Acrophilia 5: And the winner is......

Dolorous Gabe

Congratulations, T-C, and congratulations DG for an excellent game. :)

I hope I didn't cause much more than initial angst over my Doran Clue. I figured everyone might first think of Oberyn, which would at least bring you to House Martell, and a quick look at Doran's Wiki page would reveal the snake and the grass quote. :)

Woofless, I loved the elegance of your entry, especially the use of the words pharos. :)

Thank you so much FB, and thank you all who voted it fav - woohoo :commie:

Congrats to Top Cat TC.

Thank you for the game DG and good luck tomorrow. Oh, and yes, You are evil. But a nice kind of evil.

Well done T-C!Did you find Kindle useful in this round?I did but then made a mess of reading the Merman's Court chapter.Another careless error.

Let's get the next one going Rhaena or SNA!

Well done DG on an inventive and intriguing game.

I would host again some time, but not now yet...

Woofless, your clue was an amazing hint to a character of whom I only remembered his interaction with Davos, not even his name.

If #2 hadn't been by our beloved brother Robert host, I would have voted for that one, though, because it's a really awesome clue, too, and I would have wanted to make up for the author points lost due to people getting it wrong.

I liked the Teon clue a lot, too. Even though it is quiet light-hearted it describes rather well the tragedy of Theon's fostering.

Both the Doran and the Kevan clue annoyed me quiet a bit.

Doran doesn't wait in the grass, he is the grass. The one who waits in the grass is Oberyn. It's a perfect Oberyn clue. I was happy to see a Oberyn clue not using words like serpentine and the like. But maybe that's my problem with Oberyn. I also thought "Cripple's proxy has links" (IIRC the wording of a game 1 clue...) was a brilliant Oberyn clue, who took a Small Council seat for Doran, who's unfit to travel, and has forged six links at the Citadel. In truth the hint was supposed to refer to Maester Luwin, though, who of course has links, too, and basically rules for Bran when he is the Stark in Winterfell. This time though, I feel that "Waits nonchalantly imitating pleasant grass. Complaisant? Nope." would have been a better Doran clue.

It was quiet clear that the "'unfit' woman" was Cersei and it was Kevan who called her as unfit a mother as a ruler, but still... it could have refered to anyone who is promoted to the Small Council after Cersei's imprisonment, i.e. Mace or Randyll or Paxter, too. And since minister originaly means something like servant or attendant it probably fits a Hand better than a regent.

Archived