Worst sibling in the series

teemo

I'm so proud of this thread. Five pages and only one mention of Cat and Sansa each :). Things sure are improving

As for the worst sibling, it's hard to top likes of Gregor (murder&mutilation), Ramsay (murder), Aegon IV (continuous rape and emotional abuse)...

Also worth mentioning are Viserys (his treatment of Dany), Lysa (manipulating her sister and sister's family in a civil war), Euron (murder and Seven know what else) etc.

Huh? Jaime was already in the KG at this point, Tywin had no power over him.

That's not how human relation works. A Relations of authority this strong takes time to undo.

Tywin was his father and Jaime still fairly young at that point. It is no coincidence that Jaime finally told Tyrion the truth at around the same time he fully emancipated himself from his father by rejecting his demands/offer and chosing to stay Lord Commander.

Symbolically, that lie was the last shackle he was throwing off. As far as his father was concerned, anyway. At that point there were still a few sisterly shackles left to remove but he was on his way.

Anyway, Jaime doesn't belong in a worst brother thread. Worst guest, maybe.

Lots of bad siblings here. Don't need to list the obvious ones already mentioned. What I find interesting is how someone could treat one brother pretty well and another brother pretty bad. I'm talking about good ole king bob and his treatment of stannis. Basically screwed someone in stannis bed on his wedding night. That's pretty low right there. Then during the rebellion after taking kings landing he pretty much forgets about the siege at storms end and stannis starving to death. Then he gives him dragonstone basically insulting him and giving renly storms end. What did renly do during the rebellion. Probably to young to be more than a squire at that point but king Robert isn't real cool towards stannis. I'm not a huge stannis fan but one thing you can say is after getting shit on by Robert he still loyal to his brother in my opinion. Do these reason make ole king bob the worst brother ever. No but it does show that if he seems to favor one brother over another.

Archived