Bumping for TWOW V3

Kikajon

HC is amazingly good at this! I did use a soft and slightly off-white paint and put the first coat on a window frame. The walls are a nice peach color that varies with the light. So the off-white will cool it a bit. Here's a link to my basic palette if anyone wants a look. I'll be using a few more colors, but those are the main ones for walls and trim.

Interestingly, HC, I am considering adding in a splash or two of purple. :D

We're Benny Moore folks too.

I forget the name of the color in here in my office (It could be "Ivory Tower", but I wouldn't swear to that) - same in the kitchen/dining area. I would call it a very light peach - buttery but with a hint of pink.

In "my" bathroom I went for a strong color - sort of a Miami Dolphins blue (tho I'm a Pats fan). I wanted to make it feel like being in a aquarium - or watery at least.

We have a guest room that's pretty dark and shady so we painted it a very light lilac. I think it works well with the (limited) light in the room.

Wow, painting with the kids in mind, hadn't thought of that. Wonder what info is out there - if anybody's studied that?

Meh, we're just having boring white walls. Well, with posters and pictures (on those walls supporting picture frames) and shelves (in front of those walls being straight enough).

I could easily see flat white as working well with art - especially if there's lots and it is colorful. That way the walls step back and let the art dominate.

May he rest in peace, in that great big library in the sky.

Or mayhaps he found his discworld . . . .

I actually have found a bit online about decorating for autism. Not a huge amount. Gray and pink seem to be popular with kids on the spectrum, those two are both soothing colors and they pair well. Stay away from red, and most yellows. Use soft/muted colors for the walls as much as possible. So basically I'm looking at browns, grays, pinks, blues, greens, maybe some purple, but not in the bright jewel tones. Oh, and I'm supposed to avoid high contrast (like don't use a dark color on the walls with bright white for the trim). I like contrast, but I can tone it down for the boys' sake.

I actually have found a bit online about decorating for autism. Not a huge amount. Gray and pink seem to be popular with kids on the spectrum, those two are both soothing colors and they pair well. Stay away from red, and most yellows. Use soft/muted colors for the walls as much as possible. So basically I'm looking at browns, grays, pinks, blues, greens, maybe some purple, but not in the bright jewel tones. Oh, and I'm supposed to avoid high contrast (like don't use a dark color on the walls with bright white for the trim). I like contrast, but I can tone it down for the boys' sake.

So much you have to think of!

How is your family doing these days?

Kika, it says that he's cancelling his appearance at one of his favorite conventions in order to work in TWOW instead. But he also states that he reserves the right to change his mind if TWOW is finished by then. The con is in Saratoga in November. So people are excited that GRRM thinks there's a chance TWOW will be finished before the end of the year.

In other news, the beige I chose for my kitchen is too overwhelming. Back to the drawing board...er...paint chips.

Kika, it says that he's cancelling his appearance at one of his favorite conventions in order to work in TWOW instead. But he also states that he reserves the right to change his mind if TWOW is finished by then. The con is in Saratoga in November. So people are excited that GRRM thinks there's a chance TWOW will be finished before the end of the year.

Wohoo, that's cool!

In other news, the beige I chose for my kitchen is too overwhelming. Back to the drawing board...er...paint chips.

Meh, that's less cool. Well, don't give up, I'm sure you'll find a great solution in the end :)

Thanks yomi. I'm looking at a lighter beige or maybe a gray. Revere Pewter is in the running. My husband likes it and it seems to be the most popular paint color of the decade. The lady at the Benjamin Moore place told me she mixes that color for people every week.

Archived