Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 8 [show spoilers, book spoilers past OP]

Seneti

^He always was.

(It's him though, mate).

Then explain the completely different fighting style and movement? Here's everyone of his fights in the show that I can find, and it looks nothing like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyq63jYyASo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egms2bzKU4w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPgSAXCM-eM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srqfZ5nMwE0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKt2_oTE97c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2TlSM-2SyI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGgCSnGBI-4

Jon Snow is a brawler in the show. He's a very aggressive fighter who throws in kicks and punches. He fights ugly. That person in the clip doesn't. In fact, here's a gif comparison between the clip spin, and Jon performing a spin

Person in video:

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/d902540ec880a72ced83fac411488ff3.gif

Jon at Castle Black

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/7d7928c96e4894ef9d59e748cb36148b.gif

Jon is much less fluid and doesn't let his limbs hang about so loosely. He's stiff. When he spins, he stays rigid and his spare hand doesn't go flying out like the person in the clip's does. And his hair doesn't fly around so much when he spins as his is full of product and gelled into place, yet the person in the video's is completely loose and their hair swings freely.

^He makes an almost identical spin move in the gif from ep. 409 you posted. It's him. (And yes, Jon's hair moves as he moves. Check out the gif of him from the HBO 2014 year-ender, his hair bobbing is the most noticeable part of it!)

This reminds me of when people insisted last year that it was Brienne burning at the stake in one the s4 trailers when it was clearly just a random woman or that it was Yara who was talking to Mel when it was obviously Shireen.

This back and forth may serve only to congest the thread though. The featurette will prove what's what when it airs.

For the record, I really want the show to keep Deepwood though.

The only other possibility that would not feel totally cheap and half-assed would be if Yara simply never returns to the North in season 5 at all, instead stays on the Iron Islands and plots with her Dad and random other IB, never becomes Stannis's prisonner, and then we get a Kingsmoot beginning of season 6.

But a scene patched together from nothing just so she can become Stannis's prisonner....would suck.

For the record, I really want the show to keep Deepwood though.

The only other possibility that would not feel totally cheap and half-assed would be if Yara simply never returns to the North in season 5 at all, instead stays on the Iron Islands and plots with her Dad and random other IB, never becomes Stannis's prisonner, and then we get a Kingsmoot beginning of season 6.

But a scene patched together from nothing just so she can become Stannis's prisonner....would suck.

But it would be awesome to have Yara fighting with Stannis during Battle of Ice

^Though of course we don't even know if she actually will in TWOW to begin with. She could have something sneaky up her sleeve instead.

I'm not saying I don't think Deepwood Motte will be in the show, Hippocras. I'm just saying that it isn't a place where wildlings in their north of the Wall garb would be running into. I'm also certain that Yara won't get black hair, Jon's clothes and a beard in s5.

But it would be awesome to have Yara fighting with Stannis during Battle of Ice

Well we don't know if that would ever happen, and IMO it wouldn't compensate for lack of Deepwood.

IMO Stannis's path after Winterfell is related to the Iron Islands. That is what has been set up. So if Yara never goes to the North, the (IMO probable) alliance between Stannis and the Iron Islands anti-Euron faction can still easily happen some other way than Yara spending time as Stannis's prisonner and impressing him with her coolness, rationality and honesty.

Well we don't know if that would ever happen, and IMO it wouldn't compensate for lack of Deepwood.

IMO Stannis's path after Winterfell is related to the Iron Islands. That is what has been set up. So if Yara never goes to the North, the (IMO probable) alliance between Stannis and the Iron Islands anti-Euron faction can still easily happen some other way than Yara spending time as Stannis's prisonner and impressing him with her coolness, rationality and honesty.

Ya, of course we dont know exactly what or how things will actually happen, I was just saying it would be nice to see some more fighting scenes with Yara. I agree, Stannis's storyline will be linked to the Iron Islands, as GRRM wouldnt make Stannis capture the 2 only children left from Balon just to be prisoners and get executed. The whole Euron, Yara situation just seems a little difficult and rushed in s6, IMHO, Yes it can be done. But in s6 were we are most likely going to see Euron, there would need to see Balon get thrown over the bridge by a man in a cloak, and next we see Euron sailing in, but there would need to be his attack on the Reach or Oldtown, even if its off screen, but they need a few episodes to establish himself as a big threat and villain, which I think he will be in WOW.

I think Yara will form an alliance in WOW with Stannis anyways, but think they may make it bit rushed to fit all into s6, but thats next season problem, so no point in thinking about that now.

