What locations should the series visit next?

What locations mentioned either in the series or TWoIaF sound the most interesting to visit later on in the series?

I think:

Yi Ti

Ibben

Sothoryos

Summer isles

Leng

Casterly rock

Lands beyond the five forts (if there is indeed a link with the others/long night we may have a chance)

Skagos

Honestly as much as I would love to see more of Essos, I'd rather Martin left that for a sequel, prequel or spinoff. It's time to bring things all back together and start moving towards the climax, not introducing huge new locales. I think we'll visit the major Westerosi locales like Casterly Rock, Highgarden and the Hightower, but we're probably done with the east for the most part.

One place we could perhaps see is the Kingdom of the Ifequevron, which seems to have Cotf living in it. Maybe this plays into Dany's visit to Vaes Dothrak in TWOW - she'll learn about the War for the Dawn and dedicate herself to fighting the Others or something.

Honestly as much as I would love to see more of Essos, I'd rather Martin left that for a sequel, prequel or spinoff. It's time to bring things all back together and start moving towards the climax, not introducing huge new locales. I think we'll visit the major Westerosi locales like Casterly Rock, Highgarden and the Hightower, but we're probably done with the east for the most part.

One place we could perhaps see is the Kingdom of the Ifequevron, which seems to have Cotf living in it. Maybe this plays into Dany's visit to Vaes Dothrak in TWOW - she'll learn about the War for the Dawn and dedicate herself to fighting the Others or something.

As far as we know the Ifequevron were killed off by the Ibbenese when they conquered the land, unless you believe the tales that they fled to the deeper parts of the forest or elsewhere in the world. So even if there are still Ifequevron, finding them wouldn't be as easy as just wandering into the forest and saying hello.

The only unseen part of Essos I would like to see is something on the way from Slavers Bay to Volantis, either Mantarys or New Ghis or something. I would love if Dany/Tyrion flew over Valyria or even landed briefly. Beyond that Myr is in-between Volantis and Pentos which both seem to be involved in the future plot. Anything else in Essos and I will think its a waste of time. Westeros I'd like to see Summerhall, Whitewalls, Isle of Faces, Greywater watch, Hightower, Highgarden, Castly Rock, and the Dreadfort from Davos POV.

As far as we know the Ifequevron were killed off by the Ibbenese when they conquered the land, unless you believe the tales that they fled to the deeper parts of the forest or elsewhere in the world. So even if there are still Ifequevron, finding them wouldn't be as easy as just wandering into the forest and saying hello.

The same could be said of the Children in Westeros. It just seems suspect to me that Martin would introduce us to a potential group of COTF with a connection of sorts to the Dothraki, just as Dany is going off to meet the Dothraki once more, and given that Dany presumably needs to learn about the Others if her Dragons are going to play a role in fighting them. Maybe Dany doesn't return to Meereen until long after the Battle of Fire is over. She comes back with new knowledge that causes her to return to Westeros. That's another thing - Dany is currently intent on staying until Slaver's Bay until it's in order. Even if the Battle of Fire is won, this still leaves a lot for her to put right before she'll feel ready to leave for Westeros. As eager as readers are to see her leave, Martin needs to give her some sort of motivation for moving on that doesn't seem too wishy washy. Learning that she might be Azhor Ahai, and is needed to fight the Others would certainly achieve that.

The only unseen part of Essos I would like to see is something on the way from Slavers Bay to Volantis, either Mantarys or New Ghis or something. I would love if Dany/Tyrion flew over Valyria or even landed briefly. Beyond that Myr is in-between Volantis and Pentos which both seem to be involved in the future plot. Anything else in Essos and I will think its a waste of time. Westeros I'd like to see Summerhall, Whitewalls, Isle of Faces, Greywater watch, Hightower, Highgarden, Castly Rock, and the Dreadfort from Davos POV.

Summerhall will probably only be explored in Dunk and Egg. I don't think the truth of what happened there will be revealed in the main series. Whitewalls was burned to the ground after the Second Blackfyre Rebellion. I'm not sure if we'll see much of the Dreadfort again, but I'm confident that most of the other locales you mention will be visited.

As much as i love to read the eastern chapters of twoiaf and as much as i am interested in them, i would prefer that the story comes back to westeros alone as the story comes to its end. Maybe we will see some other free cities apart from braavos, pentos and volantis or maybe even mantarys or so, but i dont think we go further east than we already did (qarth is pretty much in the east)

But instead we re going to see much more of the lands beyond the wall.

