The Targaryens win? (Spoilers)

The Face less one

So basically I had a basic idea that all the houses who were for for Robert in his rebellion have been destroyed or screwed over...

The Starks- Death of Ned, Red Wedding, Destruction of Winterfell

The Tullys- Red Wedding, Death of Hoster, Death of Catelyn

The Lannisters- Death of Joffrey, Death of Tywin and Kevan

The Baratheons- Death of Robert and Renly, Battle of Blackwater

The Arryns- Death of Jon and Lysa Arryn

Furthermore houses who supported The Targaryns such as The Tyrells and The Martells were relatively untouched...

Now why this might have happened is beyond me so any suggestions?

Executions: Ned Stark and Lady, Sansa's Dire wolf, Septa Mordane. Lord Karstark

Murders: Maester Luwin, Catelyn, Tywin, Robb, Robert, Renly, Joffrey, Kevan, Tywin, Shae, Jon Arryn, Lysa Arryn. (A host of others at the Red Wedding). Jeor Mormont, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. Craster by the men of the Night's Watch.

Attempted Murder: Bran Stark. Myrcella Baratheon

Poisoned: Joff, Tywin, Ser Gregor, Maester Cressen. Khal Drogo probably poisoned so his wound would fester, and Dany's baby killed by blood magic to keep Khal Drogo alive, which it did, but left him witless. Dany killed him herself. Dany was almost killed by poison by a wine vendor sent by King Robert. Viserys was killed by Drogo with molten gold poured over his head when his abusiveness towards a pregnant Dany became too much for either of them to bear any longer.

Natural Causes: Hoster Tully.

Maimed and wounded horribly: Sandor Clegane, Jaime Lannister, Brienne of Tarth.

Tywin Lannister did not commit to Robert's Rebellion until he was certain Robert had won, that is, after Rhaegar's death. Then he sacked King's Landing and laid the corpses of Elia of Dorne's children at the feet of Robert Baratheon.

Elia of Dorne was raped and almost cut in half by Gregor Clegane, you can hardly say that she and her children were untouched. I am sure she supported the Targaryens as did the Martells.

The Martell's did not take part in Robert's Rebellion but still lost Elia, Rhaenys & Aegon.

Lysa Arryn was plotting Jon Arryn's death with Petyr Baelish, foolishly believing he was in love with her. She also lied to her sister Catelyn telling her the Lannisters murdered Jon Arryn.

Jaime pushed Bran out of a window paralyzing him for life. Joff hired a would be assassin to kill him altogether but the attempt failed. Petyr Baelish had Tyrion Lannister blamed for the failed attempt on Bran's life.

Oberyn Martell of course was killed in single combat by Gregor Clegane whilst championing Tyrion Lannister.

I can't think of anything that happened to the Tyrell's unless when Loras went to Dragonstone he really did get soaked and burned by boiling oil, but I don't really believe that's what happened.

Tyrion was almost killed at the Battle of the Blackwater by a King's Guard.

Podrick Payne was hanged by Lady Stoneheart, for what reason I do not know, as was Ser Hyle? (don't remember his full name).

I'm not sure what it is you're looking for here. Do you think people who support the Targs were somehow immune to tragedy or ill fortune? That is simply not true. Willas Tyrell was maimed in I believe a horse accident, perhaps while jousting with Prince Oberyn.

Wars touch everyone involved in one way or the other. It is a rarity to be unscathed by the destruction.

Ned died because he threatened Cersei by telling her he would tell Robert about her incest with Jaime and that his 3 heirs were all bastards and not his true born children. Cersei struck first killing Robert while he was out boar hunting (with Lancel's help).

Ned was named as Lord Protector until Joff came of age. Cersei had him arrested and his men killed. Joffrey promised Sansa that he would show mercy to her father if he confessed his treason and took the black. In order to save Sansa and Arya's lives, Ned confessed to crimes he did not commit and Joffrey went back on his word and had Ned's head cut off instead of allowing him to take the black. When Ned was arrested, Robb Stark called his banners and so began the War of the Five Kings. After Ned was beheaded by Joffrey, Robb Stark was named the King in the North by his bannermen.

