how the much-hyped Rory's improved since his first fight with Lawler.

On round two of Hendricks lawyer II: thus my inclusion of "iirc". I'll have to watch the fight again sometime but I really don't remember round two being a clear blow out for Johnny. But I'll just give you that one because it was a long fight, and I do tend to watch my ufcs stoned as hell, so my details could be off on that for sure.

Still, you didn't dispute round one could be given to Lawler (I'd personally argue, it should be given to Lawler. Damage > control to me). You agreed round five was his. You admit round four was pretty close. Doing the math there .... how is this a robbery or whatever you want to claim it?

Lawler's a deserving champ and I'm happy for him.

Excited as hell for Lawyer/Hendricks III or Lawler/McDonald II. As much as I love dominant champs, divisions in chaos are way more interesting imho.

I think it was for the Fighter and the Kid, I'm not even 100% sure if they're gonna release it though. Schaub didn't seem too happy with it. He definitely wasn't expecting it. Anyway, here's a sneaky unlisted link. 'The talk' starts at about 10-20 mins in.

Interesting. How is that up and no one knows about it?

I think Rogan makes a good point, that Schuab is never going to be an elite fighter because he started to late. I'm interested to see if that makes it into an official F&K podcast.

It probably should have been a personal conversation but really glad it wasn't (probably somewhat selfish). It was really great to see on so many levels; you could see Rogan really cares for Schaub it was tough for him to see but he really meant everything he said and he felt like Schaub needed to hear it. I wish I had a friend half as good as Joe Rogan. Then there was the aspect of Schaub's insane delusions of grandeur being confronted with reality, it was great.

Schaub also talked about the Reebok deal which was quite interesting. All of Schaub's sponsors (or at least 6 major ones) dropped him after they announced the deal which is pretty bad. Schaub said he used to make twice as much from sponsors than he did from the UFC which is a lot. Somewhere between 60-120k per fight (his deal his 32/32k I believe). Schaub said UFC 181 was the lowest amount he's ever made. So until the deal kicks in he's getting pretty fucked and even when it does kick in there's no way he's making anywhere near the amount his old sponsors were giving him. Hmm

Rose looked awesome again on TUF. The titlefight is this weekend along with some fun fights on the FOX show, should be a good weekend. Happy to see JDS back in action. I'm picking Rose to beat Carla, she's so deadly I just can't see her being wrestlefucked or picked apart on the feet.

In slightly sadder news Franciso Rivera needs to get eye surgery after Faber tried to dissect his cornea. That fight should really be ruled a NC but of course they won't do it because they're useless sacks of shit. But next time someone wins and tests positive for weed they'll be all over that, fuck that pisses me off.

There has been some fucking bizarre judging recently, those 49-46 scorecards for JDS are pretty bad. Glenn Trowbridge was responsible for one of them, he's the mentally challenged judge who gave Lawler 49-46. I think even the guy who had it 48-47 kinda fucked up, he gave the 1st round to JDS and the 5th of Stipe...

oh yeah and I almost forgot to mention that women's fight. It was kinda weird because the Brazilian woman hit the Polish woman after the fight for some reason but no-one told the judges to deduct anything so that fight should definitely have been scored for the Brazilian, I actually thought that was a robbery.

There has been some fucking bizarre judging recently, those 49-46 scorecards for JDS are pretty bad. Glenn Trowbridge was responsible for one of them, he's the mentally challenged judge who gave Lawler 49-46. I think even the guy who had it 48-47 kinda fucked up, he gave the 1st round to JDS and the 5th of Stipe...

oh yeah and I almost forgot to mention that women's fight. It was kinda weird because the Brazilian woman hit the Polish woman after the fight for some reason but no-one told the judges to deduct anything so that fight should definitely have been scored for the Brazilian, I actually thought that was a robbery.

It's really amazing how judges still can't get it right. I turned on HBO after UFC and only saw like the last 3 rounds of one of the undercards for the Bradley card but apparently the fight was really close with the champ getting the nod from Lederman, who had it 7-5 I think. The judges had it 8-4 twice and 9-3 for the non-champ and Kellerman was beside himself basically saying these idiots are just helping to kill boxing. It will just never end.

Fuck that was a close/tough fight. I have it 48-47 JDS. It's hard seeing JDS in these 5 round wars man, so brutal for him and he's such a fucking likable guy.

Dos Anjos was awesome, I really love the way he fights.

It's like you went into my head and wrote down the exact thoughts I had. What's crazy about the judging is all three gave R1 to JDS, when I thought that was the clearest round Stipe won.

I also thought Gadelha had won 29-28 but the after-the-bell stuff was ugly. Not as ugly as Jon Fitch's knee after some special attention from Paul Harris, but still pretty ugly. Shame to mar an otherwise fun battle from the ladies.

So what are they gonna do with JDS now? He clearly deserves to be back in the title picture, fighting Weredum but are they really gonna do that? There's a good chance that he'd beat Weredum again and the problem with that is no-one wants to see him fight Cain again - that's just a terrible idea. Those fights with Cain took fucking years off his life.

and Dana said that Dos Anjos is getting the next title shot because Khabib is injured. I'm cool with that, should be an interesting fight.

I like RDA but I think Pettis will be too fast.

As for Junior, I don't know. If he was evolving his game I'd be more excited about him moving pack into position to challenge Cain again but he refuses to do anything other than box.

Archived