What if Daemon was right?

Trogdor Targaryen

Does not change the fact that Blackfyres had been huge losers.

Besides, Daeron II was one of the best kings whereas Daemon was a fool manipulated by others. Too bad Bloodraven had to kill him instead of Bittersteel. Had he lived and taken as a prisoner, I am sure that he could be turned to bend knee to Daeron II and might even be a KG of him. That would be the end of Blackfyre problem for good.

He lost and that's it, all Blackfyre Rebellions were lost by the rebels' side. It doesn't matter anymore. Plus Daeron II was remembered as Daeron the Good, he was a good king, I'm not sure if Daemon would be a good king, warrior kings aren't really good after all, we can see it through Robert, he was the image of the Warrior himself and was a terrible king in terms of administration.

What if it turns out that Daerons father wasn't actually Aegon IV, that he was actually the son of prince Aemon the Dragon knight, and this is why he passed Blackfyre to Daemon? Imagine the context of the Blackfyre rebellions if this is true. Does it actually matter? Would it still make him a better candidate for the throne because he would be of purer valyrian blood than the great bastards because both of his parents were Targs? Suppose Bloodraven learned this, would it have affected his stance?

Wouldn't in this case Aegon have a better claim than Dany, Blackfyre or not?

Wouldn't in this case Aegon have a better claim than Dany, Blackfyre or not?

Only if we assume that Aegon was the trueborn son of Rhaegar and not the result of Elia cheating with someone(Not that I think she was.)

But yes. This is actually a point I was hoping to get brought up. It would completely change the concept of who is the rightful heir.

Daeron was still 10000 times better than Daemon could ever have hoped to be as a ruler even if Aegon wasnt his father

now hold on here for a second.

Daemon was proven to be Honorable,just, and overall a good moral charter that's one of the reason's so many people followed him.

Chances are he would have spared the targaryen's and not kill them indiscriminately.

if deamon had won there would have been no more blackfyre rebellion's. which mean's no war of 9pking's= the rise of petry balish does not happen, the Stark-tully-arryn-baratheon doesn't happen cue no rr or war of the five king's.

in the end the Targs victory dammed house Targaryen. and westeros.

Does not change the fact that Blackfyres had been huge losers.

Besides, Daeron II was one of the best kings whereas Daemon was a fool manipulated by other's. Too bad Bloodraven had to kill him instead of Bittersteel. Had he lived and taken as a prisoner, I am sure that he could be turned to bend knee to Daeron II and might even be a KG of him. That would be the end of Blackfyre problem for good.

which is why he lead the army of course? cause he was a fool. that's why he very nearly brought house Targaryen to it's knee's. cause he was a fool. Of course

I don't understand all this daemon hate.

Yes daeron was an amazing king .

but from what i have seen it seem's Daemon was a really great guy.

he take's time to make sure the injured king's guard member who is know crippled get's medical attention.

When his son was being shot down by bloodraven he put his own life on the line to save him,

could you imagine tywin or Randyll doing that, if he had three other son's? he to the no.

him and he's children didn't did not deserve the fate they got.

He was a fool. He allowed a bitter Brother to convince him to rebel for selfish motives. His only support came from power hungry, second tier houses. He certainly wasn't anywhere near bringing the Targs to their knees, in fact he was crushed convincingly in all rebellions, and his family died because of it. He was a vain, selfish fool who could fight well, though not well enough it seems.

I don't understand all this daemon hate.

Yes daeron was an amazing king .

but from what i have seen it seem's Daemon was a really great guy.

A really great guy wouldn't have gotten thousands of people killed fighting a war of succession when his brother was actually the rightful king.

Daemon was charismatic. That's all. Charisma is a great great asset in a leader but it's not the most important and definitely doesn't guarantee such leader being a good one. For example, my former president is incredibly charismatic. He gave us a 3000% inflation rate in the 80s and bankrupted the country, and he got re-elected in 2005. Later, in 2009 he allowed a genocide in the rain forest and people are still considering voting for him. Because he's charismatic and well spoken. Daemon had the gift to make people follow him, apparently. But people can also follow you into a a wrong cause.

A really great guy wouldn't have gotten thousands of people killed fighting a war of succession when his brother was actually the rightful king.

detestable.

if you look at history you would see that aerys 1 gave Maegor blackfyre. Who succeed him Meagor over Aerys son aegon the second.

He was a fool. He allowed a bitter Brother to convince him to rebel for selfish motives. His only support came from power hungry, second tier houses. He certainly wasn't anywhere near bringing the Targs to their knees, in fact he was crushed convincingly in all rebellions, and his family died because of it. He was a vain, selfish fool who could fight well, though not well enough it seems.

it has been noted that the battle of the redgrass field was a rather close affair. that could have gone either way.

detestable.

if you look at history you would see that aerys 1 gave Maegor blackfyre. Who succeed him Meagor over Aerys son aegon the second.

There is ... a lot wrong with this. I mean, a lot.

Aenys gave his brother Blackfyre because Maegor was more of a warrior than him. Aegon I did not give Maegor Blackfyre.

Second, the succession after Aenys I died was disputed, with Aegon, Aenys I's son, being the rightful heir. Maegor only became king by killing his nephew and overpowering his nephew's faction. Aenys did not make Maegor his heir over his son, and giving Maegor Blackfyre was not intended to be taken as him naming Maegor his heir. His heir was Aegon 1.5 and Maegor murdered him.

detestable.

Maegor did not inherit because Aenys gave him Blackfyre. He inherited because he brutally executed anyone who challenged his claim and Visenya supported him with her dragon, and if you'll recall, Aenys' line continued to hold the throne after Jaehearys deposed Maegor

Archived