The same could be said of the Children in Westeros. It just seems suspect to me that Martin would introduce us to a potential group of COTF with a connection of sorts to the Dothraki, just as Dany is going off to meet the Dothraki once more, and given that Dany presumably needs to learn about the Others if her Dragons are going to play a role in fighting them. Maybe Dany doesn't return to Meereen until long after the Battle of Fire is over. She comes back with new knowledge that causes her to return to Westeros. That's another thing - Dany is currently intent on staying until Slaver's Bay until it's in order. Even if the Battle of Fire is won, this still leaves a lot for her to put right before she'll feel ready to leave for Westeros. As eager as readers are to see her leave, Martin needs to give her some sort of motivation for moving on that doesn't seem too wishy washy. Learning that she might be Azhor Ahai, and is needed to fight the Others would certainly achieve that.

I think the difference between the Ifequevron and the Westerosi Children is that when the Andals came to Westeros and started killing them all off they retreated northwards beyond the Wall, completely leaving the forests of the South. The Ifequevron, on the other hand, don't really have anywhere to go. Their forest is completely surrounded by grasslands with there not being any dense forests nearby for them to flee to.

I think the difference between the Ifequevron and the Westerosi Children is that when the Andals came to Westeros and started killing them all off they retreated northwards beyond the Wall, completely leaving the forests of the South. The Ifequevron, on the other hand, don't really have anywhere to go. Their forest is completely surrounded by grasslands with there not being any dense forests nearby for them to flee to.

They could still have fled to the deepest parts of the forest. I just don't think we can dismiss them because they were supposedly killed off, because that's exactly the misconception that characters in-series have been making. I don't know if it's a likely speculation, but I feel as though something from the World book is going to come into play in the last two books.

As much as I'd love to see Asshai, I think that ship has sailed. I mean Dany has to go to Westeros. The White Walkers have to come into the realm. Supposedly there is more of the Lands beyond the wall to be seen.

The more I see of Essos in the Books the more I hate it.

As much as I'd love to see Asshai, I think that ship has sailed. I mean Dany has to go to Westeros. The White Walkers have to come into the realm. Supposedly there is more of the Lands beyond the wall to be seen.

The more I see of Essos in the Books the more I hate it.

Martin has confirmed we won't see Asshai. He left the possibility of visiting it in a flashback (from Mel most likely) open.

Although the Others will invade Westeros and it is the main continent of the series, from the information gathered from TWoIaF , the Long Night was a blobal event or at least covered more than just 1 continent.This leads me to belive that the pieces needed to solve the puzzle are scattered throughout Planetos and i dont think those pieces of information will just come to whoever needs them just to avoid visiting a certain place.

That being said, Asshai is at the top of the list (it has been mentioned too many times to not play an important role in the main plot).

The lands of always winter are a must, although i think it's hard to send a POV character there (maybe Meilsandre).

And i do agree about Hightower but that is almost certain considering Sam is already there.

I don't think it's neccesary to visit the rock, highgarden or other castles in Westeros.The impression i am left with is that at this point, the fight for knowledge has become as important as the fight for power.That's why i belive the second half of WOW and first half of DoS will provide locations, characters and situations that will give us pieces of the puzzle for the comming Night.

I would like to add places that i belive have a high chance of being visited but in a different way than we might expect.

I belive at least one character will go beyond the Bone Mountains, and i think that character is Brienne, on a one way trip.

Also, it would be a wasted opportunity if the sunset Sea is left unexplored

Although the Others will invade Westeros and it is the main continent of the series, from the information gathered from TWoIaF , the Long Night was a blobal event or at least covered more than just 1 continent.This leads me to belive that the pieces needed to solve the puzzle are scattered throughout Planetos and i dont think those pieces of information will just come to whoever needs them just to avoid visiting a certain place.

That being said, Asshai is at the top of the list (it has been mentioned too many times to not play an important role in the main plot).

The lands of always winter are a must, although i think it's hard to send a POV character there (maybe Meilsandre).

And i do agree about Hightower but that is almost certain considering Sam is already there.

I don't think it's neccesary to visit the rock, highgarden or other castles in Westeros.The impression i am left with is that at this point, the fight for knowledge has become as important as the fight for power.That's why i belive the second half of WOW and first half of DoS will provide locations, characters and situations that will give us pieces of the puzzle for the comming Night.

I would like to add places that i belive have a high chance of being visited but in a different way than we might expect.

I belive at least one character will go beyond the Bone Mountains, and i think that character is Brienne, on a one way trip.

Why Brienne?

Why Brienne?

She's been wandering around Westeros with a clear-yet-vague purpose for quite a while now.

Marrring Jaime would be too fairy-tale like, she doesn't seem to eager to return home and her death would not mean too much for anyone.After she's done her quests in Westeros i feel the only ending for her would be to become lost the world, bound by honour or a prommise, by traveling to the far west or across the Sunset Sea.she can take the journey all by herself and this would be a much better end for a character that spent most of her life fighting ( a quiet descent into oblivion)

Martin has confirmed we won't see Asshai. And IIRC he has confirmed we will see Highgarden and Casterly. I'd like to see every city in Westeros.

Archived