What if Daemon was right?

Trogdor Targaryen

And he didn't. So by your own logic Daeron was his son. Of course, he was a better person than Aegon. That's why he hated him.

The fact that he liked Daemon is very troubling indeed where character is concerned. Aegon only tolerated absolute scums. If he was so thrilled with this martial kid, that meant that he saw him as, "Wow, he can make even more mischief than I do now! Awesome!"

he liked daemon more because he did not back talk he's dad at every opportunity (although aegon probably deserved it) and was incredibly charismatic.

The swords Blackfyre and Dark Sister are used by warriors, Daeron was no warrior, so it wouldn't suit him to keep a sword like that, that doesn't make Daemon king, if he was supposed to be king, Aegon IV would have told the court or he would at least have written a document.

You know, I' just like to say one thing, despite the original question being "what if he was right".....

Daemon loved Daenerys. He didn't instantly rise in rebellion when she was traded to Dorne (which I see as the least necessary of the 7 kingdoms). In fact he even attended the wedding and participated in the tournament. It seems to me that he probably really wanted to win that tournament, so as to honor the love of his life one last time. Unfortunately, Daeron's son Baelor defeated him ultimately, which I imagine to be rather humiliating, and would have left him as fertile ground for Bittersteel to sew the seeds which he would then nurture into full blown rebellion.

The only reason I mention this is because I have seen a decent bit of "he only let himself be manipulated due to his thirst for power," which seems like a gross over-generalization in my opinion. I feel like Daeron broke his heart by trading his love away, then Daeron's son broke his honor by defeating him at her wedding.

So I propose a new question.....

Was the acquisition of Dorne into the 7 kingdoms worth the repeated waves of rebellion?

Wasn't Daemon claiming love for Daenerys when he was already married with children? Oh, the apple...

Is this the case? I didn't realize this. I feel like I need to get twoiaf, but it's almost christmas and my money is tied up on others for now.

ETA: checked the wiki and realized you are, of course, correct. I probably should have known that.

Is this the case? I didn't realize this. I feel like I need to get twoiaf, but it's almost christmas and my money is tied up on others for now.

At the time of his death, Aegon had already arranged Daemon's marriage. Daeron just went on with his father's plans and no account has been left that Daemon opposed his marriage which took place a few years before Daenerys'. Later, it was suggested that he didn't want to marry his Tyroshi wife and some of his supporters claimed that Aegon had promised him Daenerys for a second, polygamous wife.

And Baelor Breakspear is somehow to blame for the rebellion because he didn't let Daemon best him? Is that what you're saying? If so, Daemon was as shitty warrior as he was malleable to flattery. It just wasn't his day. No one can win every time and a truly great warrior would have known it, as would a man of honour and a decent human being.

Pretty sure it was. Daemon's oldest kids, the twins, were born when he was only like 14 years old. I looked at the World book and Daemon waited a long damn time to rebel after Daenerys married Maron Martell; she had already had kids with him.

And for supposedly loving Daenerys so much, Daemon got along with his wife well enough to have at least nine kids with her despite being married for only 12 years.

I see. Thank you for making me aware of that.

Though it's apparently irrelevant, it seems to me that any Tyroshi wife as I would imagine her to appear, would be a disappointment compared to the option of bedding a Daenerys Targaryen, as I would imagine her to appear.

Again ... nine kids (although two of those were twins) in 12 years. There was something about his Tyroshi wife he had to have liked.

I see. Thank you for making me aware of that.

Though it's apparently irrelevant, it seems to me that any Tyroshi wife as I would imagine her to appear, would be a disappointment compared to the option of bedding a Daenerys Targaryen, as I would imagine her to appear.

Totally irrelevant since Daemon seems to have been quite content bedding Rohanne and it was the ugly chair he was after, not the very beautiful, very wedded, and a mother multiple times Daenerys.

In the World of Ice and Fire it was stated this could have been used by the rebels as one of the motives he rebelled.

I think Daemon was used as a tool by a fool act his father did.

You can see some houses who sided with him were: Yronwood, Hightower, Bracken, Reyne and some others

They were like the underdogs of their regions.

I think they saw the opportunity to become the great houses of their region.

Though, the facts that he had already been married for some time and didn't rebel immediately after Daenerys' wedding, don't necessarily imply to me that it wasn't his love for her that lead him to rebel. Like I had said, perhaps he sought to honor their love during the tournament and the opportunity was stolen from him, allowing Bittersteel to convince him to rebel.

Though, the facts that he had already been married for some time and didn't rebel immediately after Daenerys' wedding, don't necessarily imply to me that it wasn't his love for her that lead him to rebel. Like I had said, perhaps he sought to honor their love during the tournament and the opportunity was stolen from him, allowing Bittersteel to convince him to rebel.

Or more likely he was manipulated/flattered into rebelling by a bunch of would-be up-jumpers and defying the king "for love" sounds a lot better and more chivalrous than "I want my brother's birthright." In other words, the Daenerys thing is propaganda to make the rebellion look more romantic than it really was.

In the World of Ice and Fire it was stated this could have been used by the rebels as one of the motives he rebelled.

I think Daemon was used as a tool by a fool act his father did.

You can see some houses who sided with him were: Yronwood, Hightower, Bracken, Reyne and some others

They were like the underdogs of their regions.

I think they saw the opportunity to become the great houses of their region.

Yes, of course. The fact that the Tyrells and Baratheons didn't resent the so-called overwhelming Dornish influence shows that the lords paramount were quite pleased with the status quo. It was only those who saw personal gain that could be convinced into following Daemon. Eustace Osgrey is a shining example. For all his mancrush on Daemon, it was land that he was after, not the pure satisfaction of seeing Daemon on the throne.

Yes, of course. The fact that the Tyrells and Baratheons didn't resent the so-called overwhelming Dornish influence shows that the lords paramount were quite pleased with the status quo. It was only those who saw personal gain that could be convinced into following Daemon. Eustace Osgrey is a shining example. For all his mancrush on Daemon, it was land that he was after, not the pure satisfaction of seeing Daemon on the throne.

run the risk of being overthrown because their were considered upstart's.

and why do you think he had a man crush for daemon or bitter steel for that matter?

you don't win people over by being a asshole, as viserys learned.

run the risk of being overthrown because their were considered upstart's.

and why do you think he had a man crush for daemon or bitter steel for that matter?

you don't win people over by being a asshole, as viserys learned.

Daeron didn't need to win anyone over. All major Houses were already on his side.

Daemon was able to win someone only because he promised to give them what he would take from their overlords.

I'll ask again: What do you think Daemon's treatment should have considered of? Giving him Daenerys over the realm's interest? Making him heir instead of Baelor? How do you see this recommended treatment of Daemon in practical terms?

p.s Daeron didn't need to win anyone over. All major Houses were already on his side.

1.)Daemon was able to win someone only because he promised to give them what he would take from their overlords.

I'll ask again: What do you think Daemon's treatment should have considered of?2.) Giving him Daenerys over the realm's interest? Making him heir instead of Baelor? How do you see this recommended treatment of Daemon in practical terms?

1.) that is quite frankly absolute bullshit :bs: and goes against everthing the text say's about daemon and what the text and the wiki explicitly state.

2.) dorne was not a part of the seven kingdom's so it was not in the realm's interest it was in his dornish interest and the blackfyre rebellion was also in the realm's interest eh?

p.s was i talking about daeron wining people over? please actual read the post before commeting.

Archived