On the (supposed) omissions/changes for season five. (Warning Book/Show Spoilers)

A Mulligan Of Ice And Fire

Oh I just have to LOL.

Right before Season 4 aired last year I remember posting in a thread about how I could see them omitting Lady Stoneheart from the series and further how I would not mind the omission. I was immediately pounced on by several members for my foolish idea. They stated, quite snobbishly, how of course LSH will be in the show. "You have to have her for the Jamie/Brienne arc-DUH!" Well, Season 4 has come and gone and still no sign of our favorite ghoul. Once I read that Jamie was off to Dorne this season I couldn't help but chuckle. So if you members are still out there and want to scold me for my preposterous ideas and predict that LSH will have her vengeance in Season 6, bring it on! Only this time I get to call you a fool. :)

Oh I just have to LOL.

Right before Season 4 aired last year I remember posting in a thread about how I could see them omitting Lady Stoneheart from the series and further how I would not mind the omission. I was immediately pounced on by several members for my foolish idea. They stated, quite snobbishly, how of course LSH will be in the show. "You have to have her for the Jamie/Brienne arc-DUH!" Well, Season 4 has come and gone and still no sign of our favorite ghoul. Once I read that Jamie was off to Dorne this season I couldn't help but chuckle. So if you members are still out there and want to scold me for my preposterous ideas and predict that LSH will have her vengeance in Season 6, bring it on! Only this time I get to call you a fool. :)

I actually don't see the need for LS, either, but I don't think see the point in insulting others. Especially when we don't know for sure what is coming.

2 things I seriously think should be included/mentioned/shown:

Mance's son and Jon's dillema ("Kill the boy")

Jaime opening his eyes to the fact his love for his sister is not reciprocal as he thought ("She's been fucking Lancel, etc., etc.") and ignoring her letter asking for help

Oh I just have to LOL.

I was a huge fan of the show and I would never consider the show runners doing something this monstrously stupid- omitting Stoneheart - but they did. If she is really out and won't show up in s5 and her material goes to Sansa I'm not going to watch the show anymore

I was a huge fan of the show and I would never consider the show runners doing something this monstrously stupid- omitting Stoneheart - but they did. If she is really out and won't show up in s5 and her material goes to Sansa I'm not going to watch the show anymore

I think that she won't show up in s5 (Jaime and Brienne being apart for the length of the season), but her material won't go to Sansa (who has an arc and a storyline of her own). Where does this put you? :-)

e: I wouldn't mind if the Freys got their comeuppance in Season 6, not Season 7, though.

We won't know if it's stupid until we figure out exactly how much impact Lady Stoneheart will have on the story.

^That's the position I'm settling into. The fact LSH has only shown up once in the last two books and that GrrM has delayed the BWB storyline so much with cliffhanger after cliffhanger might mean that what he has in store with her is ultimately underwhelming. If she isn't actually the massive player that the end of ASOS would have us believe and she's actually done away with soon into TWOW that would be the real disappointment. That would be the real waste. Not that she would be cut but that she is at all cuttable.

(Of course I'm still not sure she's cut).

If she isn't important until TWOW it makes sense for them to delay her introduction as much as they have. She can still be cut though.

Up until now, she hasn't done anything that can't be cut or done by someone else. The BWB could just as easily kill people connected to the RW without her as it could with her, so I'm not really seeing her importance atm in the story. Obviously that could change in the future; but I agree, there's no reason to have introduced her yet.

We won't know if it's stupid until we figure out exactly how much impact Lady Stoneheart will have on the story.

^That's the position I'm settling into. The fact LSH has only shown up once in the last two books and that GrrM has delayed the BWB storyline so much with cliffhanger after cliffhanger might mean that what he has in store with her is ultimately underwhelming. If she isn't actually the massive player that the end of ASOS would have us believe and she's actually done away with soon into TWOW that would be the real disappointment. That would be the real waste. Not that she would be cut but that she is at all cuttable.

(Of course I'm still not sure she's cut).

I think her being brought back is in itself important - she adds to tragedy of Cat and RW. And she is the response to RW, the entire season4 there was NOTHING about the revenge for this. And I don't think Martin would bring her back without good reason. He is not the best writer, but come on, he is not that bad

^We don't as yet, theWhiteRabbit. But unless they're spotted in NI, actors can return to the show relatively under the radar.

I'm sure she'll do something at least, sati and David Bradley talking about divine retribution for Walder Frey (not in s5 but in the show eventually, my guess is in s6) is a decent-sized RW 2.0 clue in my book...but it is disappointing in itself that the focus of the ASOS epilogue has been so barely touched upon in the subsequent books. TWOW will touch upon it of course but her inclusion in the show will, I guess, depend on HOW MUCH she's involved in that book. I doubt she'll live till ADOS...

If I had a choice of including either Dorne or the Iron Islands in the plot in Season 5, it would absolutely have to be the Iron Islands. Not from a personal point of view, but just because it surely makes more sense. It wouldn't take long to catch up with the Dorne plot from the books in Season 6, Arianne's queenmaking, Quentyn's journey (thoh I don't think that is too vital) in the Iron Islands, there's the Kingsmoot, and Vicatrion has to travel half the world to get to Meereen. Also, surely you would think Euron is going to be a big player in TWOW, so surely his storyline must be one that is critical to include.

This sort of makes me think Euron will be unceremoniously snuffed out in TWOW without having done all that much (which would be a shame) because if a latecomer suddenly appears on the show (who has never been mentioned before) causing a load of havoc, I would imagine some viewers of the show will be a bit annoyed. So I think they've got Dorne and the Iton Islands the wrong way round.

If I had a choice of including either Dorne or the Iron Islands in the plot in Season 5, it would absolutely have to be the Iron Islands. Not from a personal point of view, but just because it surely makes more sense. It wouldn't take long to catch up with the Dorne plot from the books in Season 6, Arianne's queenmaking, Quentyn's journey (thoh I don't think that is too vital) in the Iron Islands, there's the Kingsmoot, and Vicatrion has to travel half the world to get to Meereen. Also, surely you would think Euron is going to be a big player in TWOW, so surely his storyline must be one that is critical to include.

This sort of makes me think Euron will be unceremoniously snuffed out in TWOW without having done all that much (which would be a shame) because if a latecomer suddenly appears on the show (who has never been mentioned before) causing a load of havoc, I would imagine some viewers of the show will be a bit annoyed. So I think they've got Dorne and the Iton Islands the wrong way round.

Dorne is way more important than the Iron Islands. They have Myrcella, and the family of Oberyn Martell, directly connecting them to the main story. The II don't have any of that at the moment. Asha/Yara and Theon are barely connected to it as it is.

About Lady Stoneheart, I have to say this:

If she's cut, why would D&D refuse to talk about her or why don't they allow talking about her during the panels? They've talked about Tysha and all stuff, but not about LSH. Why would that be, unless she is in?

BTW, I'm not even a fan of LS and I don't care about her almost at all, except for Jaime's fate in TWoW. I was still shocked she wasn't in S4 tho.

About Lady Stoneheart, I have to say this:

If she's cut, why would D&D refuse to talk about her or why don't they allow talking about her during the panels? They've talked about Tysha and all stuff, but not about LSH. Why would that be, unless she is in?

BTW, I'm not even a fan of LS and I don't care about her almost at all, except for Jaime's fate in TWoW. I was still shocked she wasn't in S4 tho.

It's a touchy subject. They might also still not be sure whether to include her or not like with Ramsay.

Or maybe they just want to keep the hype alive.

Archived