Characters you think died too early or too late.

Your opinions on which character died too early in the story, as in you wish you could've seen them more or do more, and which character wore out their welcome and got tired and you wished they were killed earlier.

My picks

Too early: Oberyn easily. I really wish we could've seen more of the Red Viper. I really enjoyed all his interactions with Tyrion, his backstory, his reputation in the story, and also his motivations. Plus, I think we should've seen more of his fighting prowess with opponents unlike the Mountain such as Jaime, Loras etc. It was really sad to see him go in such a brutal way in that battle.

Too late: Pycelle. I have no idea why Pycelle was ranked as one of the smartest people in the story. I never saw anything smart in him. Just a stupid old man who sucks up to the Lannisters a lot. I just got sick of seeing him playing the old, tired and "wise" codger who is totally innocent and loyal to anyone who seeks his advise. We all know he's doing it as an act and I have no idea why he survived so long. One of the only times I've ever really liked Cersei is when she called out Pycelle on his BS in that part in AFFC. Thank Varys and his "little birds" for getting rid of this idiot.

Too early: Oberyn, Khal Drogo, Renly

Too late: Brienne (But alas, she's still not dead), Lysa Arryn (Lol she should never have existed in the first place)

Right on time: Catelyn, Quentyn (lol Quentyn was an idiot)

Too early: Hoster Tully, Joffrey, Viserys

Too late: Don't really know. A lot of characters that I feel should have died earlier are actually still alive.

Oh, add Hoster to my "too early" and Joffrey/Viserys to my "Right on time" haha

too early: Jon Arryn - I would love too see at least one scene with him!

Viserys - He deserved better, methinks.

Quentyn - if he is really dead. poor boy.

as much as I like Oberyn, I think he died in a perfect moment of the story. same for Ned.

too late: Balon Greyjoy - whou wouldn't like Euron to appear earier in the story?

Drogo - i don't like at all.

it is tempting to put ser Gregor as "too late"(if we count him as dead), but on the other hand, he died from Oberyn's poison, which is satysfing.

Archived