Iron from Ice discussion (spoilers)

shmewdog

I was thinking (and I have no idea where the Forrester lands are or if this game cares.) that maybe there is a cave or other underground passage on Forrester lands that leads beneath the wall to the grove. Part of the cave structure that Gendel and Gorne used maybe.

I think Telltale is going to stick the Forester land next to the Whitehills and they'll be as large as they need to be.

Which will infuriate some fans.

This is very much premature speculation, but if there is a Season 2, it will probably take place during Season 5 of the show, right? That means we will probably see the Forresters joining Stannis in his war against Bolton.

Game!Ramsay is much more terrifying than Show!Ramsay.

This is very much premature speculation, but if there is a Season 2, it will probably take place during Season 5 of the show, right? That means we will probably see the Forresters joining Stannis in his war against Bolton.

Game!Ramsay is much more terrifying than Show!Ramsay.

I think the forrester's joining Stannis is the first season's finale. Quite certain of that tbh.

The only problem I had was that we already know Ramsay, Cercei and Tyrion and what to expect from them. But the characters we play surely don't. I'd actually prefer if in this game the main characters from asoiaf didn't influence the story as much.

Also who is the Coal boy working for? Varys, LF or someone else?

Cant wait for the next episode.

The only problem I had was that we already know Ramsay, Cercei and Tyrion and what to expect from them. But the characters we play surely don't. I'd actually prefer if in this game the main characters from asoiaf didn't influence the story as much.

To be fair, this is a show which is built on strong characterization and characters. Not using them would be a waste.

Also, the characters would probably know them pretty well.

Mira has been in King's Landing long enough to know Cersei is a crazy person.

What's interesting is the Telltale forums are FILLED with people playing the game who don't watch the show. They seem to enjoy it but I can't help but think they're missing massive amounts of stuff.

Freedom my ass, when that Whitehill prick mentioned he didn't get bread and salt, my first thought was, I won't give it to him and then I will order them killed, walls were lined with my soldiers and he had just few, I refused to give him the bread and salt but I never got the option to kill them. It fucking ruined the game, I was not a lonely handmaiden or pigfarmer's son at the time I was a fucking lord, nothing would stop me from killing my guest even if I had given him bread and salt and this way it's not even dishonorable.

Seems like the only choices you make concerning the final confrontation are whose your Lord-Sentinel and whether you meet them at the gates or hall. Why even ask whether you want to fight?

Also Masterly House Glover has bannermen who are themselves Lords, who have small council meetings (very much unlike the Starks or Stannis), have Lord-Sentinels. And control land stretching from the coast, to the Kingsroad and beyond. Also if these are Glover bannermen, why are the kids playing in the woods, isn't Iron-born controlled Deepwood Motte like a mile away at best judging by the map intro?

i like tell tales games - at least i enjoyed walking dead. havent tried the others...

im reserving judgement on this one as im annoyed right now that you seemingly cant change Ethans fate. i know theres a delicate balance the game makers have to follow. However i think you ought to be able to change an outcome, and if a hard end has to come then have that story line lead to it in a follow on chapter.

i want my choices to matter and right now they dont seem to be...

Also who is the Coal boy working for? Varys, LF or someone else?

Cant wait for the next episode.

I played twice, and both times I agreed to cooperate with whatever plan Tyrion had in mind. It seems to me most other people did too, since Tyrion is well-liked. But now I wonder if it was any good. The purple wedding is soon: Joffrey will die and Tyrion will be imprisoned. Do I want to be seen as his close ally? I thought the boy was Varys's, but little brds have their tongue cut-off. Since he is interested in Forresters, his beneficiary could be having Northern ambitions (ironwood), or simply wants to manipulate Margaery's handmaiden. That would be littlefinger's work. Something to do with the poisoning, may be?

I am a bit disappointed at the same ending whether you choose to fight, call Ramsay in, or meet him at the gates. Never played a telltale game before. Bought this on an impulse. But the tension of making decision is thrilling.

I played twice, and both times I agreed to cooperate with whatever plan Tyrion had in mind. It seems to me most other people did too, since Tyrion is well-liked. But now I wonder if it was any good. The purple wedding is soon: Joffrey will die and Tyrion will be imprisoned. Do I want to be seen as his close ally? I thought the boy was Varys's, but little brds have their tongue cut-off. Since he is interested in Forresters, his beneficiary could be having Northern ambitions (ironwood), or simply wants to manipulate Margaery's handmaiden. That would be littlefinger's work. Something to do with the poisoning, may be?

I am a bit disappointed at the same ending whether you choose to fight, call Ramsay in, or meet him at the gates. Never played a telltale game before. Bought this on an impulse. But the tension of making decision is thrilling.

Talking to Cersei and Ramsay was incredibly nerve-racking XD

Talking to Cersei and Ramsay was incredibly nerve-racking XD

Exactly. First time, I swore fealty to the king and then it showed 'Maragery will remember that'. Damn it. Next time I stood strong since whatever you say Cersei is displeased. I could at least impress Margaery and Tyrion. But the Throne room scene was my favorite.

When Margaery rearranged the wedding seating saying allies and enemies can be made from this, you see her placing Brienne next to a Lannister. Margaery ships Brienne/Jaime. ;-)

LOL.

I admittedly squealed when I saw Jon Snow in the 'next episode preview' at the end. I didn't think I'd have this much fun with the game, but I am.

I've played through he game once, but am I the only one who thinks that Gared is the Gared who deserts the Night's Watch?

He leaves to go to the Wall during season 4 of the show. He couldn't be the deserter, as the deserter was already beheaded long ago by Ned Stark.

Some people in Telltale forums pointed out that Mira might have appeared in the show.

Here's the link if someone's interested.

https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/87932/mira-was-in-the-show

I think that scene was foreshadowing for Margaery's trial, and they will make her say she was getting moon tea for Margaery. I had looked for Mira in the scene where Olenna looks at the necklaces for the wedding, in case the game used one of the actresses as model for Mira . Didn't think anyone of them looked like Mira.

Seems like the only choices you make concerning the final confrontation are whose your Lord-Sentinel and whether you meet them at the gates or hall. Why even ask whether you want to fight? Also Masterly House Glover has bannermen who are themselves Lords, who have small council meetings (very much unlike the Starks or Stannis), have Lord-Sentinels. And control land stretching from the coast, to the Kingsroad and beyond.

The needs for a small council and for a Sentinel are a direct consequence of the presence of conflicting political factions within the House. Starks have no need for that because they don't have comparable conflicts, and Stannis does not need them either, for completely different reasons.

Also if these are Glover bannermen, why are the kids playing in the woods, isn't Iron-born controlled Deepwood Motte like a mile away at best judging by the map intro?

Whatever measures had to be employed to keep the woods safe for the House were by necessity taken, else it would be in an unsustenable economic position. Perhaps most of its forces are deployed in a huge perimeter around the woods.

Archived