Daario Naharis vs Gerold Dayne

DraculaAD1972

Easily done if they're sleeping or drunk or are otherwise not expecting to be attacked by one of their own side.

Yes but we don't know how he killed them. That in and of itself isn't indicative of martial skill, not if he drugged them or poisoned them before hacking their heads off.

As to the OP, with any luck they'd each mortally wound the other and it'd be a draw.

All I'm referring to is the statement in the OP that Daario hasn't drawn blood/killed anyone, which is untrue. "On the page, only Gerold has actually draw blood. Daario remains untested,"

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if his victims were dead drunk when he killed them. That wasn't the question. He did it and cut their heads off.

As to the OP, with any luck they'd each mortally wound the other and it'd be a draw.

Came here to say this :D

This battle can only be a good outcome. In the very least, one of them would die and we could move on.

Can someone have Penny be their squire?

He became a leader by stabbing his allies in the back. And yes you can, as men such a Homeless Harry shows. Just need to be smart enough not to die.

He was one of the three leaders of the company before that and I very much doubt he got to that position in the same way. He also would be a veteran of a huge number of battles and the fact he's still alive is telling.

Harry is in a slightly different position as the Golden Company is more traditional in that their leaders tend to be Westerosi nobility and Harry might have started as an officer because of his status and promoted for being a good tactician rather than an amazing swordsman. Unlike Daario who would have started as a common lowlife recruit with nothing to recommend him but his skill. And Harry is quite old now and plagued by ill health - there's nothing to suggest he wasn't at least a competent soldier in his youth.

Darkstar. Darkness is his ally, he was born in it, molded by it, he didn't see the light until he was already a man. By then it was nothing to him but blinding.

I'm going with Darkstar. At least someone besides himself says he's dangerous, even if that someone is Doran.

Don't forget Oberyn thought he was poison to.

I bet even Daario's mom thinks he sucks

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

He was one of the three leaders of the company before that and I very much doubt he got to that position in the same way. He also would be a veteran of a huge number of battles and the fact he's still alive is telling.

Harry is in a slightly different position as the Golden Company is more traditional in that their leaders tend to be Westerosi nobility and Harry might have started as an officer because of his status and promoted for being a good tactician rather than an amazing swordsman. Unlike Daario who would have started as a common lowlife recruit with nothing to recommend him but his skill. And Harry is quite old now and plagued by ill health - there's nothing to suggest he wasn't at least a competent soldier in his youth.

It is not like he is old sellsword like Ben, he is quiet young. Ben claims to fought a hundred battles himself, but does not at all claim to fight with great courage.

The Golden Company has dozens of men of Westerosi houses. Nothing suggest Daario was given high rank because of skill.

It is not like he is old sellsword like Ben, he is quiet young. Ben claims to fought a hundred battles himself, but does not at all claim to fight with great courage.

The Golden Company has dozens of men of Westerosi houses. Nothing suggest Daario was given high rank because of skill.

Why was he given a high rank then? Because it's certainly not because of his blood or superior military/leadership training. He's a nobody that goes from a common sellsword to a leader of a company.

Why was he given a high rank then? Because it's certainly not because of his blood or superior military/leadership training. He's a nobody that goes from a common sellsword to a leader of a company.

Showmanship? A good nose for business? To a company of mercs, that's probably more viable than merely being a good fighter. And in stark contrast with his fighting, we already have evidence of Daario's talent for attracting business. He switched at just the write time at Yunkai, he got his Stormcrows to be put in charge of tax collecting.

There was also that mission to the Lhazareen where he was tasked with bringing them precious gifts as a token of friendship... I wonder how many of those presents ever arrived in Lhazar. Plus, if you subscribe to the theory that Daario is Daenerys betrayal for gold, you'll find that he's been playing both sides for maximum profit so far.

Now that doesn't mean that Daario is a bad fighter. Some modicum of skill is still necessarily to get through battles unscathed, but I don't think Daario is in anyway special. Maybe just a little bit better than average. Darkstar on the hand is actually reputed to be a great fighter by people who would know of his skill (Doran, Daemon Sand, Oberyn) and the warriors sent after him amply prove that point. Plus the fact that GRRM keeps stressing that Darkstar didn't really fuck up with Myrcella. Aemon the Dragonknight could have been there, but everyone would have failed to kill Myrcella due to the fact that her horse edged away.

I have to ask, what is that color? I'm half blind with them, and cant make it clear.

Purple :) It's a bit of forumtradition that whenever Darkstar is named, you put his name in purple, to "celebrate" the existence of this Dayne of the night :P

Archived