I really don't think the Martells felt blessed having lost 4 beloved family members.

Robert & Renly did not die at the Battle of Blackwater. Robert Baratheon as I stated was killed in a boar hunting "accidental murder."

Renly was killed by a shadow creature birthed by Melisandre, supposedly without Stannis's knowledge.

Davos lost 4 sons at the Battle of Blackwater Rush to Wildfire. He was almost killed himself.

The Dayne's lost Arthur who was in the King's Guard in combat with Ned. Gerold Hightower also perished at the Tower of Joy as well as Ser Whent. Lyanna Stark died there as well.

Rhaegar died at the Ruby Ford when Robert Baratheon crushed his chest with his war hammer and his father, King Aerys (the Mad King) was murdered by Jaime Lannister after he was ordered to bring the King his father's head. (Tywin Lannister).

Rickard Stark & Brandon Stark were tortured and murdered by King Aerys. Brandon choked to death while trying to save his father from being cooked to death by the king.

Theon betrayed Robb and took Winterfell, pretended that he killed Brandon & Rickon Stark. Ramsay Snow tricked him into believing he could raise some men for Theon to help keep the castle when Ser Rodrik showed up to retake it for the Starks. Ramsay showed up pretending he was there to help Ser Rodrik take Winterfell back for the Starks, instead he turned on both Ser Rodrik & Theon Greyjoy. He killed Ser Rodrik & most of the other men at Winterfell, including the Ironborn and took Theon hostage and flayed & tortured him. He also took the women.

There were many & more houses than those listed that declared for Robert. Obviously there are still those who are staunch supporters of the Targaryens. We'll see how many if Dany ever gets herself to Westeros.

War makes strange alliances. Robert's Rebellion was strictly in Westeros, the current war seems more like it is going to be the Planetos version of World War III.

As to why all of this is happening? Only George knows for sure, and as he says so often, keep reading.

Assuming Dany is infertile like she believes, Aegon's the only hope of the Targ line continuing. If Dany won back her throne it would only be lost again in a generation.

Just throwing out there that I don't know if she is infertile. After reading WoIaF it seems like many Targs suffered through giving birth to horrible demon children.

no proof that he's real besides a lying spymaster.

and that is far more proof than what is offered as him being fake. Lying spymaster or no.

At the moment he's Aegon, son of Rhaegar, as that's what Martin wants us to believe - it's what the story requires. We're clearly supposed to be sceptical though, and there's a few hints that he might not be who he says he is - but would Aegon even know that? Who knows. At the moment in the story he's Rhaegar's son come back to avenge his family and stake his claim.

I'd imagine that when Martin first had the idea to bring Aegon back, he'd have expected people to pick up on the Blackfyre hints and to speculate on his parentage. But given the length of time between books and how fanatical some of his readers are, I'm sure even he's amused/bemused at some of the theories out there.

and that is far more proof than what is offered as him being fake. Lying spymaster or no.

90% of the realm thinks he is dead for a reason you know.

of of them being that Varys, could have never Know Gregory would have decided to kill the baby in such a way that denies facial recognition, until after the fact.

90% of the realm thinks he is dead for a reason you know.

of of them being that Varys, could have never Know Gregory would have decided to kill the baby in such a way that denies facial recognition, until after the fact.

none of that matters, not 90% of the realm, not varys after the fact or anything Gregor did. The important thing is that us, the reader sees Tyrion tease it out, we see the POV of a man that very likely was in love with and masturbated while thinking about Rhaegar and we have a final conversation with the man that organized it all. I am not saying it isn't a possibility that he is fake and his fakeness will be revealed but it is highly unlikely. If we are going by textual proof, no matter how small, he is real

Archived