That's clearly Kit, and its not even close. It's Longclaw, Jon's clothing, and his fighting stance. He's the only one that fights with an open palm on his non-sword hand.

http://s23.postimg.org/fegfyhnvf/aditf.jpg

My best guess at the moment is a bunch of wildings take shelter at a village called Hardhome. CB receives news that a wildling known as the Weeper has taken them captive and declares himself the new King of the Freefolk. Jon leads a rescue effort of Wildlings against them, and the Night's King attacks. Jon is mutinied back at Castle Black for his actions or slain in battle and carried back. There may not even be a Pink Letter in the show.

It's quite a divergence from the book material that its hard to piece anything together. It will probably make for good TV though.

Unfortunately it must be Hardhome, unless they've settled near Eastwatch...but that wouldn't be right.

They must be combining a few elements, like Jon going to the wildling elders instead of Val, Jon actually going to Hardhome instead of sending word to Cotter Pyke to go, so pretty much getting Jon to do everything. should be interesting. I just hope he meets the same end, in the same way.

I just thought, maybe Jon is going to test some of Sam's theories on the WW/Wights. will Longclaw kill a WW?

Another possibility is that Jon is fighting Thenns is it not? In the books there were some serious tensions before he made his move with Alys. The Thenns South of the Wall before that were starting to be a really big problem.

Now the show has made the Thenns even more nasty and despicable, so how will they suddenly become allies without some kind of mini-arc?

It's just...it really looks NOTHING like a Hardhome scene. Those are not wights and WW. They are hot blooded humans fighting South of the Wall or very close to the Wall.

Examining the frames that definitely looks like Longclaw.

The long view of the village is that it's on the water, why would they make prop boats if it were not some kind of down scale harbor?

Any body make out who is fighting who in the background?

If it Hard Home , geography wise, we are back in jet pack city.

As much as I like the whole Pink Letter, I think it would be easier for D&D and the show in general to leave it out, because the Pink Letter means that Jon and Stannis's story have to be in sink with one another,as kinda happen simultaneously/close together. So without it they can forward one storyline without delaying one, while the other has to catch up. If there is a Pink Letter than the "For the Watch" and the "Battle of Ice" have to happen in close time frame of one another, even though I would prefer the Pink Letter as its a shocking moment. But whatever happens I will be excited nonetheless

It's just...it really looks NOTHING like a Hardhome scene. Those are not wights and WW. They are hot blooded humans fighting South of the Wall or very close to the Wall.

It could be that these shots are from multiple scenes. This coast set that was built can be redressed during production to fit other locales. It's odd how the Wildlings are charging through palisades when you'd expect Jon's force to land on the beach. It could be the shots we have of Wildlings charging and Jon fighting come from some kind of raid on the Weeper/Thenns/someone and the set is made to look like a camp in a forest. The set is later redressed to a beach scene that is amplified by CGI to look like a large village. The Night's King attacks.

There's also the possibility that Mance really is the author of the PL in the books. The show could take this and turn it into an all out assault on CB with Wildlings charging through their camps outside the Walls of CB.

There are so many possibilities.

As much as I like the whole Pink Letter, I think it would be easier for D&D and the show in general to leave it out, because the Pink Letter means that Jon and Stannis's story have to be in sink with one another,as kinda happen simultaneously/close together. So without it they can forward one storyline without delaying one, while the other has to catch up. If there is a Pink Letter than the "For the Watch" and the "Battle of Ice" have to happen in close time frame of one another, even though I would prefer the Pink Letter as its a shocking moment. But whatever happens I will be excited nonetheless

One of the things that has puzzled me for a long time is how the Pink Letter would translate to the show. Jon standing and reading a lengthy letter aloud to the viewer might not work well. It's one thing to have the text placed in front of your eyes in ADWD and get chilled to the bone reading it yourself, experiencing it as if you were Jon, and its another thing to have it dictated for you. It would likely work better for TV if the PL was translated to something more visual and direct.

You may be right. Jon can be betrayed in so many other ways that don't result in the Battle of Ice being pushed back to Season 6.

Interesting the Sand Snake Jamie Bronn cut is from an early episode, because Jamie and Bronn seemed to have disguised themselves as Dornish early on , in E9 or E10 Jamie at least is no longer in disguise.

Not sure why this disguise scenario.

How do the Sand Snakes even know they are imposters or for that matter who they are?

Archived